“A delightful 3 day stay”

and 1 more site!
Oakenholt Farm Country Guest House
Ranked #1 of 2 Flint B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Having read 'mixed' reviews my wife and I were a little uncertain prior to our arrival. We need not have worried. Jenny made us extemely welcome and was a mine of information on the local area and places to visit. Our accommodation was roomy, quiet, very comfortable and in excellent condition. To top it off, breakfasts served in the beautiful old farmhouse are generous and well cooked to your personal preference - they really set you up for the day.

Evidently some folks can be hard to please, but speaking for ourselves this was a delightful visit and one that we look forward to repeating.

Room Tip: We stayed in a top floor appartment of the converted barn which has adequate self-actering facilitie...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank delta97Scotland

Reviewed 27 August 2012

My partner and i stayed here at short notice, where initially they were fully booked, Jenny (apparently the bossy owner) went out of her way to fit us in. My partner, she is very shy indeed, but commented to me that Jenny was pure joy to speak to. Both Jenny and her hubby (he's full of fun by the way) made our stay pleasurable and bent over backwards to make it that way. No kicking out time like other places and they even organized taxis for us. By the way i never write reviews, but after reading some negative ones i wonder if they either stayed in the same place or they themselves had had problems! Will be returning for sure!,,, George.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George E
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Though I had booked a single room I was put into an apartment (converted farm building) on arrival. I would say that the apartment was not 4 star standard. The room was noisy from family living next door. There was no biscuits with the tea/coffee tray which seemed a bit mean for £40 per night. The shower also was in need of updating. I found Mrs Hulme a little bossy and not too welcoming. Breakfast was fine but the owner was a bit put out by the 7.15 am requested time. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Elaine R
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Absolutely beautiful place to stay very idyllic surroundings fab hosts. We stayed in room 2 at the stables which was was like a little bed sit with loads of room very clean and well presented Jenny and Huw should be very proud. We had home cooked breakfast in the house just across the yard which again was delicious.

John and I would highly recommend staying at Oakenholt Farm and booking for next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TinaJohnB
Reviewed 15 June 2012

An idyllic place to stay, extremely welcoming hosts- delicious home-cooked breakfasts. Stayed three nights together with my sister & mother, we were all impressed. Looking forward to returning later in the year. I highly recommend Oakenholt.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed for a long weekend in the Studio Apartments in converted stables. Well equipped (with small kitchen area, large en-suites) and a short walk across to the farm house for an excellent breakfast. We had my elderly mother with us who uses a walking frame and she enjoyed her stay and found the apartment comfortable. The Hulmes are very welcoming, friendly hosts who made us feel at home. Would definitely stay there again. Bottle feeding the lambs one morning after breakfast and meeting the new sheep dog puppy was an added bonus!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I have been staying at this charming farm house for the past 4 years, and have found each experience to be as good as the last.
The breakfasts are almost too much to eat and all the rooms are kept to a very high standard.
I very much look forward to my next visit there.

Room Tip: Just ring Jenny and she will give you all the help you need
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Been to Oakenholt Farm Country Guest House? Share your experiences!