“Good food, good service”

The Mitre - Culloden Hotel
Ranked #9 of 50 Restaurants in Holywood
Cuisines: European, British, Irish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tandragee, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Visited here for Sunday lunch with my wife and son as part of my wife's birthday celebration. The restaurant has a lovely setting overlooking the gardens and Belfast Lough. The staff were excellent and very attentive offering a silver service meal. Food was very good, plentiful and superbly cooked. The 4 course meal cost £30 per head but is well worth it.

bangor, northern ireland
“Hi tea”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My nephew won a voucher for 2 for hi-tea at the Culloden - my cousin and I booked our tea for the afternoon, the staff are most helpful but as for the quality that came from the kitchen, was a huge disappointment |! For an amount of £25.00 per head I was in shock as to the quality of the food given the croissant with the salmon and lacking cream cream cheese was a left over from the day before, the sandwiches were not made with fresh bread as for the fillings very boring - none of the sweet faire was home baked, all purchased and honestly not enough ! Overall for the amount of £50.00 for 2 people I would seriously relook at the whole package for a 5* hotel its a joke ......

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank carol d
Portrush, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A fine dining experience”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Staying in the hotel for a couple of nights we decided to eat within the Mitre restaurant with a couple of friends.
On arriving at the restaurant we were greeted by Ryan who shown us to our table with menus and offered would we like a drink whilst deciding on what we would have to eat.
Adequate time was given to decide what we would like. Whilst waiting on our starters we received a complimentary course from the chefs which consisted of smoked duck and white truffle emulsion. This was enjoyed by all.
To start we had the spiced pumpkin soup with chicken ravioli, chicken ballentine and the salt and chilli squid. Plates were cleared by everyone!
For mains 3 people ordered pork belly with the 4th ordering the steak. Pork belly was served with champ and veg and steak was served with Roast potatoes and veg so no extra sides were needed, due to portion sizes being great. Both meats were very tender, cooked well and tasted lovely.
For desserts 3 ordered deconstructed the chocolate and peppermint cheesecake and the 4th had the apple sundae with black pepper ice-cream. Again desserts were lovely, only note to say about the cheesecake is it requires some type of biscuit to accompany it.
Tea, Coffee and petit fours were served after we finished the desserts.
From arrival until we left Ryan and other staff looked after us well.
Will definitely be back for another fine dining experience!!

• Visited October 2013
Derry, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Ate here recently while a guest at the hotel was disappointed by the food and the long long wait for everything from menus being brought, to the order being taken and finally being shown our table an hour and 15 minutes before a bite of food arrived I was almost passed eating by this stage. The chicken was beautiful but very small and the side of cauliflower and broccoli bland and tasteless. My husband's fish was very tasty and the side of chips lovely. The dessert, custard tart was very tasty too. The staff were so helpful especially Peter and Ryan who could not do enough however the long long wait disappointed me.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Fox149
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Very Average”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I had been really looking forward to celebrating my birthday here as I had been before and it had been excellent.On the positive side the waiter was very attentive and polite but there was only a handful of people in the restaurant so he had time to be. The starters were good but the main course was poor.The lamb was tasteless,the gratin potatoes were dry and the only veg were hard peas. For the price we paid I do think it was poor.The dessert was ok but nothing special.My partner had the cheese board which he said was very good.

• Visited October 2013