“Transported in time to wrong time/place” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oakenholt Farm Country Guest House

Oakenholt Farm Country Guest House
Ranked #1 of 2 Flint B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Transported in time to wrong time/place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

A lovely spot, but that's where the niceties end I am afraid. I found the whole experience of staying here, something akin to my boarding school in the 1980's. The landlady is rather fond of keeping her arms crossed and throwing her assertiveness around without so much of a glance at the common sense or courtesy book. We found her to be rather rude and unapproachable and would not recommend people to go there.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank cachersifyoucan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

Myself and my partner stayed at the farm from Christmas eve to boxing day (paid £140 for 2 nights) as we were visiting family in Flint for xmas. I think there was only one other couple then family at the farm so it was very quiet.

The farm is up a long drive so you really get the feeling that you are in the middle of nowhere when realistically there is a dual carriageway that you can see from the farm. The only noise you hear is the horse/sheep/birds.

We stayed in a stable apartment and we were pleasantly surprised. The stable was well equipt and perfect for us! The fridge was stocked with milk and butter and tea/coffee/sugar was all provided- the cupboards had various pans/all cutlery/toaster/iron/hairdryer everything you could need!

The bed is very comfortable big and cosy....had a fab sleep!

The bathroom was a nice size and the shower was lovely and hot :) plenty of towels available and the heating worked well!

Only gripe ( not the owners fault) is due to the wind the fan in the bathroom rattled all night long.

As it was christmas the couple had left a bottle of bucks fizz and a huge tin of shortbread for us which we both thought was a truly lovely touch :o)

Breakfast is served in the main farm (there are rooms in this building too) and was in a lovely charming room with a lovely fire. We could help ourselves to cereals, yogurt and melon and then a hot breakfast arrived which was very well cooked and plenty of toast and various hot drinks...no beans on the brekkie though :o( As we ate breakfast it was idyllic looking out of the window watching a big squirrel hanging upside down eating his breakfast :) and the various other widelife.

The couple were very friendly and we couldn't fault them.

Note: There are a number of pets about the farm but only 1 or 2 dogs that are allowed to wonder around, both are extremely friendly and timid. If you are not a fan of dogs im sure the couple would keep them separate when you were in the farm for breakfast etc. Personally we loved both dogs especially Rex.. the old guy...so cute!

Overall we would definitely return to the Farm and recommend it to all our family when they come to visit the family from the Isle Of Man,Look forward to another stay!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LuciePop
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

this is a good quality farm house bed and breakfast, breakfasts are of a good quality owner very nice and friendly on the downside we had a family room which was a bit on the small side.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BEANORTHEAST
chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

I have stayed at Oakenholt Farm many times and we always get a really good welcome. The owners treat you like one of the family. Lovely farmhouse breakfasts, comfortable beds and right out in the countryside but very easy access to main roads to get to Chester or the coast, if you are travelling to Ireland its a good stop off place. I am going back again soon.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank agaig_partdeux
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

In my work I have to stay in many B&B's or hotels. After a long days work and then travelling to Flint I was exhausted. I usually find it hard to be away from home. I know this room was not different from many others I've stayed at before and so I came with the intention to go to a local pub or restaurant for dinner. I got there, dropped my gear and lay on the bed for awhile to relax. I had packed munchies, sandwich, crisps and the like and finally ate something. So I never went out to a pub and for the first time for a long time I slept like a baby with a full tummy. I don't want to be thought of as a bit crazy but had a real positive feeling which was great.- thanks!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank jessicalittlebear
lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2010

Staying at oakenholt farm is a memory i will treasure forever,i stayed for eight week and i was made to feel so welcome that i felt that i lived there,that is why leaving this morning after eight week i was quite tearfull saying goodbye to jenny. I will certainly be staying there again when i next visit wales. They are such a lovely family i will miss them and also their dog rex who used to come and greet me and walk me to the front door.It is such a beautifull farm house so peacefull and charming.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank angelascholey
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2010

We stayed at Oakenholt Farm on 2nd May 2010 and found it to be a really special place. Jenny, our hostess, picked us up from Flint station and in three minutes we were out in lovely countryside. The house has developed out of a 400 year old longhouse farm, so it reeks of history yet our room was full of modern comforts. We received a wonderfully warm and friendly welcome and Jenny brought us the best roast lamb dinner I have ever tasted. Breakfast was in the same high standard of the experienced and accomplished home cook. Our whole stay was a truly memorable experience.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bullengarook
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Mountain Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pentre Halkyn
Soughton Hall Hotel
Soughton Hall Hotel
#1 of 3 in Northop

Been to Oakenholt Farm Country Guest House? Share your experiences!