“Must be the best B&B in North Wales”

and 1 more site!
Oakenholt Farm Country Guest House
Ranked #1 of 2 Flint B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I have been staying at this charming farm house for the past 4 years, and have found each experience to be as good as the last.
The breakfasts are almost too much to eat and all the rooms are kept to a very high standard.
I very much look forward to my next visit there.

Room Tip: Just ring Jenny and she will give you all the help you need
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 April 2012

I really do not know where to begin.
We stopped off here quite on speck on our way over to the coast of Wales, which we were travelling down over the next two to three weeks.
The countryside here is gorgeous and the B&B looked beautiful nestled off the road in a delightful area. We love walking so this would have been an ideal base for walking, had we not been travelling down to the south of Wales. There were lots of potential walks in the area, both countryside and coastal. We decided on our way down the winding driveway to venture here again, when we could don our walking boots and explore this area of outstanding beauty in more depth. There were lots of quaint little public footpaths criss crossing all over the area, with amazing views, which we would have loved to walk. I'm afraid we soon changed our minds..........
Firstly we were 'greeted', and I use the term loosely, by a stoney faced landlady, who was cold and extremely rude. We were quite shocked to be honest.
Our room, although tiny, would have been actually quite nice as the views were amazing, but it looked like it hadn't had a lick of paint since the 70's.
The breakfast was minimal, which was fortunate as it was terrible!
We were glad to see the back of the place as we left, which was such a shame as the place is beautiful from the outside. We were certainly glad to be away from that awful landlady I can tell you!

• Stayed: March 2012
6  Thank OnVacationUK
Reviewed 2 April 2012

A lovely spot, but that's where the niceties end I am afraid. I found the whole experience of staying here, something akin to my boarding school in the 1980's. The landlady is rather fond of keeping her arms crossed and throwing her assertiveness around without so much of a glance at the common sense or courtesy book. We found her to be rather rude and unapproachable and would not recommend people to go there.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank cachersifyoucan
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Myself and my partner stayed at the farm from Christmas eve to boxing day (paid £140 for 2 nights) as we were visiting family in Flint for xmas. I think there was only one other couple then family at the farm so it was very quiet.

The farm is up a long drive so you really get the feeling that you are in the middle of nowhere when realistically there is a dual carriageway that you can see from the farm. The only noise you hear is the horse/sheep/birds.

We stayed in a stable apartment and we were pleasantly surprised. The stable was well equipt and perfect for us! The fridge was stocked with milk and butter and tea/coffee/sugar was all provided- the cupboards had various pans/all cutlery/toaster/iron/hairdryer everything you could need!

The bed is very comfortable big and cosy....had a fab sleep!

The bathroom was a nice size and the shower was lovely and hot :) plenty of towels available and the heating worked well!

Only gripe ( not the owners fault) is due to the wind the fan in the bathroom rattled all night long.

As it was christmas the couple had left a bottle of bucks fizz and a huge tin of shortbread for us which we both thought was a truly lovely touch :o)

Breakfast is served in the main farm (there are rooms in this building too) and was in a lovely charming room with a lovely fire. We could help ourselves to cereals, yogurt and melon and then a hot breakfast arrived which was very well cooked and plenty of toast and various hot drinks...no beans on the brekkie though :o( As we ate breakfast it was idyllic looking out of the window watching a big squirrel hanging upside down eating his breakfast :) and the various other widelife.

The couple were very friendly and we couldn't fault them.

Note: There are a number of pets about the farm but only 1 or 2 dogs that are allowed to wonder around, both are extremely friendly and timid. If you are not a fan of dogs im sure the couple would keep them separate when you were in the farm for breakfast etc. Personally we loved both dogs especially Rex.. the old guy...so cute!

Overall we would definitely return to the Farm and recommend it to all our family when they come to visit the family from the Isle Of Man,Look forward to another stay!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LuciePop
Reviewed 5 October 2011

this is a good quality farm house bed and breakfast, breakfasts are of a good quality owner very nice and friendly on the downside we had a family room which was a bit on the small side.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BEANORTHEAST
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I have stayed at Oakenholt Farm many times and we always get a really good welcome. The owners treat you like one of the family. Lovely farmhouse breakfasts, comfortable beds and right out in the countryside but very easy access to main roads to get to Chester or the coast, if you are travelling to Ireland its a good stop off place. I am going back again soon.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank agaig_partdeux
Reviewed 17 January 2011

In my work I have to stay in many B&B's or hotels. After a long days work and then travelling to Flint I was exhausted. I usually find it hard to be away from home. I know this room was not different from many others I've stayed at before and so I came with the intention to go to a local pub or restaurant for dinner. I got there, dropped my gear and lay on the bed for awhile to relax. I had packed munchies, sandwich, crisps and the like and finally ate something. So I never went out to a pub and for the first time for a long time I slept like a baby with a full tummy. I don't want to be thought of as a bit crazy but had a real positive feeling which was great.- thanks!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank jessicalittlebear

Been to Oakenholt Farm Country Guest House? Share your experiences!