“Afternoon tea”

The Spa at Culloden
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Holywood
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Went to Culloden yesterday for afternoon tea with my mum and had a lovely experience. We had a fantastic view over the gardens and the lough. The staff, especially Harriet were very attentive and friendly. The afternoon tea was lovely, the sandwiches were well filled, the scones were fresh and warm and the cakes were gorgeous. the atmosphere was relaxed despite the hotel being busy and we were able to take our time and enjoy the whole thing. We'd definitely go back.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed five star in other hotels. Have to say this hotel is maybe four star at most. Ordered the Omelette with Causeway chips off the bar menu which was limited, nice gimmick they where Hexagonal but the Omelette was tasteless and very small for the price. Staff in the bar where very attentive but kept being disturbed by some guy with a walkie talkie who thought he was important. A fellow diner waited way too long for her Scampi and was way too understanding. Think I will stay at my normal hotel in Belfast in future.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Just had an amazing afternoon at the Spa, just what I needed. The staff where very helpful and friendly. I had a fantastic treatment with Lucia. Afterwards we had afternoon tea in the Hotel overlooking the sea. Will most certainly be back.
Audrey.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I went to the Van Morrison concert on 22nd Jan 2014. The tickets cost £200 each and this included a set dinner. The concert was great but the quality of the food was poor. The wine was extremely overpriced....the cheapest bottle was £32 and it was just ok. The hotel cost £145 each night, very overpriced for what you get! We went to the Cultra restaurant on the estate on the second night, the food was dreadful. I highlighted all of these issues to the receptionist when we were leaving and filled in a comment card. Not sure if the hotel cares as they'll get the crowd for the concert anyway. It was our second Van concert in one of The Hastings Group hotels and would not stay with them again. The first one was in the Europa, again a nice hotel but the food was very poor there too and everything very overpriced.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have stayed here several times over the last 2 years, occasionally with my wife and more recently alone on business. A very nice hotel with great scenery overlooking the bay. The Spa is great for relaxing. The hotel is one of the best in Belfast if your want 5* service and experience.