“Excellent meal in a recently refurbished restaurant.”
Review of China Garden

China Garden
Ranked #9 of 26 Restaurants in Haddington
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have visited the China Garden on many occasions along with family and friends and have always enjoyed my meals however the decor and lack of heating made for a fairly mediocre night out. I am very glad to report that the restaurant has recently undergone a complete make over and what a difference this has made. The colours are neutral with touches of warmth, there is a new heating system, tables and chairs and the toilets have been completely modernised.
The meals continue to be excellent, still served by the very friendly and helpful staff lead by the owner Colin who is rightly proud of the changes that he has put in place.
I do not like MSG added to my food and ask wherever possible for this not to be incorperated into my meal. The China Garden chef and staff have no problem in adhearing to my request and the end product is very well cooked and flavoursome.
I have no problem in recommending this restaurant and hope the China Garden goes from strength to strength.

1  Thank flockhartss

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The restaurant has very basic decor and is usually cold. Apart from that, food usually very good. Extensive menu choice, and food delivered fresh to the table. First class prawn crackers. Staff very welcoming and friendly. If you want good basic Chinese cuisine then China Garden is an excellent choice.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

After enjoying many a good sit I meal there we decided to give their home delivery service a go... Pandas ere very disappointed. The quality if the food was nothing like what we have sampled I the past, the deep fried shredded beef was soggy at best and the fried rice had a lot do burnt egg in it giving it a taste of charred egg. That aside they got our order wrong and delivered hot and sour soup rather than the chicken in chilli and garlic that we were expecting, and by the time the replacement arrived we had finished eating and were past the point of microwaving the remaining rice to try and revive it. I struggle to find anything good to say about either the food or the service. Very disappointed and will not be going back or using the delivery service again.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Enjoyed an evening out with family. It was good simple Chinese food. Great service provided. And great value for the price we paid.

1  Thank Adriel Y
Reviewed 6 June 2013

having used this carry out for a few years now, i would say its superb 90% of the time. i dont know if there are different chefs on, but sometimes the food is really awful.

1  Thank laura c