“Look after diners not takeaways”
Review of China Garden

China Garden
Ranked #12 of 27 Restaurants in Haddington
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Arrived 7.40 finally served main course at 9.30! If we had not asked we could be still there. Distinctly average fare , had ran out of squid even though it had been ordered over 80 minutes earlier. If you want something special this is not the place to go. Service was extremely slow and catered for the takeaway crowns . Complacent even when they knew they had product delivery issues. Average and will not return!

1  Thank SimonPeers

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We have been eating in the China Garden since it opened and have never had a bad meal. Service is always excellent and food quality superb. All the staff are friendly and efficient and I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Neil088
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have visited the China Garden on many occasions along with family and friends and have always enjoyed my meals however the decor and lack of heating made for a fairly mediocre night out. I am very glad to report that the restaurant has recently undergone a complete make over and what a difference this has made. The colours are neutral with touches of warmth, there is a new heating system, tables and chairs and the toilets have been completely modernised.
The meals continue to be excellent, still served by the very friendly and helpful staff lead by the owner Colin who is rightly proud of the changes that he has put in place.
I do not like MSG added to my food and ask wherever possible for this not to be incorperated into my meal. The China Garden chef and staff have no problem in adhearing to my request and the end product is very well cooked and flavoursome.
I have no problem in recommending this restaurant and hope the China Garden goes from strength to strength.

1  Thank flockhartss
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The restaurant has very basic decor and is usually cold. Apart from that, food usually very good. Extensive menu choice, and food delivered fresh to the table. First class prawn crackers. Staff very welcoming and friendly. If you want good basic Chinese cuisine then China Garden is an excellent choice.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

After enjoying many a good sit I meal there we decided to give their home delivery service a go... Pandas ere very disappointed. The quality if the food was nothing like what we have sampled I the past, the deep fried shredded beef was soggy at best and the fried rice had a lot do burnt egg in it giving it a taste of charred egg. That aside they got our order wrong and delivered hot and sour soup rather than the chicken in chilli and garlic that we were expecting, and by the time the replacement arrived we had finished eating and were past the point of microwaving the remaining rice to try and revive it. I struggle to find anything good to say about either the food or the service. Very disappointed and will not be going back or using the delivery service again.

1  Thank Elizabeth M