“Best Sun holiday weekend to date”

Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I visited here a few weeks ago for a long weekend with my boyfriend and parent. When we arrived the staff were friendly and helpful and advised us that we had been given a complimentary upgrade. We were in a silver caravan which was great. It was extra wide and super clean (the first caravan I have been in that hasn’t had a slight fusty smell to it). This is the first caravan site I have been too where you don’t park your car next to the caravan. This made the site look nice and clean. The grass was therefore in great shape, the site wasn’t clutters and for added security you couldn’t tell if you were home or not. We have a caravan 4 down from the car park which was great however I could imagine this is slightly annoying and hard work if you were at the other end of the site. This was also one of the quietest sites i have been too, no noise from the club house (unlike some i have stayed in). We visited the bar restaurant which I found disappointing. It was small and average but it was clean and did the job, I just have high standards as to what I expect. I would recommend popping over to the sister site up the road (lower Hyde) their club house is fantastic, new, clean, spacious and great food. Plus is a lovely stroll through the two parks (although slightly hilly if you struggle to walk) Over all I can’t fault this park, it clean, spacious and the staff are great (they even sent a representative round while we were there to check everything was ok and fix a light in the caravan straight away) and all on the special sun holiday offer. I would definitely stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SHoward83
Park R, General Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, were very happy with your accommodation and found our staff to be helpful. As you say, it is a real benefit for all of our guests to be able to use the facilities at our sister park Lower Hyde, which is only a short stroll away.

Thank you once again for this review and I do hope you will consider using Park Resorts for any future UK breaks.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Most has already been said. Very good value, well equipped caravan,comfortable.Friendly staff. It has to be said the site is quite a way from the train station and as we did not drive was a bit of a problem! (However a taxi was all that was needed). As already stated, we did not drive to this location and it was quite a way to walk back to the 'van and as we are in our 70's this was a bit of a problem. However we stayed an extra 2 nights!!

Room Tip: This is a former Holiday camp, WELL MAINTAINED And as such requires a car for getting around but as...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BPSHoliday

Thank you for sharing your views on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, so much so that you booked an extra two nights! I am glad that you were comfortable in your caravan and found our staff to be friendly.

I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again for any future holidays on the Isle of Wight.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Clean, modern well equipped caravan, 6 berth - would be a squeeze for more than 4. Bed a bit lumpy but put spare quilt underneath bottom sheet. Outdoor chairs and table would be very useful.

Didn't pay for entertainment pass as went out most days and nights. We were going to have a meal and use the pool one lunchtime but were told we needed pass for that as well. No problem really, but Park lost our custom for that lunchtime.

It is a mile + from Shanklin, even further from beach so car is needed.

Recommend Fighting Cocks pub for evening meal (about 2 miles toward Newport).

Room Tip: Basic Sun booking. If more than 4 will be tight for space.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adwils

Thank you for writing your review. I am so glad that you found us to be excellent value.
I am sorry that you had a lumpy mattress, if this had been reported to reception we would have changed it for you. We do not provide outside furniture for our caravans, but guests are more than welcome to bring their own.

Thank you once again and I do hope that you will consider Park Resorts for any future holidays.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very clean site, quite compact perfect for small children, caravan very tidy and seemed quite new, with everything inside that you would require. Even though the policy of no cars at the caravans is quite annoying when unpacking and packing up it is great to know the kids can run around with no worries of having to look out for cars. Check in and check out very quick and easy, we turned up earlier than our check in time and they did everything to help us get in to our caravan earlier than we should have done which was great, the only negative would be the rules around the swimming pool, the opening times of the indoor pool and the opening and closing of the very small slide this did get quite frustrating at times as for youngsters the only entertaining thing in the pool is the slide and this was opened for a limited amount of time which does seem quite daft...at one point they shut the slide down as the member of staff manning it had to go to the outside pool even though there was no one out there as it was too chilly! But on the whole a lovely stay and a great area to base yourself in whilst exploring the rest of the island.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am glad that you had a quick and easy check-in process and were happy with your accommodation. As you say, we are a child-friendly park and once in your caravan, it is great to let the kids run around freely.

The lifeguards do have strict health and safety rules to adhere to, but I shall pass on your comments to our Sports and Leisure Manager.

Thank you once again and I do hope that you choose Park Resorts for any future breaks.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here with 4 children in a caravan, superb facilities for them, clean accommodation. Very friendly staff could not do enough for us. We have booked for next year. Very much like the no car around caravan policy, ideal for children to play adjacent to caravan.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank fraz107

Thank you for this lovely review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your holiday so much that you have already booked for next year!
It is great that you were happy with your accommodation and found our staff to be helpful, and we all look forward to seeing you in 2015.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in a bronze caravan for 5 days, it was very clean and nicely presented, the only problem was a couple of doors which were off their hinges however the management team quickly sorted that out for us. The facilities on site were great for families however I felt the entertainment wasn't brilliant, although this didn't phase us as we found plenty to do in the local area. The granary restaurant on site was suburb as was a local pub, the crab inn. I would highly recommend this place for anyone wanting a short and relaxing holiday. But beware, we did get noisy neighbours who were outside drinking and shouting until the early hours of the morning, for a family park this should have been monitored.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laura F

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a relaxing time. I am sorry that you experienced a couple of maintenance issues when you arrived, but I am pleased that they were attended to and dealt with swiftly.

I am also sorry that you had noisy neighbours. It is normal practise for our reception team to highlight the security mobile telephone number, so I am sorry if this was not pointed out to you during check-in.

I am delighted that you would recommend us, and I do hope you would consider Park Resorts for any future holidays.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just back from a weekend at Landguard, Park Resorts. Site small but perfectly formed. Accommodation was clean and tidy. Site is in a good location and in an ideal spot for exploring the island. Would recommend it for families of all ages.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen E
Park R, General Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for writing your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with your accommodation. Landguard really is a great base from which to explore the island, and I am so pleased that you would recommend us.

We hope that you will come back soon.

01983 863 100

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
Sandringham Hotel
#35 of 51 in Shanklin
Melbourne - Ardenlea Hotel
Melbourne - Ardenlea Hotel
#45 of 51 in Shanklin

Been to Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!