“Will not be returning unless they upgrade”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shanklin
Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Will not be returning unless they upgrade”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Attended in our touring caravan a party of 5 including 2 grandchildren 8 & 10 years old. The site was mainly static vans with a caravan/camping area of over 100 pitches - 80% being tents. I am only able to talk about the female areas - the toilet block was old and grubby. Definite shortage of hot water - of the 7 showers I took 5 were with cold water - hot showers only very early in the morning. On one occasion I had to stop what I was doing to search the other toilets for tissue - not a nice experience. For a site of over 100 pitches there were 6 showers and 6 toilets so queues were a regular occurrence.
When we arrived at about 3.30 pm my husband went to the shop to buy milk and they had non - later in the week on returning from a day out I found I needed some butter but the shop had none - not even cheap stuff. We ran out of toilet blue for the caravan toilet, I am sure any caravanner would count this as a basic but the site shop did not sell any touring van items, no blue no tent pegs nothing.
The children's entertainment was split by bingo so at 5.30 pm to 6.30/7 pm there was activity which my 8 year old grand-daughter enjoyed but then there was a break for bingo which we don't enjoy and the older children's actives started about an hour and a half later so we didn't hang around which didn't go down well with my older grand-daughter.
There are a lot more things I could say but I am sure you get the idea that we will not be returning.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NSelley
Park R, General Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thank you for sharing your views on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations and that you would not return. We do appreciate that our shower block is a little dated but we have full time cleaners who keep them perfectly clean. I am concerned that there was a shortage of hot water and have passed on your comments to our Maintenance Manager who will be looking into this. The onsite shop is run by a different company, not Park Resorts, but I am sorry there was a shortage of stock during your stay.
Our Teamstars do work very hard keeping all age groups entertained so I apologise if this was not to your taste.

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is a great place to stay met some great families and our neighbours from our first week. Corinne the site manager is a superstar nothing is too much trouble. We have booked for next year already and looking forward to going back in October also. Highly recommended the

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank KellyandTed
Park R, General Manager at Landguard Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for this fabulous review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay on our touring site and that you made so many new friends. Corinne will be thrilled to hear your kind comments and we all look forward to seeing you again in October.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Really good base to go out and about seeing the beautiful Isle of Wight. Fabulous greeting on arrival by Corinne who was attentive and on the ball throughout. Really glad I picked languard and not Lower Hyde for touring as the field was shaded and full of trees whereas LH was open, higher up and quite windy. Short walk to park and entertainment centre. Kids enjoyed the entertainment. Quite mediocre but ok and kept the kids quiet awhile. Quite a few activities on during the day and 9-yr old enjoyed pool activities. Most evenings we went out anyway. Would go back, but hear that they are moving the site to LH exclusively to make room for more statics. An enjoyable family holiday.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Catjoy
Thank you for writing your review.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, our touring site is very flat and surrounded by trees thus giving quite a lot of shade. It is great that you received a warm welcome from Corinne, she really has been doing a great job keeping all our campers happy this season.

As you say, Landguard is a great base to explore the Island and I do hope you would consider Park Resorts for any future visits.

portsmouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is our 2nd visit to Landguard Holiday park. What attracts us to camping with park resorts is the great value they offer, especially during peak season while other campsites tend to hike their prices up during the summer holidays. Isle of Wight is a lovely place to visit and we particulary love this part of the island as there is so much to see and do. As for the park itself, it a lovely place. The touring Manager Corinne is ever so friendly and makes you feel very welcome. The toilets/showers were always cleaned and stocked up daily and Lidls and Morrison are both nearby which is an added bonus. The swimming pool is a bit on the small side but saying that, there are plenty of beaches around that the pool is just an added bonus and the inside pool was lovely and warm. Clubhouse drinks are a bit on the pricey side and the night time entertainment is okay. This could be a great place if more money was put into the entertaiment side of things. Dont get me wrong for what you pay its good and we did have a fab time and would return.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for writing your review, and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay on our touring site for the second year running. Corinne really is doing a grand job and I shall pass on your kind comments to her.

There really is so much to see and do on the island and Landguard is a great base from which to explore, so I am so pleased to know that you would return for a third visit.

Diss, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We started our holiday in the lower Hyde park but then got upgraded, due to a poor caravan, into a lodge in languard which was very nice. Nice location, friendly staff & everything close at hand. Although I must say the restaurant & entertainment in the lower Hyde park was much better than languard. But overall we all had a very good holiday with park resorts.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrew N
Thank you for sharing your views on TripAdvisor, I am so sorry that your holiday had a bad start but am delighted that you were happy with your upgrade and move to Landguard.

Our lodges are very popular and set in a lovely woodland area. One of the benefits for all our guests is to be able to use the facilities at Lower Hyde and I do hope you would consider using Park Resorts again in the future.

Lancashire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Spent a week here didn't want to leave as we had great neighbours (the duttons) good site no problems at all just don't agree how they all park there caravans though a big thanks to Corrine the site manager always wondering around making sure everyone was ok we are booking for 2 weeks next year but for a bit later in august so we can go to the garlic festival so much to do on the site everywhere was very clean showers and toilets great all in all great place see you next year the davies's ian kayleigh and Ella

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank iandavies38
Thank you for this lovely review, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay on our touring site and I shall pass your kind comments onto Corinne.

There really is so much to see and do on the Isle of Wight and the garlic festival is a great day out, so I do hope you enjoy it when you return next year.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

i cannot thank mark and gail for the help and showing us around landguard and lower hyde and the pleasant staff and the security at both sites it was our first time to iow and would recommend staying here to anyone also thanks for the amazing shows put on by the teamstars and elliott frisby who we see twice who was at both sites
thank you park resorts for having amaxing staff and entertainment

Room Tip: try get a earlie ferry