Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Langham Court(Shanklin)
  • Breakfast included
1,303 results
All reviewspark resortsplatinum caravansignature lodgeteam starssun holidaybronze caravanoutdoor pooltouring siteco opadult entertainmenton site shopgreat siteentertainment staffgreat holidaysister sitecentral heatingblackgang chine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed here in July 2013 with our four year old.

We stayed in a signature lodge which was absolutely superb. You could not fault the cleanliness and facilities, our little one loved the whirlpool bath and we thought the lodge was the best we had stayed in. The kitchen was well equipped and I couldn't believe the high quality of the furnishings and beds and we thoroughly enjoyed our week in the lodge.

The lodge however is the only excellent part of this resort, the rest of it needs serious improvements or knocking down. The bar and enertainment area was dark and souless, the staff seemed very inconvenienced if you wanted serving as you interrupted their conversations, the indoor pool was dirty and noisy, the outdoor pool just seemed to be there for the slide. The restaurant area stank of stale greasy food and made your stomach turn when you walked in. There was no way we were eating in there (but can throughly recommend The Merrie Garden down the road which was excellent for drinks and food). The onsite shop was small and fine for a paper but not a lot else, no fresh fruit or vegetables and very expensive, go to Morrisons down the road.

The play area needed some updating along with improvements in the grounds maintenance.

The park is in a good position to explore the island and we did have a lovely holiday, however, that is only because we loved the lodge and used it as a base and then drove out of the gated cul-de-sac passing through the rest of the park, not stopping till we got to the road.

Would we return - I don't know, really mixed feelings as the lodge was so superb but it is such a shame that it is let down by the rest of the park. I think if you would get the lodge at a good rate and only want it as a base then yes, if you go looking for a great park with family facilities then no.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Lower Hyde Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Signature Lodges. They are truly beautiful and feel like a home of home. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with all other aspects of your holiday as this is never our intention. With regards to our entertainment and restaurant area I will pass on your comments to our complex manager for him to look into. I am so happy that you were able to enjoy the Island, it is a beautiful place to visit. Thank you again for your review and we hope you will visit Park Resorts again the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is a lovely big site , with fantastic entertainment and cracking staff ... park has two pools (even outdoor one warm) and bar with food.

Location great for walk into Shanklin for shops and beach.

Only downside was the touring area where we were ... as one of the staff admitted the management only seem to care about the statics ....

NO gas on site when ran out - order given to manager 3 weeks previous but nothing done - luckily well stocked Morrison's 2mins drive away.

Water in showers artic on couple of occasions

No toilet roll on many occasions but mainly due to some suspected youth nicking them of soaking and dumping rolls on floor

Toilet and showers could have done with more frequent cleaning due to numbers using facilities - also could do with more - even with added portaloos still short.

The experience for tourer's could be made all the better for minimum investment - they could make a killing by stocking basic camping supplies - pegs etc - and theres an ideal spot next to touring reception for a little play area

On a positive side - pitch I had was plenty big allowed for some privacy when wanted
As I said can't fault staff and entertainment - although that may be too popular as had ti get there early to get a seat ... also now a bingo addict ...

As I said some small improvements to touring area would greatly improve , and it can't have been that bad cos I've booked for next year before I left ....... C u then ....

Room Tip: Hard standing pitched best - some of the piches further up fields look on a bit of a slope - a couple lokked like ski slopes ...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our entertainment and swimming pools whilst on holiday and you found our staff to be friendly. We have a really great team working at Lower Hyde. We are lucky to be situated in such a great area near to beaches, shops and attractions and it lovely to hear that you had the chance to explore the local area while staying at Lower Hyde. I have taken your points on board regarding the touring area and will look into these issues you have raised. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I shall start by saying that this Park Resort is in a lovely location in the Isle Of Wight. It has a local town full of the usual shops you would see with plenty of banks and shops.

I camped here for 2 weeks, very new experience for myself. Family have been coming here for a number of years and I thought I'd give it a go!

Showers and bathroom facilities were adequate, cleaned regularly but having a hot shower was an issue as the temperature of the water was very intermittent, even after several complaints.

The outdoor swimming pool was ok, not big enough really for what the park caters for in numbers but the lifeguards are an amazing team of people! Very helpful and approachable!
The indoor swimming pool was small but suitable for bad weather, however, not big enough to cater for the site. Languard, another Park Resorts just 5 minutes down the road had far better facilities in this matter of which you can access via staying at either site.

Entertainment for young children was good! The 'Team Stars' were, overall, friendly, approachable and very talented. They all had their own skills which when working together, worked really well. There are a couple of 'Team Stars' who can be a little rude and overstep social boundaries.

The adult entertainment was good, had some good acts visiting the site, some of which are hired from Park Resorts and others that aren't. Overall, very impressed. In- house entertainment from the 'Team Stars' was adequate some nights. Think they look exhausted after working all day and then all night.
The entertainment complex 'The Squires' is modern but can do with a little bit of TLC.. Ceiling falling apart, lighting out of date, dance floor coming apart. The technical side of it is well managed and all the 'Team Stars' take it in turns to manage this.
The bar is expensive but bar staff are friendly and very quick to serve during busy periods. There isn't enough seating as both Langard and Lower Hyde use the facility and you have to arrive at around 6.30 for a seat but that's fine if you wish to take part in the link bingo which is good fun!

The Squires entertainment complex also has a arcade - much fun to be had for all age ranges.

My family and I did enjoy ourselves but I think that maybe 14 days was a little too long.

I would return here but maybe hire out a caravan.

A good holiday :)

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent camping holiday to Lower Hyde. We have great touring wardens that look after all of our touring area and work very hard, I will pass on your kind comments to the girls, they will be delighted to hear your comments. I am pleased you were able to use the swimming pools at Lower Hyde, it is great that our guests are able to walk through our site and use all of the facilities and pools at Landguard our sister site as well. It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed the entertainment whilst on our site, our entertainment team work very hard and will be happy to hear your lovely words. I will pass on your comments regarding the entertainment area to the complex manager. Thank you once again for your review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Just returned from 5 days at Lower Hyde Park. 4 adults and 4 children staying in an 8 berth gold plus caravan. First impression of the caravan was clean but tired looking very dull brown and beige everywhere. Carpet was a little stained as were the pillows on the beds. Very spacious shower room with basin and toilet and a second toilet and basin too. Beds were uncomfortable. There was an outside picnic table which was good. The living area was spacious enough for the 8 of us although we weren't in very much. Have stayed in nicer caravans and was expecting more for a gold plus. There was only a small freezer compartment in the fridge which wasn't very efficient. I' m sure we have had fridge freezers in other caravans.

After reading other reviews about the state of the pool and pool area I spoke to the pool manager before we arrived and he assured me the pool was clean and it was. again all a little tired but very well managed by the lifeguards who kept a very strict eye on everything. The kids loved it for playing in although it's not deep enough for swimming they had great fun.

The entertainment area was horrible and in urgent need of a refurbishment. Went there on the first night for an hour and didn't return.

It is a very hilly site, we were very lucky having asked to be close to the pool we were given a caravan very near. Slightly disturbing were the children whizzing up and down the hills on bikes with no cycle helmets not the fault if the park but worrying all the same.

Overall as I said in the beginning tired but clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with your accommodation, I am unsure if you reported these issues to our reception team as they would have been able to send our housekeeping team to see you and try to resolve these issues or alternatively they could have perhaps moved you to another accommodation. I am pleased you found our swimming pools to be clean and the children had fun swimming. I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience in our entertainment area, I will pass on your comments to our complex manager. Thank you again for your review and we hope you will visit Park Resorts again in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed at Lower Hyde for 4 nights. Wish we had booked a full week. Our party was 2 adults and 2 children aged 7 and 9. We all enjoyed ourselves so much I am trying to get my hubby to book for next year.
The caravan was SPOTLESS. Cleanest I have ever stayed in. I hope they are all like that. Everything worked, everywhere. All the staff (reception, team stars, life guards, security, bar staff) were very nice, polite and interested in us. The kids had a ball. Not a massive amount to do on the park but it was so pleasant we just milled around.
The weather was a bit of a let down but we still went in the sea in the rain.
The only negative thing was the fact that dispite the fact I had put in a special request to be near to entertainment due to my hubbys health we were at the bottom of a steep incline. his was over looked but I think it was because head office didn't word it very well. Nothing to do with the site.
No one deserves a special mention because with out any one of them, it wouldn't be the same.
Thanks for a lovely week Lower Hyde.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking or in a wheel chair, you must let them know. It is quite hilly.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kate M

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is fantastic to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your recent holiday to Lower Hyde. I am delighted to hear that your accommodation was spotless, we have a lovely housekeeping team who work very hard to keep our accommodation spotlessly clean. It is also wonderful that you found all of our staff on site to be friendly and helpful, we have a great team here at Lower Hyde. Hopefully you will come back and see us again next year, if you let our reception team know if you have special requests before you arrive they can make a note on your booking for you. Thank you once again for your lovely review and we hope to see you next year!