“Tree-mazing Holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunbar
Harvest Moon Holidays
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Tree-mazing Holiday”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have just returned from a weekend stay at Harvest Moon. We were greeted as we arrived. You have to wheel barrow your food, luggage etc down from car park to the Treehouse. I was offered help numerous times, staff were very helpful. We had Treehouse no 3. The Treehouse's are finished to a very high standard. I didn't expect them to be so big. I loved the wood burning stove to cook on. I had my fire lighting skills perfected in no time. The beds were very comfortable. There is constant hot water, the shower room was amazing for a treehouse. We even had a Swift nest above our toilet door, which was entertaining watching these busy little birds feeding their young. It was so peaceful, no electricity, good fun using the hand held lamps that were provided, it all added to the children's adventure. The views from the balcony were stunning from dawn till dusk. There were two sheep which roamed freely, they were so funny climbing the stairs of the Treehouse's trying to come up onto the balcony, so keep the gate at the top closed or you will have two friendly visitors. My youngest child loved the animal farm she would even run down in her pyjamas first thing to check the animals were ok, or to see if there were any fresh eggs. My teenagers had a great time. We all came back from this holiday feeling so relaxed and stress free. I will defiantly be visiting again soon.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Diane A

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just back from one of the most stress free peaceful holidays I have had I wasn't sure what to expect when I booked a treehouse for a midweek break but was delighted when I saw it
Beds comfy proper shower and toilet , great wood burning stove. The views were fantastic the kids loved running around we had chickens in a coop outside our treehouse and the kids faces when they checked in the morning for eggs was just lovely a couple friendly sheep roaming about a small pet corner with chickens ducks and rabbits close to a lovely quiet beach woods to walk in Dunbar and North Berwick not far away We will definitely be back I'm trying to think of any down sides to this holiday but can't think of any so if you are needing a quiet stress free break book into a treehouse at Harvest Moon and I don't think you will be disappointed

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cazz309
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have stayed previously in the tents so when the tree houses were built we were excited at the chance to go back.
So in no particular order-
Good- The location, tranquillity, Beach, the animals, nice staff, siting on the deck having a drink with the views...
Needs some minor tweaks- The play area is not as big as the tents so you need to be able to use what's there so get rid of some nettles/thistles as kids will run around with next to no footwear and you can't make them wear wellies all the time, remember more things to play on at tents-large hay bale stack for kids to climb etc., a curtain/blind for little window in door on the bedroom side (now I know what time the sun comes up!)
Bad- Nothing really
We would go back again but my wife wants to go back to the tents because she thinks they have a little bit more room inside and prefers the play areas outside and I would go back to the tree houses because of the views, so a split decision.
Anyway this is a lovely unique place to go to and I am sure that things will develop and evolve as time goes by.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JOCK65
ABERDEENSHIRE
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here in treehouse 5 in July had a great time grand kids loved it but were disappointed there was no chicken feed left to feed the hens we had booked it was replaced the next afternoon
I would say the treehouse needs a good clean the pot we wanted to use was filthy and when we were leaving I checked under the beds for lost socks and the dust was very thick you are told to leave the treehouse as you found it .??
I would go again as the kids loved it but 5star prices should be 5 star attention to detail

Pat

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank paddy04
psocha, Manager at Harvest Moon Holidays, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Hi Pat,

Thanks for the review and we are really glad you and the kids had a good time. With regards to the issue of dust in the cabins we agree with you that is why we have beefed up the cleaning team with an extra person as the existing numbers weren't enough to cope with the tents and treehouses being completely full in the school holidays.

Also the nature of the decking can mean that dust accumulates in between the grooves making it hard to sweep out which is why we have just invested in 2 cordless battery powered vacuum cleaners which have made a huge difference. Thanks for raising the point as we have very high standards when it comes to the cleanliness of the all our tents and treehouses.

With regards to the hen food, we tend to leave plenty down there and we are keen for kids to be able to feed the animals when they want rather than us locking it away and having set feeding times. Its great as kids get more freedom to feed the animals, the problem is that occasionally feed can end up where it shouldn't be, or gets wasted /spilled on the ground. Someone checks the animals every morning and i am sorry that it took until the afternoon for the feed to be replaced.

The treehouses are still relatively new, about 4 months old now and this is our first busy school holiday period so we are still ironing out a few creases in our operations and finding the best way of doing things, so its important that people give us feedback in areas that we need to improve. We are glad you had a good time and would love to have you back next year.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have just returned home from a fabulous mid-week break at Harvest Moon Holidays. It was one of the best holidays we have been on.
We elected to stay at one of the Treehouses at Harvest Moon, partly because we knew that the three young children in our family would love the idea and partly because the website photos made it look so comfortable! We were not disappointed.
The standard of finish and accommodation is very high. The beds were comfortable, kitchen cosy, veranda inviting and views stunning. It was a peaceful break by the beautiful East Lothian coast with the comfort of hot water, a great shower, lovely wood burning stove and a proper toilet.
On the site, there is a well stocked honesty shop, a free range small animal farm for children and two friendly sheep who wonder the grounds.
The Treehouses are situated within a few minutes walk of the sand dunes and a secluded beach, with excellent views of the Bass Rock.
We would definitely return. The Harvest Moon team were so welcoming and were great with the kids, showing them how to feed the rabbits, chickens and ducks. The kids had so much freedom to explore and enjoy the outdoors.
There were a mix of guests from couples, to families with young children, families with older children and extended families.

Room Tip: We had Treehouse 3 which had a great view across the site (so we could keep an eye on the kids at th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SamRore
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The best holiday we have ever had!!! The peace and tranquility was lovely!! A definite plus was my autistic 6yr old being so chilled and my 5yr old and 10yr old loved looking after all the animals!!!
Don't expect to stay clean, my 5yr old lasted all of 5mins before she was covered from head to foot in dirt but they loved the holiday so much that they want to live there!!!
Petra, who manages the site, was extremely helpful and very friendly!!!
I am already looking at booking another holiday at Harvest Moon!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shirley H
North Berwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

What an utterly charming and soulful place. No power, no noise gorgeous views and a glimpse into the simpler lifestyle of my grandparents boiling the kettle on the stove (after lighting it,) eggs in the morning and a cookout in the afternoon. There's something special too about being 6 feet off the ground and not just the stunning views and gorgeous sunsets. The children were spell bound by their animal encounters with chicken and lambs wandering about and loved petting the rabbits down at the glamping tents.

Room Tip: We were in the furthest away treehouse from the main site and it has its own parking and is quite fa...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunbar
Dunmuir Hotel
Fairmont St Andrews
Fairmont St Andrews
#4 of 16 in St Andrews
Carberry Tower Mansion House and Estate

Been to Harvest Moon Holidays? Share your experiences!