“Lunch at Fontana”

Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Menu good and food delicious. May be quite expensive so prices could be reviewed. Atmosphere is also good and staff friendly and attentive. Will visit again in the future.

2  Thank Madge M

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Strongly disagree with the two previous reviews, clearly these have been put up simply to slate Fontana, I have eaten there on many many occasions and have found the food and staff outstanding.
Folks ..... my advice would be go and see for yourself, I assure you, you will not be disappointed.

D. Mijnders

2  Thank Dee M
Reviewed 16 May 2014

As someone who has been a Holywood resident of 30 yrs standing, I felt compelled to write this review on behalf of Fontana restaurant, after seeing that they are only rated 7th on the trip advisor list of restaurants' in Holywood.

As someone who travels through their work, eating in some of the supposedly finest restaurants in the world, I feel I am well placed to opine on the quality of the restaurants in my home town.
I have just finished a regular Friday lunch in Fontana and had wanted to try their new lunch menu.

My wife and I had our usual lobster thermidor, followed by Crab with homemade spaghetti and asparagus with poached egg and pancetta, topically named as Egg' d' Giro.
This was all washed down with a bottle of house sauvignon and finished of with Apple crumble and both ice and fresh cream.

The total bill came to £58 and given the quality of the food and service, has to rank as one of the best value eateries, not just in Holywood but anywhere.
This restaurant is without doubt head and shoulders above anything else in Holywood and in my opinion the top five in Northern Ireland, well deserving of their recently awarded Bib Gourmand rating.

4  Thank Debbie P
Reviewed 19 March 2014

From the minute we entered the Fontana we were made to feel extremely welcome, by the front of house staff and the chefs.
This high standard of service was provided throughout our visit and we felt totally at ease and comfortable the entire time.

The food was not only presented perfectly but delicious, the homemade strawberry Ice cream that came with dessert was especially gorgeous.

Looking forward to my next visit
And would highly recommend it to family and friends.

A warm, elegant spot to enjoy a delicious meal..

1  Thank CPower213
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Fontana has a varied menu with fresh local produce featuring strongly. Great service and good choice of set dinner menu or a la carte. Excellent fish dishes. And excellent puddings. Only disappointment is the rather dull décor.