“absolutely fantastic wedding venue 23/12/2011”

Mountain Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flint
bagillt
“absolutely fantastic wedding venue 23/12/2011”
Reviewed 25 December 2011

having heard and read varied opinions about the mountain park hotel, i was a bit apprehensive about what to expect, when my daughter booked for her wedding venue.
i was not dissappointed, from the minute we arrived we were givin a warm welcome, all staff attentive then came the function room, i was lost for words fantastically decorated it was magical, as the day progressed everything was done with precision, the food was lovely, into the evening the service continued, fantastic roast hog definately recommended, in house dj's brilliant.bride and grooms room done lovely, clean well decorated spacious and warm. feedback from other members of the wedding party said they had a very comfortable stay.then came the morning and breakfast ,again didnt dissapoint.
so to sum up excellent venue and location,excellent value for money , all our requests were met with maticulous attention to every little detail. one thing that stood out was just how friendly all the staff were we were made very welcome it felt like one huge family.
i could go on and on.i would like to thank eirwen and all the staff at the hotel for all their hard work and making my daughter and now son in laws wedding so special and magical i will treasure the day forever.

Room Tip: no lift to upper rooms just wrought iron staircase so any one who may struggle with stairs my need t...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Suzanne G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Small dank rooms with late 70s decor. We had to put the tv in bed to see it properly. Couldn't plug kettle in properly. Had to put key into the wall to get electric to work! Very rude reception staff on arrival -more interested in football on tv than checking us in. Female receptionist better when we left,but maybe because we were so glad we only had been there for one night. Use Travelodge-better at any price.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank Gogboy

Travellers are raving about these Flint hotels

Seascale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This is the first comment I have made on Trip Advisor and I'm pleased to say it's a good one. On 10th September 2011 it was my son's wedding and I can't praise Mountain Park enough. The accommodation I was given was clean and newly decorated. All the staff were very freindly and helpful. On the wedding day the care and attention to detail was absolutely brilliant. When I walked into the function room, I just thought "wow! it looks lovely." I would like to thank Earwen, who worked tirelessly thoughout the day...she was an absolute star! The meal and the buffet were faultless. Also, a big thanks to Tommy..you were absolutely right, it was a pleasant surprise and an absolutely wonderful day. Please pass on our thanks to the other members of staff who helped thoughout the day.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank AnneMcD_11
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Stayed for one evening on business and was looking forward to relaxing after a very long day. Im no golfer so cant comment on the course but that at least looked ok.

On the outset I thought it looked ok but not as attractive as the pictures by any means.
I got my key and headed straight for the room to relax before getting an evening meal.

I walked towards my room up a steel staircase that is desperate to be painted! The first thing I noticed was stains on the cloth that hides the small window on the door which was not a god omen.

Ok here comes the rants!! The room smelt strange as it had not been aired out and they are so dark and depressing with old dated decor and furniure, the cups for making a brew had not been washed (could see the lip marks from guest previous), cobwebs visible on wooden beams, carpets knackered, blood stains on the towels that had been rammed on the radiators unfolded, shower head was broken so showering was hard work. The TV was the smallest I have ever seen!! At this point I was considering leaving but I was exhausted and also feeling a little unwell. I decided to suck it up and go for tea and foolishly chose the restaurant. After waiting 10 mins with no service at the bar I found the thai looking restaurant upstairs. The courses however did not reflect thai food but sounded nice so as I was in wales I went for the Lamb Shank which came with SMASH potato and hairy carrots. I am not a fussy eater by any means and can forgive the odd unshaved carrot but this food was just crap! I left this and went to the room to try and sleep on the lumpy mattress. I was visited by a moth the size of a bat which I had to lock in the bathroom!! It had gone in the morning, through the cracks in the loft space!

I went for breakfast expecting the worst and got it. The microwave was working overtime. I had had enough and wanted to leave but had to wait for the chef to come and take payment. 20mins of waiting around and I was at last free to escape this place. I had to drive straight home ill after the experience. Not saying it was related but helped me on the way. Stay in the nearest Premier Inn for less and at least you will get clean towels and a degree of comfort!! I have never ever complained before but this place is just rubbish

Room Tip: All the rooms look dark and horrid
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank familysalesman
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Terrible service, unhappy staff, very basic room (although described as luxurious 3 star accommodation), poor communication, an elusive "Thai" restaurant.

We booked a double room, had to ask for extra pillows, only one cup and saucer left for tea and coffee making, room was not serviced the following day (they couldn't get access because they had given us the wrong set of keys)...the list goes on.

Capped by a "thai" meal that we were looking to share with friends on the Saturday evening, in the new "thai" restaurant. No Thai was available, only the a la carte......we were given 2 versions of a menu, one of which was out of date. When the meals arrived, they weren't as descirbed on the menu. Wrong wine was brought to the table, the dishes did not arrive as described...it was laughable.

Would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sharon H
West Midlands
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Hotel is pleasant, rooms a little basic but represent ok value for money. The staff however are superb, friendly, welocoming and helpful - some of the best staff I have encountered anywhere!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Baggieboy_9
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2010

I stayed at the hotel for a month and could not say a bad word about it. The rooms are big, there clean and the area is peaceful at night when you want to sleep.

The restaurant is great and has a wide selection of dishes. From breakfast to dinner, I was always served with a smile!

All the staff in the hotel are fantastic. They are warm, welcoming and accomodating. The bar in the hotel is only recently renovated and looks great. A nice place to relax and chat over a few drinks!

Travelling on my own, I was unsure how it would go but I couldn't have asked for a collection of more friendly people to greet me! Thanks for everything!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
#1 of 1 in Pentre Halkyn
Beaufort Park Hotel
Northop Hall Country House Hotel
Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)
Travelodge Halkyn
Travelodge Halkyn
#1 of 1 in Halkyn
Travelodge Chester Northop Hall

Been to Mountain Park Hotel? Share your experiences!