“My caravan summer holiday”

Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Diss, United Kingdom
“My caravan summer holiday”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We started our holiday in the lower Hyde park but then got upgraded, due to a poor caravan, into a lodge in languard which was very nice. Nice location, friendly staff & everything close at hand. Although I must say the restaurant & entertainment in the lower Hyde park was much better than languard. But overall we all had a very good holiday with park resorts.

1 Thank Andrew N
Park R, General Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your views on TripAdvisor, I am so sorry that your holiday had a bad start but am delighted that you were happy with your upgrade and move to Landguard.

Our lodges are very popular and set in a lovely woodland area. One of the benefits for all our guests is to be able to use the facilities at Lower Hyde and I do hope you would consider using Park Resorts again in the future.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Spent a week here didn't want to leave as we had great neighbours (the duttons) good site no problems at all just don't agree how they all park there caravans though a big thanks to Corrine the site manager always wondering around making sure everyone was ok we are booking for 2 weeks next year but for a bit later in august so we can go to the garlic festival so much to do on the site everywhere was very clean showers and toilets great all in all great place see you next year the davies's ian kayleigh and Ella

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank iandavies38
Thank you for this lovely review, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay on our touring site and I shall pass your kind comments onto Corinne.

There really is so much to see and do on the Isle of Wight and the garlic festival is a great day out, so I do hope you enjoy it when you return next year.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

i cannot thank mark and gail for the help and showing us around landguard and lower hyde and the pleasant staff and the security at both sites it was our first time to iow and would recommend staying here to anyone also thanks for the amazing shows put on by the teamstars and elliott frisby who we see twice who was at both sites
thank you park resorts for having amaxing staff and entertainment

Room Tip: try get a earlie ferry
Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Terry P
Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the entertainment provided, as our Teamstars do work very hard keeping all age groups entertained and are always grateful for positive feedback.

It is great that you will recommend us and I do hope you visit us again in the future.

Shrewsbury
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We booked in January with friends who we holiday with every year we requested to be next to each other, we weren't, so was upset about that, the staff really couldn't be bothered, the caravan was filthy stains all over the carpet and smelt of wee, the staff were clueless about events on the island, the pool heaters kept breaking down, entertainment was shocking ! The car park spaces were so close together our car had scratches from people opening there doors into it, I will definatly visit the Isle of Wight again as it is beautiful, but I will never use a park resorts site ever again.

• Stayed August 2014
Park R, General Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you for writing this review. I am extremely disappointed to hear that we did not fulfill your expectations and we were unable to adhere to your request to be near your friends. Our reception team do try their hardest to honour any special requests made prior to arrival but unfortunately are not always able to do so. I am sorry you felt our staff could not be bothered, this is not a comment we get very often and I am surprised to hear it.

I do wish you had reported the cleanliness issues to reception as we would have sent a member of the accommodation team round to rectify them.

Once again I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We visited the Park Resorts Landguard site on 2/8/14 for 7 days as a family of two adults and two kids.
The caravan was impeccable as was the rest of the site. The clubhouse on this site is small and we used the neighbouring Park Resorts site (lower Hyde) for our evening entertainment. Lower Hyde is a short ten minute walk away and guests are able to utilise both site's facilities with their guest pass.
Our 8 year old daughter had an amazing time with the team stars and their program designed to wear the kids out each evening before the Caberet show was on aimed more at the adults.
We didn't make much use of the daytime program of activities although it was clear that these were plentiful.
The swimming pools at both sites are great with several lifeguards on duty at any one time for that extra bit of reassurance.
A must if you are visiting is the linked bingo.... Although it seems quite pricey on first appearance(£16 for a book set or £8 for a half set) the prizes literally are in the thousands!

All in all a great time was had by all and I have no negatives to share. We will definatly return.

Room Tip: We used caravan Downsview 8 which was amazing.
2 Thank Lmrhmr7981
Thank you taking the time to write this positive review of Landguard.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your holiday, and that you were very happy with your accommodation and the site. I am glad you enjoyed using the facilities both here and at our sister park, Lower Hyde. It is a real benefit for all our guests to be able to use the facilities on both parks as Lower Hyde is only a short walk away.

I am so glad that your daughter enjoyed spending time with the Teamstars as they do work hard keeping all age groups entertained, and I am so pleased that you will return to see us in the future.

Avebury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

fab holiday for a smaller holiday park although could not get a takeaway pizza as they had ran out of boxes ... even offered to take plate ... so ended up going off site and considering there was 8 of us we would have spent a fair bit

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you had a great holiday with us but I do apologise that you could not get a takeaway pizza. We had run out of pizza boxes both here and at Lower Hyde, our sister park, but the kitchen staff were serving takeaway pizzas on a plate covered with clingfilm so I am sorry that you were unable to have one yourselves.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this review and I do hope you consider Park Resorts for any future holidays.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

A small site but just perfect as a base to explore the area. Caravan was lovely and clean equipped with everything needed for our stay. No problem parking we would return as was perfect for our needs.

1 Thank Helen503775
Thank you for sharing your views on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the standard of your accommodation.

Landguard really is a great base from which to explore the Isle of Wight, and I do hope that you return again in the future.

01983 863 100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
The Wight
#7 of 52 in Shanklin
Rowborough Hotel
Rowborough Hotel
#1 of 52 in Shanklin

Been to Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!