“One night stand”

Royal Mackintosh Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Dunbar
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed one night and couldn't park due to limited parking at the hotel and I parked 200 meters away at the roadside not the best start. It is more of a b&b than a hotel with the rooms sparsely furnished and on the small side. There was no bath due to the limited size and wifi downstairs in the bar only. I had need to return for my coat and went to the wrong room yet my key opened the door a "bit disconcerting". I was woken at 03:00 am by the guest next door having his TV playing not overly load but enough to stop me getting back of to sleep. On the positive side the staff were helpful and polite and the bar was busy with a good atmosphere. A good hotel for any one working in the area but not for a businessman needing email,photocopier etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mick E

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed just one night and just turned up at reception to get a room. It's was the last room available and the hotel staff and manager couldn't be more accommodating and welcoming to me.
My room was huge, with a comfortable double bed with a nice bathroom.The WIFI excellent reception in the bar area by weak signal in the rooms but it was free.Complementary tea and coffee and toiletries in the room was most welcome.

The breakfast in the morning was excellent and a wide varied choice with everything I ordered perfectly cooked.
Would definitely recommend a stay here .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in January with my wife . Was greeted by a young girl who had the can't be bothered atitude to busy talking to a young man. The food was good but could be presented a bit better salad was with everything Rooms where clean and well presented bar is tiny but cosy. To me felt as if the staff where overworked as was fairly busy and could only see one girl serving in the evening .

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Geordiebo
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This review is just about the bar. I had a few drinks and a very good meal in the bar. The food was good and there was a good selection of beer. There was a deal were you got the meal and a pint at a very reasonable price. Good atmosphere in the bar, they have large TV screen and I watch a live football game.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Just returned from a long weekend in Dunbar. We were on a visit to see Edinburgh but prefer to stay away from the hustle of the city - and the price of hotels there. Never been to Dunbar before but we loved it - not a lot there but if you like rugged coastline and small harbour towns, we would recommend it. The hotel was a gem, not perfect but really good. Appears to be run by a team of hard-worked young girls - check in, breakfast, bar-tending and the cleaning all seems to be down to them - quite impressed. Huge bed, good view and free parking. Breakfast also good and all for much less than you'd pay in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014

After a tour of Belhaven Brewery we were booked in for lunch here. We were told there would be a set menu & were surprised to find we were given a choice. Soup to start followed by Vegetarian Haggis, Red Pepper & Leek Lattice, Steak Pie or Lasagne. The food was delicious & plates were hot which gets bonus points from our chef! The service was great & when we were finished the man serving (who I think is a co-owner) was happy to speak to us. Everybody was happy & left feeling full. Huge thank you for helping to make our staff party so enjoyable!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The staff were very friendly and attentive from the moment I arrived - which was late, dark and cold!
I was still able to have a delicious choice of food in the bar and was offered a selection of local drinks to try before buying.
Room was clean and homely, and I wish I'd known the selection of toiletries would be so extensive - would have avoided airport security issues!
The full Scottish breakfast is delicious, served in the historic dining room.
Location is excellent for Dunbar and surrounding area. Really close to the station too, if that's what you need.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Choppette2000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunbar
Bayswell Park Hotel
Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux
Ducks Inn
Ducks Inn
#1 of 1 in Aberlady

Been to Royal Mackintosh Hotel? Share your experiences!