Our party consisted of 2 Adults and a girl aged 8 and a boy aged 7. I wasn't expecting much, however I was pleasantly surprised. The location of our particular Caravan was in a nice quiet spot with beautiful views. The caravan it's self met with our requirements for a mini break and was clean and spacious.
The children enjoyed splashing around in the outside swimming pool ( weather was warm ) the downside is the pool is very small and doesn't have enough seats for the holiday makers, there is room for improvement and could have real potential if a refurbishment is coming up. There was one Lifeguard, who reminded me of Boyce from only "Fools and Horses" and was rather obnoxious, the blond hair, long face, looking one!
Entertainment - the young team made an effort and didn't seem too bad in my opinion, my children seem to embrace the kids dances etc. Friday nights main entertainment was an odd comedy magic act, was in a word Bazarre and would of been booed of Britains Got Talent, quicker than Usain Bolt can run the 100 meters.
The bar team would of benefited from having more staff on as at times there were large queues. There was one unpleasant young lady who worked in the Sparkys Corner, dark haired, who could of done with smiling and saying thank you from time/time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Shanklin, with stunning sandy beaches and delightful coloured beach huts, Lower Hyde is great for families and lovers of the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Lower Hyde Holiday Park - Park Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lower Hyde Holiday Park - Park Hotel Shanklin
- Lower Hyde Holiday Park - Park Resorts Shanklin, Isle Of Wight