All reviewslower hydeisle of wightsun holidayentertainment staffsister siteentertainment complexchildren's entertainmentswimming poolon arrivalevening entertainmentgreat holidaycentral heatingfamily holidaymain bedroomlovely sitewashing machineonsite shop
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We visited Languard for a four night break and returned yesterday. Have been to 5 Park Resorts and this stay was truly awful. My husband is disabled and we couldn't get an assisted caravan. We asked if we could park next to the caravan due to my husband's disability but were told no. The staff buggie took our luggage to the caravan however the caravan was quite a way from the car park so each day we wanted to use the car my husband had to use his mobility scooter to get to the car park, dismantle it to use when we went out and the reverse when we came back. It is difficult for me as the scooter is heavy. Had we been able to park next to the caravan as we have with all previous Park Holidays the scooter could have stayed in the car and this would have been so much easier.

The first night we went to the club for a meal at 8 o'clock to have something to eat as we had not eaten since lunchtime. Although there were ramps to get to the bar there was no ramp at the threshold to the club and the staff gave us a bit of wood to help my husband get into the club which is a ridiculous situation. We were told that we had to hurry if we wanted to eat as it would probably be closing shortly. All we could get was burgers and they were horrible. The lad was not happy to serve us as he wanted to shut up as he had already done a '12-hour day'. The following night we went to the club and ordered a meal of chicken tikka and square steak pie. It was absolutely disgusting and well overpriced.

I hardly slept as the bed was so uncomfortable and was a small double. The toilet would only flush on odd occasions, the toilet brush was filthy and the gas fire didn't work.

On leaving the park, when I went to give the keys back, I was given the deposit I paid for the extra key (which was a different cut to the original and did not work) the assistant gave me the and said thanks and that was it. She didn't even ask if we had a good break.

The standards have dropped dramatically, the food disgusting and overpriced. We will not use Park Resorts again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarenHSouthampton
Park R, General Manager at Parkdean Resorts - Landguard Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your views on TripAdvisor. I am extremely disappointed to hear that we did not fulfill your expectations on this occasion.

As we are a small park we are unable to allow vehicles next to our caravans. This is for health and safety reasons, as in an emergency an ambulance would be unable to pass. We do provide trolleys to help our guests with their luggage and our accommodation team are always happy to assist.

I am sorry that you were not happy with the meals you had in our onsite eatery. Although they are competitively priced, you should never have been spoken to like that by our staff and I have passed your comments on to our Complex Manager.

We would have been able to change the mattress and toilet brush for you and sent our maintenance team round to fix the other problems, if these issues had been reported to reception.

Once again I do apologise that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Superb site caravan spotless , I would say this would rate as the best caravan holiday I have had. We took our first sun deal so was a little unsure of what we would get, however we were overjoyed with the bronze it was spacious, quiet, with all the amenities you require. Will definitely be going back. Thanks to all the park staff for making it an extra special stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bernie N

Thank you for writing your review. I am delighted to hear that this was the best caravan holiday you have ever had – what a recommendation for us!

We all look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

we had a lovely time , this is a nice clean camp the caravan was very clean too.We did not use the clubhouse but we could here the turns from outside and they appeared to be good and worth a visit.The staff were very helpful and went out of their way to help us carry our luggage to and from the caravan.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you had a lovely time, were happy with your accommodation and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

I do hope that you choose to holiday with Park Resorts again in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just returned from a lovely weekend away. Booked through the sun holiday but upgraded to a silver + caravan. Well what can i say but it was the best caravan i have stayed in. Lovely and clean, spacious and new. the bed was comfortable and we even had a walk in wardrobe, fab ! Didn't use the clubhouse facilities but it all looked clean and tidy. We would definitely book to stay here again, fantastic

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Park R, General Manager at Parkdean Resorts - Landguard Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your views on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you had a lovely weekend with us here at Landguard. I’m glad that you were so happy with your accommodation, our Silver Plus and above caravans really are very spacious.

Thank you once again and I do hope we see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at languard for 4 nights on a Sun holiday, my wife and I along with our son Seth had a brilliant time. The caravan was very clean and tidy which was a relief as we had read some bad reviews, the whole site was very good overall concidering it's a small site. The staff were all excellent especially Sarah and the other girls who entertained the children every day. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and it is great to know that you would return in the future. I am so pleased that you found your accommodation to be clean and tidy, and that you found our staff to be excellent.

We all look forward to seeing you again very soon.