All reviewslower hydeisle of wightsun holidayentertainment staffsister siteentertainment complexchildren's entertainmentswimming poolon arrivalevening entertainmentgreat holidaycentral heatingfamily holidaymain bedroomlovely sitewashing machineonsite shop
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a sun holiday deal with our two children 1 and 4. Whilst the park is quite small it is lovely and perfect for younger children.
The check in was quick and even got in an hour earlier than we was supposed to she was friendly and helpful.
Our silver caravan was lovely. Clean spacious modern and with laminate floor which is much better with children. Might be a bit chilly in winter but for us amazing. Main bedroom massive only missing some drawers two massive built in wardrobes.
The pools were ok bit small but ok for us. The lifeguards though. ...Most unfriendly unhelpful lot I've ever come across.
The entertainment team were good. Friendly enough but not consistent every night someone different was there running the club. I've seen better entertainment but wasn't bad.
Overall we had a lovely holiday the two child re n's play areas were fab. My kids loved the wild rabbits about. The park was clean.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Parkdean Resorts - Landguard Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your views on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you had such a lovely holiday here with us at Landguard and that your check-in process was easy. Our receptionists take mobile telephone numbers for all guests who arrive early and will call them as soon as their unit is ready.

I am glad that you were happy with your accommodation and the entertainment team, but I am sorry that you found our lifeguards to be unhelpful. This is not a comment that we receive very often so I shall pass it on to our Sports and Leisure manager.

Thank you once again and I do hope that you will choose to holiday with Park Resorts again in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Accommodation good for the price. Children's entertainment great and they loved the 2 pools and play area. Reasonable priced bar food available. We didn't feel the need to use facilities at neighbouring lower Hyde resort as they were adequate for 4 night break at Languard. Would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank cgill72

Thank you for writing this review, and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m also pleased that your children enjoyed the entertainment and the onsite facilities.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and I am delighted that you would recommend Landguard for a holiday on the Isle of Wight. I hope that you will all come back soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Having stayed at a few park resorts this was one that actually is child friendly,from the staff to the entertainment. Also the park itself the way it is set up I felt that I could allow my grandchildren Harry and Jessica 9 and11 to get the morning paper play in the park safely. Overall the accommodation is basic., get what you are paying for. I think it is time for park resorts to think of Alfresco eating by supplying plastic table ,chairs for each caravan. The only negative was the car park (even though I agree with cars being parked away from the caravans for the sake of child safety) at full capacity it was tight getting in and out because cars had to park at an angle. The four days spent at languard will stay with my grandaughter for a long time as she took part in the singing contest and clImed a certificate an rosette. We look forward to returning soon.....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane C
Park R, General Manager at Parkdean Resorts - Landguard Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on TripAdvisor. We do pride ourselves on being a child-friendly park so I am pleased that your granddaughter enjoyed the entertainment and went home with a certificate and a rosette.

We appreciate that our main car park does get very busy at times, however we do have another car park and there is plenty of parking behind the entertainment centre. I do apologise if this was not pointed out to you during check-in.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Had a wonderful holiday, the staff were all wonderful and all could not be more helpful and friendly, Especially Sam on reception and Tash with the swimming pool. The entertainment staff also really friendly and welcoming to our two boys (bum bum bee, if you remember him)- Sarah & Harriet. Thank you for a really lovely week.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rhys H

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found all of our staff to be very friendly and helpful.

I do hope that you will return in the near future to have another wonderful week on the Isle of Wight.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

great place to stay on the isle of wight very clean modern caravan and nice site for children
staff great and indoor and outdoor swimming pools very clean would go again.shanklin itself is a great place to visit and much nicer than its neighbor sandown.

Room Tip: caravans away from bar
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank wavestravel

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and were happy with your accommodation and the site’s facilities.

I do hope that you will choose to return to us in the future.