Somerton Lodge Hotel
Roseglen Hotel(Shanklin)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsisle of wightstayed for one nightbreakfast was excellentshower cubicledouble roomrecommend this hoteldining roompublic areasbed was comfortableoff road parkingfull englishgood sizethe ground floorshort walkmy mumnothing is too much troubleevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stayed here in February to help my Mum find a house to buy in the Isle of Wight, she had not been to this area before and Shanklin is a nice town, I am sure its busy in the summer but in February it was nice and quiet.

The hotel was easy to find and had car parking, we were met by the owner and shown to our rooms, everything you could want was there, an en-suite shower, Tea & Coffee making, plenty of hanging and storage space plus it all looked clean. My room was at the side of the property and apart from some noise from a family in the next room (noisy Kids!) it was quiet.

Breakfast was excellent and for the price, you could not fault it. Special mention to the owner who whilst keeping busy running the place always stopped for a friendly chat.

Next time I will stay there without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2011

I stayed here Mon - Fri for eight weeks in March - April while working on the island. Reading some of the other reviews it makes me wonder what people want for their money! I always found the owners/staff friendly and helpful. The rooms and hotel areas are kept very clean, there is free wi-fi and a small bar/tv room where you can relax with a reasonably priced drink. In short if you are on a budget look no further.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Had not read the reviews before booking, but photos of rooms do not match what you get. The paintwork was awful especially around dado rail, and carpet in the bathroom which wasn't very hygienic. The beds were terrible, could feel all the springs, which made a noise whenever you moved and I was left with a backache each morning after not sleeping very well.
The portable television in the room was dated and only had the main four channels on it.
The breakfast list was extensive, however, you were only offered one small galss of juice and could not help yourself to cereal instead you chose what you wanted and was then given some in a bowl. This is not very appropriate for myself who likes a large bowl of cereal and my companion who only likes a very small amount of cereal. The cooked breakfast was also quite greasy.
It was in a good position within walking distance to Shanklin town but i could not recommend this hotel if you want a comfortable nights sleep!!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 14 February 2011

This is a first class value hotel with a very friendly staff. It is a three star hotel but we were made very welcome. The only downside were pipes rattling in the night (for Room 15), which woke me up. Otherwise, if you are looking for a budget class, clean hotel with good size beds, you couldn't fault it. As other reviewers have commented, a first class breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2010

We were greeted by a very friendly member of staff who gave us a quick tour to show us our room and where the main facilities were - a nice personal touch!

The rooms were clean and comfortable but in need of a bit of an update with the decor, the bathroom in particular needed a bit of a refurb. But it served it's purpose very well, the bed was comfy and we had a kettle with tea/coffee and a TV in our room. Very good night's sleep had by all!

The breakfast (inc.) was served betwen 8.15-9.15am in the hotel's dining room. Choice of cereals to start followed by a cooked breakfast/croissants and tea/coffee to finish. Very nice food, a great start to the day!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple