“Food Alright but, Atmosphere and Service Excellent.”

Tates bar and grill
Ranked #26 of 51 Restaurants in Holywood
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Food Alright but, Atmosphere and Service Excellent.”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had dinner here recently with a group of friends, the service was excellent the food was just ok. I had a fillet steak sandwich and it states on the menu that it is served pink, which is right for me, but the steak was over cooked and quite tough. Two of my friends ordered sirloin med rare and again it was very well done, the chips and other sides, however, were fine. The waiting staff did a sterling job on an exceptionally busy night and the atmosphere in the bar was great. We will definitely return and hopefully the steak will be up to par with everything else at Tates.

• Visited June 2014

Larne, United Kingdom
“First visit”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Had heard good things about the place and called in today. All in all a very good addition to Holywoods range of eateries. Interior is good and the menu has a lot of the usual grill bar favorites. We had the fillet steak and the burger - both were excellent and nicely presented . Service overall was good - staff were fairly attentive and efficient , although a little more warmth and a smile or two wouldn't go amiss. All in all a very good experience and we will be back.

“First time”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Was here on Sunday for the first time since it opened. Nice atmosphere with friendly staff. There was a children's entertainer on but it was fathers day after all. We both opted for the Sunday roast. It was enjoyable but my lamb was a bit fatty. We had lovely desserts and overall an enjoyable few hours. Would go back.

Visited June 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Brill night”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I went to Tates on Saturday 7th June for our wedding anniversary.
I have to say I have just booked for Sunday lunch on Fathers Day, it was that good.
The place is spot less (how you judge a venue is their toilets) Could not find fault of any kind.
The service was excellent. All servers very attentive (nothing too much trouble).
Food was very good, but there is always room for improvement.
All staff very helpful - door staff helped us in getting a taxi home - nothing too much trouble.
It is great to see The Old Railway Site alive and full of people.
I have recommended it to all my friends and family
Don't understand the negative reviews
FANTASTIC PLACE FOR A NIGHT OUT WITH THE GIRLS OR A NIGHT WITH THE FAMILY
You have to try it

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Elizabeth M
“Good Service good food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Been recommended by friends, to visit. Party of 8 attended on a Saturday evening. Greeted by enthusiastic staff, menu is adequate and offered special starter menu at a reasonable price. 4 of our pary opted for steak, all came cooked to their various preferences and all seemed happy. I had lamb, not what i expected. Main courses all adequate and we opted for no dessert. All in all would recommend if you are looking for bistro type meal. Service good and staff knowledgeable with regsrd to food menu. Not so when it csme to wine and drinks etc.