“FANTASTIC BREAK”

Shanklin Beach Hotel
Ranked #37 of 51 Hotels in Shanklin
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a 5 day break with National Holidays staying at the Shanklin Beach hotel Only one word sums it up for us, FANTASTIC. From the hotel location, the rooms, lovely view, with balcony, cleanliness, not forgetting the food. It was our Ruby wedding whilst we was away and I wanted a romantic meal for my wife (a fair swap I think) on mentioning this to the Manager. Noel, he suggested a meal in Foleys adjacent, and part of the Hotel this I agreed to I only expected a table for two in a quiet corner, What a surprise a small room just for two, all the table decorated. WOW what a surprise. we thought we were royalty. and the food was fantastic. a very special thanks to Noel (the manager) Shell (on reception) Nick (on the bar) and of course our lovely waitress Casey. It was down to all of you that we had such a fantastic break Thank you can,t wait to come back Ken & Florena Bigby

2  Thank ken b
Noel W, General Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Ken & Florena, your kind remarks are most welcome, however it was our pleasure to be your host.
Myself and all my staff had a marvelous time with you.ANd the Ribies you gave Florena well ...wow.
We all look foward to your emerald anniversary , please visit us again when you can. Regards

Noel

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I read the reviews before arriving so expected the worst. My wife and I had requested a room with a bath as this is more suitable for my medical conditions, on going to our room we found it had only a small shower. at reception they said that room 124 should have a bath on saying we could not find it we were told to come back the next day but the next day we were told that the manager said there were no rooms empty till two days later.
My Niggle with this was, one the manager did not tell us himself that he could not help us, two, two ladies in our party had requested a shower and were in a room with a bath and three the staff on reception did not know which rooms had baths and which rooms had showers.
After this slight upset we settled in and enjoyed our stay, we counted our blessings with the room because it was a scorching week and room 124 was at the back of the hotel facing north and facing the cliff so it was one of the coolest rooms in the hotel the food was excellent and quite plentiful one or two of the staff appeared new and a bit lacking in training but Ramone did a good job of managing them and Vicky was very pleasant,
Overall this was a very good hotel clean and pleasant with generally helpful staff we enjoyed our 6 night stay with Ropers Tours and would heartily recommend the hotel to family and friends,
Mr Colin Tilleard

Room Tip: Double check special requests personally before travel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank prof37
Noel W, General Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for the review, and I do apologise that you had a "niggle". As you could attest the Hotel was full with 168 guest and therefore I was unable to attend personally to every guest as needed..
I do feel that your comment regards my staff was however unwarranted, for in fact it was one room out of the 89 rooms we have that was not in the system properly (bath / shower), my staff are very well versed in with the room layouts and amenities and rely on information at their perusal., to say in a blanket statement they did not know which rooms had showers or baths is in fact a falseness.
When we receive the room request from the coach companies we do try to accomdate as best as possible, however if people do not request a shower or bath they are assigned at random as we have a 50/50 ration baths to showers.
We are glad that you did enjoy your brief time with us and welcome you back at your leisure.
Regards

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We have just returned from a seven day holiday with National Holidays, staying at the Shanklin Beach Hotel. Initial issues with the rooms were immediately resolved after speaking to the Manager, who couldn't have been more helpful. Indeed all the staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel was clean and the food was very good and we could certainly recommend it. It is in a prime position overlooking the beach in Shanklin and only a short walk to the cliff lift up into the town centre.

Room Tip: The front facing sea view rooms with a terrace are lovely and worth paying a little more for if you...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank YorkshireDiscerning
Noel W, General Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you for your kind words and phriase. It certainly was our pleasure to have you as our guest. Very happy I was able to sort out the room issue quickly for you, your understanding and patience was welcomed.
We all hope that will come back and see us again real soon..
Regards

Noel

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here last minute for weekend away in IoW. Room (and the hotel itself) newly decorated with nice shower (could be a bit more powerful but not bad), new decking outside and a marvellous view over the beach. Staff very friendly and large car park out back which did look a bit messy, but a car park is a car park. Breakfast good, but one major letdown was what seemed like packet scrambled eggs which were horrible indeed. If they could get that right then it would be really amazing. We would stay here again and congrats to the owner overall.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, have a balcony. It is amazing.
2  Thank spencerallen
Noel W, General Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I know the coaches departing at 7 am was not what you bargained for, and I do apologise for that. Your understanding was and is appreciated. As well thank you for the input on the eggs. They are made fresh with local eggs, I spoke to the chef and explained your concerns he promises to keep a closer eyeon them in the future.
The view is wonderful I agree, and the best part of my job here is that I get to see it every day.
Cheers and we hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and I spent 5 days with National Holidays from 3rd-7th July at this hotel, and I must admit I had read some bad reviews on Trip Advisor about it but we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The room was clean and we had fresh towels every day. Every one of the Staff that we spoke to were helpful, friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The food was great, hot, clean plates and cutlery and the waiter and waitresses would get you second portions if you wanted it. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The entertainment on the Wednesday was a bloke who sung all the oldies that we hadn't heard of for years and he was fantastic. Thank you for a lovely stay and we would definitely stay there again.

5  Thank Shirley B
Noel W, General Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Shirley
Thank you for your review and glad that the bad reviews did not deter your recent visit with us.
It was certainly our pleasure to have you visit us and on behalf of myself and all my staff , we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We had a really good holiday with National Holidays at the Isle of Wight. We had a lovely room with a sea view. The room had been refurbished and was immaculate. Only complaint was the small shower, nowhere to put toiletries and water came out in a trickle. It was like standing under a dripping tap ! Such a shame as the room was very large and could have accommodated a bigger en-suite easily. Food was very good and our waitress Monika was very efficient and always smiling. Entertainment was OK, but I would have liked a bit more variety. We had the same songs nearly every night. Would certainly come back. to the Shanklin Beach Hotel.The management and staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome

Room Tip: Go for the Sea View rooms & get lulled to sleep by the waves
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank carol_brown207

Hi Carol

So gald that your stay was an enjoyable one and thank oyu for the marvelous comments.
So sorry about teh shower. Did you happen to mention to the front desk of this? It sounds like maybe a plugged shower head. If you care to email me directly with the room number I will certainly check this out. noelwatt@shanklinbeachhotel.com
Many regards

Reviewed 5 July 2013

This was our first visit to the I.O.W.After a long journey from the North we were greeted by friendly staff,Our room was clean,beds were comfy,food was delicious,entertainment was ok but the 3rd nights entertainment was excellent and if you had a query the staff were only too happy to oblige and try to rectify it.We will certainly be visiting again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bea H
Noel W, General Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

Bea, your report was great to read, thank you for taking the time to share your pleasent experaiance with Expedia readers.
I am very happy to hear that my staff did exceed your expectations and will certianly pass your tidings on to them.
Thanks again for visiting us at the Shanklin Beach Hotel it ws indeed our pleasure to be your host.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
2 mi away
#9 of 29 in Sandown
Palmerston Grange
Palmerston Grange
#22 of 51 in Shanklin

Been to Shanklin Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!