“Thanks Linda!”
Review of Thorntonloch House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunbar
Thorntonloch House
Ranked #3 of 6 Dunbar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Desperately needing a short break and were lucky to get booked in for three nights at Thorntonloch House. Know and love the area, but unable to camp at the site below the House this summer as we have done for several years, so were delighted to get a "fix" of this wonderful place with its great beaches, oodles of space, great wildlife, good food and great people. Linda's previous reviews are no exaggeration. We had the pleasure of the big ( i.e. big enough for 2 double beds, a sofa, space to spare, one of the best en suite showers ever and a spa bath!) room with the bay window - literally! - great view of the bay and the chickens pottering happily in the garden. Happy chickens make for happy eggs, and breakfast was delicious and couldn't have been fresher. It came with the added bonus of some great and fun conversations with a lady whose open, unpretentious and relaxed style was a real pleasure and who could teach a few folk how to make guests feel at home. Arrived as strangers, felt we left as friends. Thanks Linda - feel all the better for our time out at Thorntonloch.

Room Tip: Imagine all rooms are fair size but views to bay are just fantastic, and this one is superb.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 August 2014

A perfect location, right on the beach! Lovely family own this great B & B, lovely room, great breakfast and great coast within walking distance. We went to sunglasses estate for a wedding so perfect location for this too. Only 25 mins from Edinburgh.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I and my pet stayed in Thorntonloch House for two nights. It was like being at home or even better. My compliments to an always present Linda, so sensible towards animals (she is a rescuer) and her guests. The house is as clean as one could hope, Linda and her husband are always ready to help whatever you need at any time. I really wonderful experience and the feeling that I would have missed them once I left.
Daniela & Pepe

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I attended a wedding at Dunglass Estate and chose Thorntonloch House for it's proximity to the venue. I checked out the reviews, of course, and what shone through on these were Linda's personality. But, unfortunately, I could only stay for 1 night, my loss. Linda is a wee gem, could not be more helpful, friendly and passionate about what she does and what a Guest House/B&B should be about.

The house itself is a grand old mansion with large rooms and very comfortable guest areas. The bedrooms vary in size, phone and ask what would be most suitable for your requirements. I had a very comfortable nights sleep, after an exhausting and busy day. Everything was clean and tidy, as you would expect.

Breakfast was excellent, great choice of traditional fare and as much as you could handle! Linda was helped by another "wee gem" Tracey, I thought they were sisters! But the accents gave them away :o)

A very delightful experience, so much so I will make a special trip to explore the stunning area the house is set in and have a much longer visit.

Room Tip: Do check room size with Linda first. Some are huge!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights whilst visiting for a wedding at the nearby Dunglass Estate.

On calling up to book the room I told Linda that's what we were doing and she said "That's fine, what I do is I pick you up and drop you off. It's only two minutes up the road and the taxis charge you quite a bit so I just take my guests up and pick them up at midnight when it all finishes".

The pre arrival service was matched when we appeared. We were let in early to get ready for the wedding, with Linda stopping to take a picture of us with her camera outside the front of the house in our wedding attire before she drove us up.

In the morning, our sausages were cooked beautifully and we were delighted to find out that the eggs were laid by the hens in the back garden and collected that morning!

Along with her husband Peter, Linda could not have been more welcoming and helpful.

The house itself is equally as impressive, with spacious well decorated rooms, comfy beds and a super powerful shower.

Thorntonloch House exemplifies why people choose B&B's over Hotels. We felt like we were guests of the family rather than customers and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Linda is marvelous.
We had a warm and friendly welcome and Linda has so much to tell about the history of the house, the region and gave a hint of her own experiences.
Great!!!
But the best was the uncomplicated form of solving things.
We left the most beloved Teddy Bears of our son at Thorntonloch House.
But Linda was so dedicated, that she contacted the former keeper of our cottage to get our contact details, to send us the bears!!!
We love her for that so much, we can´t thank her enough.
Thanks Linda, thats hospitality at its best!!!
Inga, Frank, Henrik and Meret

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Me, my partner and daughter have just returned from a two night stay with Peter and Linda as we were attending a family wedding nearby. What a fabulous place to stay! The house is beautiful in an idyllic location with sea views. The rooms are immaculate and spacious with fantastic power showers. Nothing was too much trouble for Linda who made us feel like we were stopping with family, she is one of the most welcoming host I have ever had the pleasure of stopping with. Breakfast is delicious with freshly laid eggs from her chickens. She even offered, as per previous posts, to take us and pick us up from the wedding venue as she didn't want us to pay expensive taxi prices! Fantastic value for money. We will definitely be returning as soon as we can. Many thanks for your outstanding hospitality Linda and Peter, it made a fantastic weekend even more perfect :-)