“Anne”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flint
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Anne”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I can honestly say I have never written a review about a hotel before I stayed here because their website said they had a golf course, quiet location, and good food. My experience was a wedding with music that went on until 12am , couples laughing and shouting in the room next to mine until gone 3am ( the walls are not sound proof )and worst of all a man banging on my door at 3am. (Drunk). I was told there was no pro shop ( they clearly state they have on on their website). They haven't had one for over a year. I went for dinner - the menu was written on a piece of photocopy paper with scribbles on. I waited 30mins for the gentleman to come back from the wedding reception nobody turned up. so I gave up and had to find a supermarket for supplies, ( the staff seemed to be running around like headless chickens) I had booked for two days but I left the following morning only to find out that none of the staff from the previous evening had turned up, and therefore I presume breakfast was out of the question. Not that I would have eaten there. I was staying in that hotel on my own while working in north wales. I had to ring the main line at 11.30 to ask when the music was stopping. ( no one answered the internal lines). Ladies if your travelling on your own and need to stay in north wales avoid this one at all cost.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Anne W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We attended a family wedding in April. The venue was fabulous - it was the ideal size for a small family wedding but still with plenty of room for more evening guests. The meal was really good - the food was hot (served on hot plates too) everyone was served quickly and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.

The room we had was fine, lovely and clean, the choice at breakfast was great - if you didn't want a full English (or should that be full Welsh) the option to have just a bacon sandwich or toastie was a nice touch. The hotel staff couldn't have done anything more to make sure the day went well and even provided a golf buggy - suitably decorated of course - for the bride and groom so they could have some unusually scenic photos taken.

1 Thank Lynda L
Darlington, County Durham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Booked an overnight stay here on way from North East to Holyhead for ferry. Booking said check in was up until midnight. We were running late so just out of courtesy at 9pm when we stopped at services we rang hotel to say we wouldn't be there until about 11pm. We arrived dead on the dot at 11 only to find everywhere in darkness, we walked around but couldn't see any sign of a reception open then 2 other guests appeared from their room, we asked them and they said they arrived half hour earlier they were given their key and told by receptionist he was in a hurry to get away, this was at 10.30pm. The receptionist even asked them if they were us so we were expected. We were mortified to say the least, it wasn't as if we could sleep in the car as we were on a motorbike. The only thing to do was to get back on bike and carry on to Holyhead as it was highly unlikely we would find anywhere else that late at night. So tired and wet that is what we had to do, not a good start to our holiday. Far from impressed with this hotel and would discourage anyone from booking here

Room Tip: Can't comment on anything else as we didn't even get a welcome!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BJT59

Travellers are raving about these Flint hotels

north wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband, son and I had a family room after attending a family wake at the venue and we were more than satisfied. When we booked in reception the man in charge called Graham was more than helpful and we were very pleased with our 3 bedded room as our son is an adult!!!Beds were clean very comfortable and the bathroom was new and well kitted, towels a bit old and hard but everything else fine. Television was working and the shower excellent.Bedlinen excellent and decor good.
The food served in the wake was sandwiches sausage rolls quiches etc and the fillings in the sandwiches were superb and tasty.gateaux etc and coffees completed a very nice meal. Graham was certainly making sure the food was plentiful and considering they did know how many people would attend it was well organized by the staff. The evening meal we chose to eat when many had left was adequate and the bar staff friendly.
Breakfast was also very good and once again Graham was on duy making us feel right at home and serving an excellent breakfast, The whole stay was worth the money £74 for 3 people for bed and breakfast I think is an excellent price. There is a golf course attached to the hotel and it looks really quite interesting. Sitting on the patio over looking the course was really lovely watching the sun go down Thank you Mountain Park hotel especially to Graham.

Room Tip: We had room 11 lovely and clean and we could park close to the room.
1 Thank jessiefellows
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped for one night whilst passing through Flint before visiting the not too far away Chester Zoo. We stayed in a family room which was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The shower was amazing. Upon arrival we were checked-in by a very helpful and polite member of staff who gave us spare linen and made up the extra bed. The bar was very reasonably priced. As the bar was quiet the kind member of staff put on a tv programme at my request. The cooked breakfast was very good and filling. I wouldn't hesitate to book in here again as the staff were very pleasant and helpful plus I wouldn't mind having a round on their golf course.

To surmise, Mountain Park Hotel is a very well run establishment with great staff and great chatacter.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jed R
Leven, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed at this for one night for a friends party, venue very nice, staff friendly. Had to hang about to check in as there was no one at reception, the receptionist was covering the bar as well. Very pleasant man, who apologised for keeping me waiting.
The room was a bit dreary, flaking paint on the ceiling but the bedding was clean and fresh. The bathroom was also clean and well stocked with towels.........but no hand soap, only a little shower gel which I had to use for hand washing.
My main concern was that there was no curtain or blind at the bathroom window, I could clearly make out the cars parked outside and see the golfers in the car park chatting. Thankfully it was day light but if I'd had to put the lights on I'm sure they would have seen more than I'd like them to. When I asked about this at reception when checking out the receptionist said "the windows are frosted", not good enough I'd say. Breakfast was ok, as I didn't want a cooked breakfast I ordered toast, white, got brown. The tables in the dining room were so close together and had the oddest legs, which meant I almost had to climb into my chair as there wasn't an inch between my chair and the one behind me. Strange decor in the dining room, very far eastern which didn't fit in with the barn conversion style of the place. I'm afraid I wouldn't stay here again, needs a good makeover and definitely not worth the price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Having attended a Family wedding at Mountain Park, i left unimpressed,the room family members had the bed/bedding and room, looked clean but in the Bathroom the toilet seat was unfixed the tiles when wet became slippy.
The vows were nice to watch,it then took 3 1/2 hours to get the room changed for the sit down meal,which was dark /muddy green leek and potato soup served with cooked frozen bread rolls.
Next came 2 pieces of chicken wrapped in tasteless bacon covered in a brown sauce with 2 pieces of mushroom in it tasting of satay,under cooked green beans with salsa sauce over them,pulverized carrots so i was told tasteless, then a pan fried potato 4in x 2 is oblong undercooked raw in the middle.
The sweet was cheesecake ,the base was soggy the cheese stuck to the roof of the mouth ,the strawberry sauce tasted like the ice cream sauce.,the champagne was sour.
The whole meal lacked taste and flavors.
The tea and coffee were hot.
I noticed other people pushing the food around their plates

The staff worked hard but lacked leadership everything took so long
whilst waiting with a drink in the bar the TV is not in focus
Knowing how much had been spent well need i say more a complete failure.

If you are looking for a wedding venue go else where please.
A lot of improvements need to be made,and stop playing at running a Hotel.

Room Tip: rooms by the car park are quieter
1 Thank ban12450
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Beaufort Park Hotel
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
#1 of 1 in Pentre Halkyn
Northop Hall Country House Hotel
Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)
Soughton Hall Hotel
Soughton Hall Hotel
#1 of 3 in Northop
Ruthin Castle Hotel

Been to Mountain Park Hotel? Share your experiences!