We stayed mon-fri over the easter holidays and had a fab time. We had a gold lodge, they are massive and have dishwasher and washing machine which are a bonus with 3 kids. You can also park your car very close to the lodge. If you stay in a caravan you have to park in the main car park so not ideal if you have a million bags, so I would definately pay the extra for a lodge if we go again. I liked the fact that it was a small site so didn't have to walk miles to get to the swimming pool and club house. Also felt very safe. The childrens entertainers work really hard and my younger 2 loved the evening entertainment. Even though it was the kids holiday we could still get a table every night, even if we didn't get there til 8pm. There is a small amusement room with the usual games. Food was reasonably priced and tasted fine, even though it was obviously microwaved or fried. Few outside play areas which were good. The swimming pool was warm and had a slide and a section which was shallower for the little ones. The changing rooms however were the worst I had ever seen, tiny and only one bench, so if more than 2 people were in the changing room you didn't have anywhere to get changed! I would definately recommend putting your swimming costume on in your caravan. As for getting out with young children, I got out first and left my husband in the pool with the kids then got them changed by the side of the pool as there was many seats around the edge. Reception staff are really helpful. The Isle of wight is a brilliant place to take kids on holiday and would definately return. If you shop in tesco save up your tesco vouchers as there are lots of day trips you can use them on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landguard Holiday Park has a lovely friendly atmosphere, set in sheltered woodland, just a short walk from the traditional seaside town of Shanklin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Landguard Holiday Park - Park Hotel Shanklin
- Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts Shanklin, Isle Of Wight