Landguard is an excellent park. We stayed in the 3-bed Gold Plus Lodge and found it very spacious and furnished to a good standard. All the beds were made up on arrival and it was very well cleaned. It also benefits from being in a secluded location on the park which was lovely.
The entertainment on site was very good. Although the venue is small, they put in a huge effort and we enjoyed our evenings there. We did alternate with Lower Hyde which was a short walk through the campsite away.
The swimming pool was great. My little girl loved the slide! And the pool was large and deep enough for us all. We didn’t use the outside pool although it always looked clean. The attendance of more than one lifeguard at the pools was very reassuring. The play park on site is small but well kept.
The onsite shop had everything we needed and we were always greeted by a cheerful face (Mikey). We used the reception only a handful of times during our stay but everyone was very helpful. Special mention to Vanessa who helped us book a ferry at quite short notice.
All in all, a lovely stay and when we come back to the Isle of Wight, we will certainly be booking here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landguard Holiday Park has a lovely friendly atmosphere, set in sheltered woodland, just a short walk from the traditional seaside town of Shanklin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Landguard Holiday Park - Park Hotel Shanklin
- Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts Shanklin, Isle Of Wight