All reviewslower hydeisle of wightsun holidayentertainment staffsister siteentertainment complexchildren's entertainmentswimming poolon arrivalevening entertainmentgreat holidaycentral heatingfamily holidaymain bedroomlovely sitewashing machineonsite shop
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at languard for 4 nights on a Sun holiday, my wife and I along with our son Seth had a brilliant time. The caravan was very clean and tidy which was a relief as we had read some bad reviews, the whole site was very good overall concidering it's a small site. The staff were all excellent especially Sarah and the other girls who entertained the children every day. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2014
Park R, General Manager at Parkdean Resorts - Landguard Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and it is great to know that you would return in the future. I am so pleased that you found your accommodation to be clean and tidy, and that you found our staff to be excellent.

We all look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great value for money and brilliant family holiday. We went to Landguard holiday park with our 3 year old toddler and all loved it. Great location and perfect base to explore the island. Highly recommend

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for your lovely review. I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and I do hope that we see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have just returned from a weekend staying at Landguard Holiday Park and we're not disappointed at all. Upon arrival we were greeted by Kayleigh who was very warm and welcoming and informed us that the upgrade that we paid for was in fact one of the Woodland Lodges. We were over the moon as these lodges are so lovely and comfortable - everything we would want in a holiday home. Kayleigh told me all about the park and facilities and was a real credit to the park, she was lovely. The resort itself is part of the larger Lower Hyde holiday park but we much preferred Landguard to Lower Hyde. The staff there were very polite and welcoming. We are definitely coming back as the location was fab, being so close to the beach and some nice restaurants. Thank you for a great holiday

1  Thank Michelle B
Park R, General Manager at Parkdean Resorts - Landguard Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased that you were greeted warmly by our reception staff and that they were informative whilst checking you in.
Our lodges really do have that ‘home from home’ feel to them and I am so happy that they had everything in them that you needed.

Landguard really is ideally situated in Shanklin, close to the lovely sandy beach and the famous Old Village, and is a great base from which to explore the Island.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We went on a Sun Holiday, 23rd June for 4 nights. We upgraded to a silver + caravan, and i was over the moon when we arrived. Have stayed in a caravan before, and had reservations after reading some previous reviews on here, but we were in Bembridge 7, it was huge, new and clean. Even had a walk in wardrobe - perfect for suitcases and pushchair!
Kali, on reception was so welcoming, and recommended a fab chinese for our last night. We booked a cot for our little one, and it was dropped off to our caravan within 10 minutes of arrival - did get short changed on my deposit though - only got £8 back :-/ mistakes happen
play park was great for our little one - pool was ok, only used it once as we were out and about the island.
wasnt a huge fan of the entertainment, but you can use the resort next door too, Lower Hyde, which is apparently a bit more lively.
Only ate here on our 1st night - we really werent impressed im afraid! Garlic bread was over done and a bit like cardboard, and the macaroni cheese was more cheese sauce and chunks of cheese rather than any pasta!
All the staff were great though, even the security in the evening were chatty, and playful with my little boy.
We would definately stay here again, we had a lovely holiday.

Room Tip: Bembridge caravans were close to entertainment area, so a little noise, but nothing crazy!
1  Thank mandylc83

Thank you for writing your review. I am delighted that your caravan experience was a good one and that you were greeted warmly by our reception staff. Our Silver plus caravans really are very roomy, and I am pleased that you were happy with your accommodation.

Our Teamstars do work very hard to keep all age groups entertained, but it is a benefit for all our guests to be able to enjoy the facilities at Lower Hyde, our sister park which is only a short walk away.

I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your meal in our onsite eatery ‘The Granary’ – I will pass on your comments to the restaurant staff.

Thank you once again for this lovely review and I do hope that you choose to stay with us again at Landguard.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We (myself, Husband, Daughter, her Partner and 3 year old Son and our Dog) have just returned from a 4 night break at Landguard - 23 27 June 2014 and had to compliment everyone and everything - the resort, the staff and our caravan. We had a Bronze van because we were bringing the dog and, having been told that there were negative reviews, I was frankly terrified of what we would find. However, from the minute we were greeted at Reception, to the very end of the holiday, I was so, so impressed. Our caravan was spotless, roomy and well equipped. Microwave, TV, Kettle, pots, pans, cups, saucers, fridge, glasses. Everything that you would need really. OK, it is not a five star, all inclusive resort (which perhaps some of your reviewers were expecting) but to us, it was brilliant. The site was terrific, very clean and tidy, the dog was in heaven! Food in the evening was great, children's entertainment brilliant - Josh loved his time with the other little ones and Sarah and Harriet are wonderful, full of life and absolutely great with the kids! Bar staff and restaurant staff and even Security and the guys who were maintaining the grounds were friendly, professional and so very helpful. I had never stayed in a caravan before and most certainly would not hesitate to stay in one - at Landguard - again! My Husband enjoyed the pool (as did Laura, Joe and Josh) - warm, clean and certainly well looked after and supervised. It is a brilliant base to explore the Island and I think that it is most certainly a Five Star resort (you could even feed the birds and know that there is wildlife all around which to me, is a real bonus too!). Thank you everyone at Landguard Holiday Park for making this a wonderful break for us all. Highly recommended. PS - I scored 4 for the sleep quality, for the only reason that, I have never slept "properly" in an un-familiar bed!

Room Tip: Our Caravan was towards the bottom of a row and was therefore a long walk from the car. But, I think that which ever van you have, you will be impressed at how quiet the place is especially when you realise that it is full of children and adults.
1  Thank Jan G
Park R, General Manager at Parkdean Resorts - Landguard Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review. I am delighted that you were happy with your accommodation and found it to be clean and well equipped, and also that the park was clean and tidy on your arrival. It is great that you found all of our staff to be friendly and approachable, thank you so much for mentioning so many of them by name, it really is appreciated by all.

I am glad that you made use of our facilities and that your family enjoyed swimming in the pools and found them to be well supervised.

As you say, Landguard really is a fantastic base from which to explore the Isle of Wight, and I do hope you come back to see us again in the near future.