“watch your car”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flint
north wales
“watch your car”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2010

when staying here be carefull not to leave your vehicle close to the golf course my car window was smashed and mangement were not interested in replacing it

Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank annoyedNorthWales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2009

What a pleasant stay we had at this hotel, thanks to Malcolm and staff. My elderly parents stayed for two nights during June and we stayed for one night. We had a lovely breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble. The owner of the hotel also chatted with us at breakfast. It was a nice relaxed stay. My parents stayed a further night and Malcolm went out of his way to ensure that everything was just perfect for them for breakfast. They enjoyed their stay very much. Many thanks Malcolm!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Kent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2009

Myself and my partner stayed for one night at the beginning of May and were extremely happy to have found the place online. We found the all staff welcoming and helpful, especially Malcolm. He was friendly, good company and kindly lent my partner his golf clubs etc. The course was lovely and as it was early evening, we could just walk around with great views of the surrounding countryside.
The room was excellent value (£40) spacious and clean. Parking and free WIFI was available. We would definitely recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
cheshire, uk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2008

We stayed for one night, as it was near where we going. It looked nice from the outside however room smelt of a mix of damp and smoke. The Lights flickered continuously. The bath and shower were covered in soemone else's hair.
I have not problem with old dated hotels but a massive one with dirty smelly hotels.
Breakfast was buffet and had been out for what appeared hours, was all dried up.
They tried to charge us £85 for a double we complained our way down to £50 but that was still far too much.
I would certainly not advise anyone to stay here

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank sb52pkn

Travellers are raving about these Flint hotels

Swansea
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2007

I have stayed here many times as my employer books me in every time I work in the area. Each time I encounter problems which, despite my verbally complaining & putting my concerns in writing to the owner, nothing gets done. For example, fittings missing in rooms. dirty clothes left in a room by previous occupier, no chef to cook breakfast. Also the rooms are poorly lit, which makes working in the room so difficult that I take a table lamp with me.

• Liked — close to main road & work
  • Disliked — poorly lit , not always cleaned, staff don't respond to complaints
  • Stayed September 2003, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank paul0453
Bristol, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2006

My wife, 8 year old son and I stayed here for two nights at the end of March while we were in North Wales for a family funeral. Normally we would stay with family but the numbers arriving for the Service meant we had to find a hotel. It was a choice between this hotel and the nearby Travelodge due to budgets.
The room was fine with a double and a single bed. The bathroom was big with a decent size tub and shower. What let the experience down was the noise from people using the hotel bar and function facilities. On the first night a fight broke out in the car park and on the second night a drunk guest hammered on her room door for what seemed like hours until the hotel night staff let her in. We were tired and needed sleep during a stressful enough weekend to want to avoid this sort of thing.
The location is fine, easy to find etc. The views can be spectacular and I am sure that if they had rooms away from the bar area we might feel differently. However, they didn't.

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank Winiwanderer
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2006

Nasty, we found it to be dirty especially in areas one would expect to be immaculately clean, kitchen etc.

• Stayed January 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Beaufort Park Hotel
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
#1 of 1 in Pentre Halkyn
Northop Hall Country House Hotel
Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)
Soughton Hall Hotel
Soughton Hall Hotel
#1 of 3 in Northop
Ruthin Castle Hotel

Been to Mountain Park Hotel? Share your experiences!