I have just spent two weeks at lower Hyde touring park, I have to say I had a wonderful time (we had great weather so that helped) the two ladies who manage the touring park (Lin and Marisa) are wonderful, very helpful and nothing seems to be any trouble to them (actually one thing does but I will get to that in a while) I have also to mention Lorraine in main reception who helped me amend my ferry booking and the security team for looking after my autistic sons scooter when he accidentally left it at the clubhouse one night. We enjoyed the everything the park had to offer, and we have rebooked to return next year! As I mentioned above there is one thing that does seem a problem for the touring team and that seems to be a man who works there and I can only say ( as I don't have his name ) he has something to do with Gas bottles! This man is the most miserable Sod I have ever heard, I had the misfortune of being in this mans immediate area on 4 occasions, the first he was walking up the main road shouting at two lads ( to get off the park ) when they informed him they were paying guests he said "well you better have passes because I will make sure you don't get back on here" I then on two occasions heard him berate the touring team ( in front of guests, in his constant monotonous whine about gas bottles, when the young girl tried to answer him he just shouted he down, one guest looked very embarrassed and walked away from the office with her child, he then while I was having my ferry amended walked in and started moaning about the touring team, to the lady who was serving me, in front of an office full of guests!
I would happily rate this park 5 stars, but can't unless someone at Park Resorts addresses staff professionalism or gives this man a non public facing Job, so go to Lower Hyde have fun, enjoy the helpful staff, but beware of the gas man!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Shanklin, with stunning sandy beaches and delightful coloured beach huts, Lower Hyde is great for families and lovers of the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Lower Hyde Holiday Park - Park Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lower Hyde Holiday Park - Park Hotel Shanklin
- Lower Hyde Holiday Park - Park Resorts Shanklin, Isle Of Wight