My partner and I stayed in a Bronze lodge (W6). We origanaly booked for a week from the 14th June but after 2-3 days called into reception and booked another 6 nights. On day of arrival check in time was 4pm but as our lodge was cleaned we were able to get the keys at 2.30pm, which was a bonus. The reception staff were extremely helpful and polite. The lodge was lovely and spacious with a dishwasher. I did pack a travel iron, so I was surprised to see that there was an iron and ironing board there already. Lodge W6 is perfect for the sun which we had plenty of while we were there. The maitenance staff were also on the ball as the smoke alarm battery needed changing. Tony from maitenance is a funny man and a diamond. Housekeeping did a courtosy call to make sure everything was ok, which I thought was a nice houghtful touch. We did not use the pools, but the lady in the lodge next door did and she said the outdoor pool was lovely and warm. We did not use the entertainment facilities in the evening so can't pass comment on that. We did have breakfast in the cafe, which was good value at £6 for 2. With that you got a sausage, bacon, beans, an egg, a slice of toast and a cup of tea or coffee.
We enjoyed ourselves so much that we re-booked for 2 weeks next year. Landguard is a lovely little park to relax and explore the Isle of Wight.
The places we visited were Godshill (quaint), IOW zoo, Amazon World zoo (try it just for the Lemur monkeys!) amongst other places.
Definately my place to visit year after year. Thank you Landguard for allowing me to have one of the best holidays I have ever had! See you next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landguard Holiday Park has a lovely friendly atmosphere, set in sheltered woodland, just a short walk from the traditional seaside town of Shanklin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Landguard Holiday Park - Park Hotel Shanklin
- Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts Shanklin, Isle Of Wight