Lower Hyde Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our party consisted of 2 Adults and a girl aged 8 and a boy aged 7. I wasn't expecting much, however I was pleasantly surprised. The location of our particular Caravan was in a nice quiet spot with beautiful views. The caravan it's self met with our requirements for a mini break and was clean and spacious.

The children enjoyed splashing around in the outside swimming pool ( weather was warm ) the downside is the pool is very small and doesn't have enough seats for the holiday makers, there is room for improvement and could have real potential if a refurbishment is coming up. There was one Lifeguard, who reminded me of Boyce from only "Fools and Horses" and was rather obnoxious, the blond hair, long face, looking one!

Entertainment - the young team made an effort and didn't seem too bad in my opinion, my children seem to embrace the kids dances etc. Friday nights main entertainment was an odd comedy magic act, was in a word Bazarre and would of been booed of Britains Got Talent, quicker than Usain Bolt can run the 100 meters.

The bar team would of benefited from having more staff on as at times there were large queues. There was one unpleasant young lady who worked in the Sparkys Corner, dark haired, who could of done with smiling and saying thank you from time/time.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank zigrue123
Park R, General Manager at Lower Hyde Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for your lovely four star review. I am pleased to read that you were comfortable in your caravan for the duration of your stay.
Meadow View is a newly developed part of the park, which is near to both the Lower Hyde and Landguard entertainment complexes. All the units on this area are new to the park and as you mentioned they offer parking next to the caravans. They also have gas central heating and double glazing which is a bonus in the cooler months.
We are sorry to hear you did not have enough kitchen equipment; we can supply extra Kitchen utensils if requested at reception. We would have also been happy to change the mattress for you.
It’s great to read that you have booked to return to us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

01983 866 131

Write a ReviewReviews (1,282)

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was our second year running at Lower Hyde and we also re-booked for next year before we left as we love the I.O.W and Lower Hyde offers everything we need for our stay. We booked a Sun holiday for the Silver accommodation but found on arrival we had been given a brand new Gold caravan in the new Meadow View area. This is at the very far end of the site, almost within Languard but it was so peaceful and quiet and had its own parking spot right outside for each caravan.

The caravan itself was immaculate and quite spacious and well equipped. The downsides were that there never seems to be enough oven trays or a working can opener and every year we forget to bring our own! Also, there were only 5 available plug sockets, 1 in each bedroom (nowhere near the bed) and 3 in the kitchen. Not very useful at all when you both want to charge your mobile phones next to the bed each night or in the case of my son's room, he had to chose between his nightlight and music. I also found the bed in the main bedroom to be extremely uncomfortable but my husband thought it was ok so maybe it was just me!

Being Gold and new, the caravan had double glazing and central heating which was very handy as the weather wasnt great.

We didnt use any of the park facilities this year as we went out early each day and didnt return until late and wanted to get our young son fed and in bed. We did use them last year and from what I remember, they were very good but you need to get to the entertainment early to get a seat, especially in school holidays!

Looking forward to coming back May 2015!

Room Tip: Book Gold standard upwards if travelling at chillier times of year to get the double glazing and cen...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda S

Thank you for your amazing five star review. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you continue to do so year after year. Each of our departments work very hard throughout the season to respond to problems quickly and we try to ensure that each guest has a great stay with us. We do strive for an excellent standard of customer service, so I am glad that you experienced this during your stay. Thank you once again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Every year seems to be better than the previous, reception maintainance and security are quick to respond to queries or any problems entertainment team are second to none friendly welcoming and made the holiday. Both our children absolutely loved their stay and so did the adults. A real variety of adult entertainment and the best kids club. Definately coming back again

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your great five star review. It is wonderful to read that you were pleased with all aspects of your break and that you would recommend us to your friends and family. We hope that you return again in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I originally booked to pitch my tent at Landguard and was told 5 days before arriving that the pitches weren't ready and we were being moved the Lower Hyde. I was very disappointed as I had friends staying in a mobile home at Landguard which was the whole point of the holiday. My daughter and I stayed in our tent on the touring field. On arrival we were told we could find our own pitch but the first we tried had deep tyre imprints that were full of muddy water. The grass was very long too and needed a cut. Apart from that the pitch was a good size and the facilities (toilet, shower and washing up) were very clean and well maintained.

My daughter used the outdoor pool and unlike most outdoor pools that say they are heated, this one actually was. It was funny to hear everyone's reaction when they got in and said 'ooh it really is warm'.

We popped into the evening entertainment but you have to get there early to get a table. We weren't really interested so weren't bothered about seeing it. It was very popular though.

I would say this is a great resort if you have kids as there is plenty to keep them occupied.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 73Happy_Camper90
Park R, General Manager at Lower Hyde Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your review regarding your recent camping holiday with us. We do apologise for your move to Lower Hyde. Unfortunately the Landguard site is not yet open but we do have great camping facilities, and although pitched at Lower Hyde you are able to use the entertainment complexes at both sites.

Due to the extremely wet weather conditions we have experienced recently, some of the pitches are still muddy underfoot. The weather has now improved and the site is drying out but I apologise that you experienced this. We are glad that you had the opportunity to use the heated outdoor pool, which is very popular during the summer months. Our entertainment programme and facilities are provided to ensure all age groups have a wonderful holiday experience with Park Resorts.

I hope that you will visit us again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely stay yet again .. Wasn't sure on the accomodation at first i thought it looked more silver grade than gold but after 2 days it really grew on me lovely caravan.. Not so happy about my meal at the new barn house. My choice was cheese and pot pie .. I also asked for baked beans instead of peas thats what I got but with mash and gravy all over it not sure gravy goes with baked beans i will eat here again on next stay but that won't be my option plus I was waiting around 20-25 min for it to come i was disappointed but you cant fault this park see u soon already booked up for the next one .

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your review. With all grades of caravan the model types may vary, with the décor and layouts being slightly different in each. This can sometimes make guests think that they are in an incorrect van as it may differ from previous visits, but all units have certain criteria to meet to be graded so each would have the appropriate amenities in them.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the restaurant. As with many eating establishments there can be a wait on food during busy periods but I apologise that you experienced this.

We look forward to your return and thank you once again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed in a silver caravan for a four night break that only cost £143 including car ferry which is very cheap.

Caravan was as you would expect with 2 bedrooms though there were only two of us, with a fully equipped kitchen, very decent shower for a caravan and plenty of seating including a table to eat at, all in a very peaceful and relaxing park where you could hear the birds singing morning till night.

Facilities seemed ok with an indoor pool, bar and entertainment hall but they are quite pricey compared to what pub prices are but the upside is that its on your doorstep.

Only downside I would say is the bed was uncomfortable but this was easily remedied using one of the duvets from the other bedroom to lie upon and there were no instructions on how to work the gas fire which would have been helpful having all electric at home as it was chilly in the morning.

These minor things aside this is a great park and base to explore the island and at a price as good as a B&B but with the added flexibility of having a load more room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our Silver caravans offer great accommodation with heating throughout, fully equipped kitchen, and an earlier check-in than the Bronze, at 2.30pm.

I am sorry that you found the beds to be slightly uncomfortable but am glad that this was easily rectified. We have recently provided booklets in the caravans detailing instructions on how to work appliances such as the gas fire but I am sorry if you did not locate this manual and struggled to light the fire. Our maintenance team are always happy to come and show guests how to work the fires if requested at reception.

We hope to see you again in the future and thank you once again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Absolute bargain through Groupon. Bronze caravan was nice enough for the stay. Although it was a bit chilly in the morning. Shanklin is a great place to stay and an excellent base to explore the island.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your recent review. We are glad to read that you were comfortable in your allocated caravan. Our bronze units only have heating in the main lounge area so I am sorry that you were a bit cold in the mornings. We can provide extra heaters on request.

Lower Hyde is located in a beautiful area close to Shanklin town with good bus/train links, making it an ideal base for exploring the Island.

Thank you once again and we hope you will return soon.

01983 866 131

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
Whitecliff Bay Holiday Park
Luccombe Manor Country House Hotel
Luccombe Hall Hotel
Luccombe Hall Hotel
#6 of 51 in Shanklin

Been to Lower Hyde Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!