Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts
US$152
US$222
US$198
Very Good 4/5
Somerton Lodge Hotel(Shanklin)(Great Value!)
US$85
Priceline
Shanklin Hotel(Shanklin)
US$111
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspark resortslower hydeisle of wightentertainment staffsun holidayentertainment complexchildren's entertainmentsister siteswimming poolon arrivalevening entertainmentmain bedroomfamily holidaycentral heatinglovely sitewashing machinefantastic holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had such a lovely time last week at Landguard. We arrived just after 1:30 to get to our lodge, and it was amzingly clean. Couldnt fault anything. Outside Swimming pool was busy but seemed to quiet down about half 5. Morrisons was about a 5-10 minute walk same as Shanklin. Entertainment was amazing. Matt Fisher performed which was amazing and the other team stars including Harriot and Sarah were really good company. We spoke to Harriot for a while which was really nice for her to.come over. Very welcoming. All staff were so helpful and the adult game shows really got all the adults involved. Definatly one for the adults aswell as children. this was our third year back here and booked up for next year. anot a disappointment

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank BethT44828
Park R, General Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for writing your review. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your third year staying with us and were happy with your accommodation.

I am also pleased that your family enjoyed the entertainment provided, our Teamstars really do work hard keeping all age groups involved and entertained and I shall pass your kind comments on to the team.

Thank you once again, and we all look forward to seeing you again in 2015!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Started badly with poor check in service as I was ignored for a good 10mins while one lad was on the phone taking bookings and I could hear 2 women gossiping out the back, then when we reached the caravan the beds were not made up as advertised. However the park and caravan made up for it and we had a really good stay there. We stayed in a gold plus caravan which was very modern and spacious, only downside was no lamps/side lights, a real problem in the evening if you want to relax in the caravan or read a book in bed, not even a switch by the bed. Kids loved the swimming pool, playground and entertainment. Be aware its quite a trek to the facilities at the neighbouring site - not great if you have little ones so we didn't bother after going to see them once but think the facilities at Landguard were adequate for us with a 2 and 5 year old.

Room Tip: Definitely worth paying extra for better grade of accommodation.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MellyB83
Park R, General Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your views on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that your holiday started badly with a poor check-in, but I am happy that the rest of your holiday was enjoyable.

I am glad that you were satisfied with your accommodation although unfortunately none of our caravans come fitted with bedside lamps. I am glad that your children enjoyed the entertainment and using the onsite facilities, and I do hope that you will choose to holiday with Park Resorts again in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We love the IOW and Langaurd Park Resorts is one of the best holiday parks for location, entertainment, pools, friendly staff and cleanliness. Eight of us (including toddler) stayed in a silver caravan, the van itself did look and feel a little tired but very clean and certainly adequate! The staff were very friendly and helpful. My husband who is disabled cannot walk far so we were worried that we could not park next to the van, I telephoned the park explaining this and they very kindly located us a caravan near the car park which was brilliant. Will defiantly be booking again sometime.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NewyQ

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your holiday and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

Our reception team always do their best to honour any special requests, although they are never guaranteed, so I am happy that you were placed near to the car park on this occasion.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a sun holiday deal with our two children 1 and 4. Whilst the park is quite small it is lovely and perfect for younger children.
The check in was quick and even got in an hour earlier than we was supposed to she was friendly and helpful.
Our silver caravan was lovely. Clean spacious modern and with laminate floor which is much better with children. Might be a bit chilly in winter but for us amazing. Main bedroom massive only missing some drawers two massive built in wardrobes.
The pools were ok bit small but ok for us. The lifeguards though. ...Most unfriendly unhelpful lot I've ever come across.
The entertainment team were good. Friendly enough but not consistent every night someone different was there running the club. I've seen better entertainment but wasn't bad.
Overall we had a lovely holiday the two child re n's play areas were fab. My kids loved the wild rabbits about. The park was clean.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your views on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you had such a lovely holiday here with us at Landguard and that your check-in process was easy. Our receptionists take mobile telephone numbers for all guests who arrive early and will call them as soon as their unit is ready.

I am glad that you were happy with your accommodation and the entertainment team, but I am sorry that you found our lifeguards to be unhelpful. This is not a comment that we receive very often so I shall pass it on to our Sports and Leisure manager.

Thank you once again and I do hope that you will choose to holiday with Park Resorts again in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Accommodation good for the price. Children's entertainment great and they loved the 2 pools and play area. Reasonable priced bar food available. We didn't feel the need to use facilities at neighbouring lower Hyde resort as they were adequate for 4 night break at Languard. Would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank cgill72

Thank you for writing this review, and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m also pleased that your children enjoyed the entertainment and the onsite facilities.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and I am delighted that you would recommend Landguard for a holiday on the Isle of Wight. I hope that you will all come back soon.