“favourite holiday place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunbar
Harvest Moon Holidays
Northumberland, United Kingdom
“favourite holiday place”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Ive stayed at harvest moon safari tents before and have always loved it, this time we stayed at their new treehouses for 7 nights and like I expected this was a fantastic holiday. Even with the ever changing weather this place is amazing, it has it all the beach, countryside and lovely towns. Theres so much to do either around the treehouse or the surrounding area. The treehouse itself was gorgeous with beautiful views, the second bedroom you access through the first so the kids were safe and the door between gave us all privacy. You can't see on the website just how magical this place is, we went with our kids who range from 16-4 years and all of them love it none of us wanted to leave, wish we could just live there in one of the treehouses. The kids have the safety and freedom to play around the treehouses and animals which made it so relaxing for us. I love the fact you are free to make fires have BBQs etc. The staff are lovely, easy going and friendly. I will def be back next year for my hols!!!

1 Thank louise h

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This is the perfect place for a relaxed family holiday.

With a forecast of wind and rain for our first few days, we packed plenty of games and Lego to keep our boys (5 and 7) occupied. We needn't have worried, the boys spent their time exploring the site, playing with the animals and other children and enjoying the swings on our treehouse. We were up until 10pm every night and the Lego box never even got opened :)

The treehouses are a short walk to a wonderful sandy beach. We spent hours on what felt like our own private beach, jumping in the water, sledding down sand dunes and investigating the extensive rock pools.

There is plenty to do in the local area, the East Links Family Park in Dunbar is definitely worth a visit, but we also went on two day trips to Edinburgh. You can get there easily by train from Dunbar or North Berwick.

We live hundreds of miles away from Dunbar but we are already planning our next Harvest Moon treehouse adventure.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Deb0278
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful mid week break in one of the tree houses. We were met on arrival by a very helpful young man who showed us round and told us how to work stove etc. He then helped us transport our luggage in one if the wheelbarrows on the short walk from car park to treehouse as no cars are allowed on site. We weren't expecting a relaxing week with 3 very energetic kids in tow however, we had one of the most relaxing holidays ever! Kids just loved playing with the animals and running around the site. It was a race every morning to who could collect the eggs first! The beach was a 5 minute walk away and provided us entertainment for most of the week. The on site honesty shop was very handy and meant we only left site once to pop to local supermarket 10 mins away. We thought we would miss electricity but apart from a wait in the morning for our first cup of tea and taking a torch to the toilet, we hardly noticed it. (Neither did the kids) Would definitely recommend to friends and would love to return but it would have to be for longer!

1 Thank Anteres81
Yorkshire
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

This was our long awaited summer holiday with the kids in tow. The treehouses are great really well designed and we were welcomed by a staff member who showed us to the treehouse and gave us a quick introduction into the wood burning stove and the lighting etc. I had obviously misunderstood the website as I thought that the treehouses were directly on the beach. In actual fact they aren't and it is about a 5 minute walk to the beach through the woods. Which is hardly a hardship but a trip all the same. The treehouses really do have everything you need and the kitchen is particularly well equipped. The full shower room and toilet is also welcome. With constant hot running water. There is no electricity and for the teenager in my family that was unfortunately a step too far but harvest moon can't be blamed for that!! The area is beautiful and the location so quiet and off the beaten track. The animals are great and our 4 year old loved egg hunting. The honesty shop is very handy if you have forgotten any essentials like milk, matches or wine!!!! There is loads of wood available and the would burner easy to use although waiting 40minutes for my morning cuppa was a little too long! Overall a lovely break away from it all. I do think that towels should be included (you can pay extra to have them) I also think the "tree-keeping" between visitors could be slightly more thorough but otherwise I would recommend.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Jesska92
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have just returned from a weekend stay at Harvest Moon. We were greeted as we arrived. You have to wheel barrow your food, luggage etc down from car park to the Treehouse. I was offered help numerous times, staff were very helpful. We had Treehouse no 3. The Treehouse's are finished to a very high standard. I didn't expect them to be so big. I loved the wood burning stove to cook on. I had my fire lighting skills perfected in no time. The beds were very comfortable. There is constant hot water, the shower room was amazing for a treehouse. We even had a Swift nest above our toilet door, which was entertaining watching these busy little birds feeding their young. It was so peaceful, no electricity, good fun using the hand held lamps that were provided, it all added to the children's adventure. The views from the balcony were stunning from dawn till dusk. There were two sheep which roamed freely, they were so funny climbing the stairs of the Treehouse's trying to come up onto the balcony, so keep the gate at the top closed or you will have two friendly visitors. My youngest child loved the animal farm she would even run down in her pyjamas first thing to check the animals were ok, or to see if there were any fresh eggs. My teenagers had a great time. We all came back from this holiday feeling so relaxed and stress free. I will defiantly be visiting again soon.

1 Thank Diane A
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just back from one of the most stress free peaceful holidays I have had I wasn't sure what to expect when I booked a treehouse for a midweek break but was delighted when I saw it
Beds comfy proper shower and toilet , great wood burning stove. The views were fantastic the kids loved running around we had chickens in a coop outside our treehouse and the kids faces when they checked in the morning for eggs was just lovely a couple friendly sheep roaming about a small pet corner with chickens ducks and rabbits close to a lovely quiet beach woods to walk in Dunbar and North Berwick not far away We will definitely be back I'm trying to think of any down sides to this holiday but can't think of any so if you are needing a quiet stress free break book into a treehouse at Harvest Moon and I don't think you will be disappointed

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cazz309
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have stayed previously in the tents so when the tree houses were built we were excited at the chance to go back.
So in no particular order-
Good- The location, tranquillity, Beach, the animals, nice staff, siting on the deck having a drink with the views...
Needs some minor tweaks- The play area is not as big as the tents so you need to be able to use what's there so get rid of some nettles/thistles as kids will run around with next to no footwear and you can't make them wear wellies all the time, remember more things to play on at tents-large hay bale stack for kids to climb etc., a curtain/blind for little window in door on the bedroom side (now I know what time the sun comes up!)
Bad- Nothing really
We would go back again but my wife wants to go back to the tents because she thinks they have a little bit more room inside and prefers the play areas outside and I would go back to the tree houses because of the views, so a split decision.
Anyway this is a lovely unique place to go to and I am sure that things will develop and evolve as time goes by.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JOCK65
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunbar
Bayswell Park Hotel
Dalhousie Castle
Dalhousie Castle
#1 of 1 in Bonnyrigg
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,320 reviews

Been to Harvest Moon Holidays? Share your experiences!