Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts
US$46
  • Restaurant
US$207
US$192
The Channel View Hotel(Shanklin)
US$147
US$143
US$126
Travelocity
All reviewspark resortslower hydeisle of wightentertainment staffsun holidayentertainment complexchildren's entertainmentsister siteswimming poolon arrivalevening entertainmentmain bedroomfamily holidaycentral heatinglovely sitewashing machinefantastic holiday
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had a lovely week at Languard and can't fault the Park, especially good for young children (3 and 2yrs) as the park's facilities (playground, pool, entertainment etc) was all close by and within easy reach. The park feels small, but in a good way, especially for small children and ease of getting to everything. It had everything we needed; Shop, Playground, Crazy Golf, Indoor Pool/Outdoor Pool and walking distance to Shanklin Town and Beach (about a 20 minute walk).

The caravan (Silver plus) was spacious, clean and well equipped, heating was a bonus and shower was fab, very powerful.

Young children can't use the slide in the pool so they could make it better by creating a toddler splash section but otherwise, pool area was great, small but again, good for little children and it was relatively quiet in the park. The outdoor pool was well kept and inviting and the baby pool was a lovely temp).

Pool staff and entertainment staff were very friendly and engaging. I liked the early start of the kids entertainment and that it felt very personal and tailored to the right age group.

We would definitely go back again and had a brilliant time.

The Isle of Wight has so much to offer, beautiful beaches, stunning views and so much to do.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for writing your review. I am delighted that you had such a lovely week staying with us, Landguard really is ideal for young families and I am glad that we had everything you wanted for a great stay.

I am happy that you were satisfied with your accommodation and that you found all of our staff to be friendly and helpful. The Isle of Wight really does have a lot to offer and I do hope you choose to stay with us again to explore it even further.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

once again we decided on going back to landguard as our boys enjoy the isle of wight,despite a change in how the entertainment was run in having both parks teamstars interchanging it was pretty good..laura was full of beans as usual and very good(we knew her from previous year),all the others were pretty good also..park has certainly tried to improve inside and out,staff in the office as helpful as always,food was ok so all in all cant complain see in October,my 1 disappointment was where my son took a heavy tumble last ocober when we went it was still not sorted properly and still had a raised area,i think the whole pathway from walking throught would benefit from being a proper concreted pathway

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for writing this review.
I am delighted that you chose to return to Landguard and noticed the improvements we have made during the Winter months. We have made changes to our entertainment team this year meaning the team stars rotate between here and our sister park Lower Hyde and I shall pass your kind comments onto Laura and the rest of the team.
I am sorry to hear your son took a tumble last year, if you call the park direct and let us know where he fell then we can look into having the problem area corrected.
Thank you once again for this review and I do hope we see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were very disappointed with this site. Staff most unhelpful, not able to park next to accommodation to unload & after a 6 hour journey with a baby & a toddler making the 6 or so journeys to & from the car to unload was not what my husband wanted. The grass around the accommodation was very long & unkempt. The pool was very disappointing, the changing facilities even worse. Communal changing and no family changing, not what you want when you have two children. The only facility to put your swim bag and change a baby was a 5ft bench tucked in the corner which you have to wait for and with a screaming, cold and tired 6 month old this isn't ideal for anyone! Wouldn't have minded if I had been made aware of the parking and swimming etc beforehand but there is NO mention of this on the website. When we spoke to the staff about the issues the attitude was very much one of 'what do you expect me to do about it' and then to be told that this site is more popular for older people, perhaps this should be advertised accordingly so that families do not book here. Unfortunately we feel this was a very expensive holiday for which we only used the accommodation as a base as we went out every day due to the facilities being so poor. Would definitely NOT recommend this for people with young children.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle H

Thank you for sharing your views on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations. Landguard is only a small park and due to health and safety reasons cars have to stay in the car parks, although this does mean that children can run around freely. We do have trollies to help our guests with their luggage and it clearly states on our website that cars are unable to be parked next to the caravans.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the swimming pool facilities and found our staff to be unhelpful - this is not a comment we get very often.

Landguard is very popular with families, who enjoy both swimming pools, the play area and the crazy golf, and our team stars make a great effort to include all children in the fun and games.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Once again after staying at Landguard I cannot fault a single thing about it. There is such a great team who work there and nothing is to much trouble. Starting at the top the GM Mark King is such an enthusiastic man who has so many great ideas and works tirelessly to make sure everyone has a great time. Sam and the team in reception make sure that check in is quick and informative. Gayle and her team in the bar and restaurant provide a high standard of service. The entertainment staff really are fantastic, Flash , Buttons, Paige, Ty , Ging, Sarah, Harriett, Lauren, are all great entertainers and provide excellent entertainment for all the family. In the swimming pools Lewis and the other lifeguards provide a safe environment for people to enjoy the leisure facilities. The security team Of Paul, Rob, Leanne, and the rest of the team make sure everyone is kept safe. Overall Landguard is a great place for a family holiday. I have been 12 times in the last 6 Years and the improvements are visible year on year

Room Tip: If available I would recommend one of the 23 lodges they have on site
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Malcolm333

Thank you for writing such a fantastic review of you stay!
I am delighted that you enjoyed your twelfth holiday with us so much and thank you for mentioning so many of our team by name, it really is appreciated to receive such positive feedback.
Thank you so much once again and we all look forward to seeing you again on your thirteenth visit to Landguard.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were moved to landguard from nodes point as there was a "problem" with our booking! The caravan was very dirty I had to clean it myself from top to bottom it also had clearly not been hoovered the heater in the pool was broken and freezing with out it so my young children were not able to use it! The entertainment was very poor and we left a day early because it was so poor!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank SarahRJ1

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your views on Trip Advisor,
I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations, I do not know why your booking was moved from Nodes Point so I am unable to comment on that.
I do wish that you had reported the cleanliness issues immediately rather than waiting until you had cleaned it yourself. When you told reception that you wanted to borrow a hoover, we immediately sent one of our accommodation team round to re-hoover, they would have also re-cleaned it for you.
We did, unfortunately, have problems with the pump in the swimming pool so for this I can only sincerely apologise.
Our Team Stars do work very hard to keep all age groups entertained with a variety of shows and cabaret acts so I am sorry if these were not to your taste.