“Not very good”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shanklin
Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Not very good”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a very small complex, smaller than we anticipated. The entertainment was very poor, the pool was closed alot of the time. We had to que for about 45 minutes to get the key for the caravan. I was pestered a few times before we arrived to upgrade, which i did. My brother and his family declined the upgrade and ended up in a better caravan than myself. It is a 20 minute walk to the sister site, we thought it would be better site, the club was much bigger but by 10pm it was empty. The indoor pool was like a big jaccuzi , not a pool, kids were disappointed.
The weather was pretty bad for the whole week, lots of rain. We had been to the island many years ago and excited about the return, we will not be returning ever again.

Room Tip: The walk to and from the car park was so wet and muddy. Very bad on arrival and departure day as we...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NickyT43
Park R, General Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your views on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that this holiday did not fulfil your expectations, Landguard is a small leisurely park and I am sorry if you were not made aware of this whilst making your booking. I am very surprised to hear that you had to wait for a long time to check in, this is not a problem we have encountered before.

Our caravans do come in different makes and models so I am sorry if you were not happy with your upgrade. An upgrade to Silver accommodation would guarantee you a newer model, an earlier check-in time, multi-room heating and a guarantee that there had never been a pet inside.

I am disappointed that you had a rainy week and that you feel that you would not return to the Island, although I do hope you would consider Park Resorts for any future holidays on the mainland.

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Chesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The site and caravan were spotlessly clean, staff was very friendly and helpful, we was disapointed in the size of the bedrooms and the quilts only just covered, normaly we have a bronze caravan but opted for a silver for a bit more space and comfortthe mattress was still very lumpy and the bedrooms were cold, thought we was in a bronze by mistake,as silver has heating in all rooms, but we couldnt find it, only there for a week,so just cuddled up closer to keep warm under the just about cover duvet next time we will get the heating sorted first and take our own duvet !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gayredr
Thank you for your review. I am so pleased that your accommodation was spotlessly clean and that you found all our staff to be friendly and approachable.

I do hope you choose to stay with us again but please feel free to report any issues, however minor, to our reception team who are always willing to help. They would have informed you that there were blow heaters in the bedrooms located at the bottom of the wardrobes and also we would have provided you with a new mattress as you found the existing one uncomfortable.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent holiday park tidy and very clean vans, teamstars excellent, especially teamstar Buttons who made us feel very welcome she was fab teamstar, great, would definitely consider coming back loved it had a fab time

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linda T
Thank you for this great review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and found both the park and your accommodation to be clean and tidy. Our Teamstars really do work hard to provide entertainment for all the family and I shall pass your kind comments on to Buttons, who will be thrilled to receive such positive feedback.

Thank you again and I do hope that we see you again in the not too distant future.

Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Having stayed at Landguard for the past 2 years, we were incredibly shocked at the drop in customer service and standard of the caravans this year.

We were sited in a caravan where part of the shower was cracked and held together with duck tape, which was coming away at the edges and brown underneath (with the water leaking through and some of the brown going into the shower tray.
The mattress on the sofa bed was encrusted with rust and some other stains.
The caravan was right next to a main path to the entertainment block and lower car park, making it incredibly noisy - the entertainment could be heard in our caravan and there people walking past the caravan all night (even at 3am) which made it near impossible to sleep.

When we approached reception the next morning their solution was not to touch the duck tape in the shower, we pointed out that we couldn't shower in it due to whatever the brown was coming out from the gaps in the tape.
We were advised that there no other caravans available to move us to, when we explained that we were not happy staying in that caravan a new one was magically found.

Upon returning the keys to our original caravan we were accusingly told we had requested to stay in that caravan (we had been asked when rebooking last year if we would like to stay in that row again).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fopmhx
Park R, General Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I apologise that you had issues with your first caravan and I do hope this will not prevent you from enjoying any future holidays with Park Resorts.

Martock, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We returned to landguard for a weeks holiday after enjoying it so much last year.

We stayed in the Platinum 2 bed lodge which was amazing, the lodge was such a high spec, and in a lovely quiet location. There were a couple of tiny issues with the lodge, cracked tile in main bathroom and a broken tray in the fridge (which was fixed immediately by the maintenance team.

The only problem we had was we struggled to park in the spaces directly outside, we felt that paying for the platinum we should've been able to park right outside in the designated spaces, unfortunately they aren't marked and therefore we rarely managed to park there, however we did park on the other side of the lodge, just a nightmare when packing the car whilst trying to watch our baby. I do think maybe the 3 spaces outside the platinum lodges could be reserved for those lodges.

The site was very clean and we saw maintenance people working everyday. Improvements have been made since last year, mainly the crazy golf which although we didn't play looked good. It is a shame the entertainment staff changed each night, we built up a good repour with last years staff, but this year it was more difficult as each night was different.

One of my favourite things about the park is the security always open the door for you when entering and exiting the club. This is a really nice touch :)

Overall, another brilliant holiday thank you

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rachel W
Thank you for writing your review. I am so pleased that you were happy with the Platinum lodge you stayed in, they really are a home from home and I am glad that the minor issue with the fridge was attended to quickly once reported.
The lodges have their own car park but the spaces are not designated to any particular lodge so I am sorry if you experienced difficulty whilst preparing to leave.

I am glad that you found the park to be well maintained and noticed the improvements we have made over the winter period. Crazy golf is new this year and is proving to be extremely popular.

Thank you for giving a kind mention to our security team, I shall pass on your comments as all of our team appreciate positive feedback.

Thank you once again and I do hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We booked this through the Sun and my expectations weren't high! However, it was brilliant. The staff were really friendly & organised. We upgraded to platinum: the caravan was spotless & much bigger than I'd imagined - we even managed to fit the travel cot in with us too! Lovely shower & en suite. Good for young children - felt very safe. Was great value for money.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Delipot
Park R, General Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for writing this wonderful review. I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and that you had such a fabulous time with us. I am so pleased that you were more than happy with your accommodation and found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

I am delighted that you found us to be great value for money, and hopefully we will see you again in the not too distant future.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely time. Great clean new caravans. Friendly staff. Great for kids. Just a pity cleaner at end of our stay 'couldn't find' electric toothbrush left on shelf in bathroom! DOUBLE CHECK, DON'T LEAVE ANYTHING!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ali k
Thank you for writing your review. I am pleased that you had a lovely stay with us here at Landguard, were happy with your accommodation and found all of our staff to be friendly.

Unfortunately our staff are not responsible for any items left behind by our guests. We do have a lost property box and endeavour to reunite items with their owners, so I am sorry that our cleaners were unable to find your toothbrush.

Thank you once again for this review and I do hope you choose to holiday with Park Resorts again in the future.

01983 863 100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
The Royal Hotel
#2 of 52 in Shanklin
Eastmount Hall Hotel
Eastmount Hall Hotel
#12 of 52 in Shanklin
Premier Inn Isle of Wight Sandown (Merrie Gardens)

Been to Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!