“Enjoyable Holiday”

Ranked #33 of 52 Hotels in Shanklin
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable Holiday”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We had a really good holiday with National Holidays at the Isle of Wight. We had a lovely room with a sea view. The room had been refurbished and was immaculate. Only complaint was the small shower, nowhere to put toiletries and water came out in a trickle. It was like standing under a dripping tap ! Such a shame as the room was very large and could have accommodated a bigger en-suite easily. Food was very good and our waitress Monika was very efficient and always smiling. Entertainment was OK, but I would have liked a bit more variety. We had the same songs nearly every night. Would certainly come back. to the Shanklin Beach Hotel.The management and staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome

Room Tip: Go for the Sea View rooms & get lulled to sleep by the waves
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank carol_brown207
Noel W, General Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Hi Carol

So gald that your stay was an enjoyable one and thank oyu for the marvelous comments.
So sorry about teh shower. Did you happen to mention to the front desk of this? It sounds like maybe a plugged shower head. If you care to email me directly with the room number I will certainly check this out. noelwatt@shanklinbeachhotel.com
Many regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This was our first visit to the I.O.W.After a long journey from the North we were greeted by friendly staff,Our room was clean,beds were comfy,food was delicious,entertainment was ok but the 3rd nights entertainment was excellent and if you had a query the staff were only too happy to oblige and try to rectify it.We will certainly be visiting again.

3 Thank Bea H
Noel W, General Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Bea, your report was great to read, thank you for taking the time to share your pleasent experaiance with Expedia readers.
I am very happy to hear that my staff did exceed your expectations and will certianly pass your tidings on to them.
Thanks again for visiting us at the Shanklin Beach Hotel it ws indeed our pleasure to be your host.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Just come back from a 5 day holiday here. My wife and I were very impressed. The room was out of ' The Hotel Inspector' . Spotlessly clean; carpet was new , recently decorated too. The towels and bedding were spotless as well. The carpets on stairs and landings looked as if they had been fitted in the last week. The food was nicely cooked, (we even had Pheasant one night) The staff were pleasant and helpful . altogether a very good impression.
The only fault ,to my eyes ,was that the balcony was being re-decked so we couldn't sit out ,but that should be done within the next week . Would definitely go back (if they'll have us)

Room Tip: Try and get a room wiyh a view.
2 Thank David P
David, thank you for taking the time and writing a great report for us.I hear many positive comments from our guest, however its certianly a pleasure to read them as well.
The decking has now been finished and looks fantastic, we hope that you will enjoy it on your next visit . The pheasent was my chef's personal touch and we are very glad you enjoyed it..
Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Sutton Courtenay, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Just had 5 days at this hotel.Much inproved since my last visit in may,new doors on bedrooms,varnished bar, and polished bar floor. The balcony was nearly compleated soon be able to sit back outside your bedroom. Food as usual was very good,hot and good selection. I enjoy the artist at night nice to have music and no bingo.My room was very clean beds made every day ,clean towels when needed.Best of all the location on sea front,some small shops ,grazy golf,nice walks,cafe on beach, arcade,nice bar at hotel. All rooms not yet had makeover if not done yet,bit tired to look at but very clean.will go back in september to see how its coming along.

Room Tip: what ever you get just make best of it,the location is great,dont forget its not 4 star.for what yo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Roderick D H
Noel W, General Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Your comments were very well received and on behalf of myself and all my staff, thank you very much. We appreciate your understanding of the renovation process currently underway, especially as the Irish Bar is beiong converted to a great Steakhouse. Your return in Sept will be welcomed by us all.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2013

4 night stay at the hotel. The room we had was unpleasant and the bathroom was filthy, No toilet brush available and there was no hot water even thou we reported it several times. The food portions was very small and nothing to look forward to. The receptionist did not have a clue how to direct us to our room as we was told the Manager has decided to change the whole lay out. Staff need to smile more and could be a lot more helpful. The hotel is worse then some of the reviews we read and would never return

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SUNSHINE A
Very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will of course delete you from any future visits you may have planned for our Hotel. Thank you for sharing your views with us.

Travellers are raving about these Shanklin hotels

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I have just spent a 4 nights break at this hotel with" NATIONAL HOLIDAYS" and after reading the reviews before I came I was not looking forward to the visit how ever the room we were given was on the ground floor a decent size clean and newly emulsioned the bathroom was ok but no shower being disabled I could not get into the bath it was roomy though but one fault there was no shelf or anywhere to put your toiletries and the toilet was very hard to flush, the staff were all very polite and helpful , the Enterainment was poor on the 1st night average the second night stayed in room 3rd night the last night was brilliant a trip down memory lane, now on to the food well I thought it was very poor and rationed and its the only hotel (and I have been to many over the years ) where they don't leave a pot of tea and coffee on the table they pure you a cup oy and you have to ask for more they do leave a pot of tea out for breakfast though, would I go back yes to Isle of Wight but No not to this Hotel but as my friend says you get what you pay for, so next time I will pay extra xx

1 Thank 114margaret114
Noel W, General Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Your comments are of course very welcomed, and we are sorry that the food did not meet your expectations. We are one of the few coach Hotels that still offer table service for dinner and breakfast. It will be on the agenda next year to provide a buffet service as well. Although the food is served in portions any guest that requires a second , third or even fourth helping would never be refused. Thank you for your input and we hope your visit on the Isle of Wight was at least a pleasent memory.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Travelled with Maxfield coaches to this hotel with the over 60s club from Northampton. This was our first coach trip. I had read the reviews and in some cases wished I hadn't. There was no porterage on arrival which would have been helpful especially as finding the rooms was up two steps and down four on occasions. THe meals were excellent, I think they were the best we have ever had. Staff were very helpful as we were not happy on the position of our dining table and it was moved for our next visit. Our room had been redecorated, albeit a coat of emulsion over the wallpaper but it was done tastefully. The ensuite was the only problem as it was tiny and the shower (no bath) was too small for even one person. Evening entertainment was dire. Nevertheless we had a good time and thank you to our coach drivers and the staff who made it so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Sea view is better but it costs more
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lesley068
Noel W, General Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Your comments were appreciated, thank you. I understand your concern for porterage and its very difficult to arrange summer porterage help on the Isle, myself and my staff are always available to assist those who are unable to carry their own luggage, all they need do is ask or alert us on arrival.
Happy to hear you did enjoy your stay on our lovely Isle and hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
The Burlington Hotel
The Harrow Lodge Hotel
The Harrow Lodge Hotel
#11 of 52 in Shanklin
Luccombe Manor Country House Hotel

Been to Shanklin Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!