Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$77
US$73
Northop Hall Country House Hotel(Northop Hall)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$69
US$67
US$66
US$78
    Travelocity
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewsfunction roommountain parkfantastic nightnext morninglots of parkingslept like a logfamily weddinghotel barmobility issuesspecial thankscarbonaradance floorgreat mealcomfortable roomstea and coffee making facilitiesan overnight stayfish and chips
    Reviewed 16 August 2017

We stayed 2 nights to attend a wedding in local area. The first room we were allocated the main light did not work and there was no telephone (in any room) and no signal on Mobile -Three & Vodaphone networks. So they moved us to Room 3, side lights x 2 not working, toilet seat broken, shower only 1 side working. Bathroom door did not shut. Carpet stained in 3 places. Maids did not make up beds or clean room. Went for breakfast, only 1 staff member who looked like the gardener, not clean! Ignored us then put a menu down. I asked for scrambled egg English breakfast, partner asked for vegetarian breakfast,. We were not asked about drinks. A plate of just (burnt) scrambled egg & nothing else was served and a grease ridden type of veggie breakfast, so disgusting we did not touch it, but left and went to MacDonald's! In the next room to us the poor Groom who was getting married that day could not get out of room as the door lock was faulty! Whole hotel needs a complete makeover.

Room Tip: Don't bother
    • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
    1  Thank EssexChakra
    Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I didn't have the best stay here, and decided not to write a negative review - instead I wrote an email to the manager to resolve the situation. As I haven't had a reply (not good enough at all I'm afraid) I'll post the message I sent via email here:

To the manager,

I'm writing to give you some feedback on our one night stay with you on Saturday the 1st of July. Firstly, we were happy with the standard of the rooms and the staff were generally polite. We had a lovely breakfast on Sunday morning, we really enjoyed it!
    Unfortunately, we did encounter some issues during our stay. I have refrained from writing anything on Trip Advisor, as I believe it is best to try and resolve this directly with you.

We stayed in rooms 3,4,6 and 7. Room 3 was a problem as neither the TV or shower worked. We let members of staff know about this, but nothing was done. We have a 1 year old daughter and had stated so in the booking yet there was no cot in the room on arrival (room 6). We alerted a member of staff (a young gentleman) who told us that the only one they had was in use in room 9, however he would contact the boss to see if there was anything that could be done. He later said that he had located a cot, and asked if we needed any bedding. I replied no, and he said he would sort it and have it taken to our room. We went out to a birthday party at the Mold golf club, and when we returned with a fast asleep baby (around 10:30pm) there was no cot to be seen. It was too late to complain at this stage, as she was fast asleep and had to make do with sleeping in the double bed with me. This of course lead to a very uncomfortable and restless nights sleep! We also noticed an issue with the sink immediately, where it was leaking all over the floor. I told the same young man that dealt with our cot query, and he assured me the handy man would be in later on and he would ask him to come and resolve it. This didn't materialise either. When we arrived for breakfast on the Sunday we thought we would be expected as we had booked breakfast with a member of staff on the Saturday. It was clear that this information hadn't been passed on. There seems to be a lack of communication here. When I left and handed over the key, I didn't really get a warm greeting. A simple 'thanks and hope you enjoyed your stay' would have gone a long way.

Please don't think we are the kind of people that make complaints when they visit any hotel, as I stated the hotel was great in some ways for what we were looking for. However, I feel that there were too many things that went wrong for us not to mention them. Our hope is that this information is used in order to improve things - and perhaps it was just an off night as we are aware that you had a large party there. We have family and friends in the Mold area that we will all be visiting regularly now, and if this situation is resolved it would be fantastic if we were able to use your hotel again. It's in such a nice setting, and we thought the rooms were very comfortable and great for the price!

As previously stated, it's not our style to post a bad review anywhere without having contacted you first. We didn't want to speak to you in person about the situation on Sunday morning as we hadn't slept and needed to leave early for our long journey back to South Wales!

We hope to hear back from you very soon with a resolution,
    Kind Regards
    Mr Stephens and family

Stayed: June 2017
    1  Thank CJS1984
    Reviewed 17 July 2017

This place is brilliant. The rooms are immaculate, we have been twice 7 had different rooms, the both were outstanding and very clean. The staff were really top, nothing too much trouble. Views & location spot on. Not a bad word to say about this place, run well and would def go back several times when anywhere near.

Room Tip: Can't as all the rooms we have had so far have been excellent
    • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
    Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Attended a family wedding reception, location very nice backing on to golf course makes for lovely photos. Room very comfortable and clean. Wedding breakfast food and evening buffet we're both excellent as was the breakfast the following morning

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
    Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Room was exceptionally hot with multiple things damaged in en suite bathroom. Or just not there. No shower screen or shower head holder. Cracked floor tiles no shelf but brackets there no toilet roll holder. Breakfast was average but not filling.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple