This was given 5 stars on the basis that we had good company (extended family), great weather, a brand new caravan and an amazing deal. - we booked last year, so got it for the same price etc. The location of the caravan was good - Locks Green - very close to the amenities, but quiet as well. My young daughter loved the swimming pool etc, whilst my 17 year old nephew loved the late evening entertainment. I generally left the entertainment at 10pm with my young daughter as it began to get rather adulty, which was a bit of a shame (lap dancing competitions etc). It would have been nice to keep all the entertainment in a family vein, so we could have stayed a little longer. Overall, the location of the site is great. It takes under 10 mins to walk to the beach. Lidls is less than 5 mins away, so you can eat cheapily. The reception staff were very helpful. If you get a good deal, this is ideal. If you get good weather, it rivals many foreign holidays, and without the hassle of flying etc. Thanks for a lovely time Lower Hyde, and yes, we have already booked for next year....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Shanklin, with stunning sandy beaches and delightful coloured beach huts, Lower Hyde is great for families and lovers of the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Lower Hyde Holiday Park - Park Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lower Hyde Holiday Park - Park Hotel Shanklin
- Lower Hyde Holiday Park - Park Resorts Shanklin, Isle Of Wight