“Does what it says on the tin”

and 1 more site!
Shanklin Beach Hotel
Ranked #33 of 52 Hotels in Shanklin
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Does what it says on the tin”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Very enjoyable stay at the Shanklin Beach on a National holiday. Very pleasant helpful staff, excellent service, ideal location. Given the budget limits imposed on them by National, the food is very good, and very promptly served. It's not a 5 star hotel, but it doesn't pretend to be; it's a very good 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: 2nd floor bay window room with beautiful sea view (and chaise longue!)
3 Thank TomBSm
Noel W, General Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Tom, very nice comments thank you. It was certainly our pleasure having you and your lovely wife as our guest and hope that you return to see us again soon. I will pass on your compliments to all the staff.

Noel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Been here for a weeks stay food was very poor, room ok bathroom poor kept leavin towels for wash but kept getting hung back up had to go to reception to get them changed. Waiter was very good but overall would not recommend!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Lol16
Noel W, General Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, as previous comments will attest the rest of your group did enjoy the food and overall experiance. However we do learn from our guest feedback, but there must be some in order for us to ascertain what in fact if anytrhing was wrong with your food? And as for the towels, I do recall our receptionist mentioning to you several times that towels must be placed on the floor if you want them to be replaced, as the sign in all our bathrooms and rooms display this message. Towels that are left on the bed or over the chairs will not be changed unless requested. All said I think you are bitter about life in general and shouldnt be taking it out on good staff who tried to make your stay an enjoyable one.

Travellers are raving about these Shanklin hotels

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My wife and I have just come back from a 5 day break with National Holidays and I must say this hotel was excellent. The sea view room with a balcony and decking was superb and the room was spotless. All the staff were very friendly and could not do enough for you in particular the waitress in the restaurant. The breakfast was 10/10 and the evening meal was again superb with plenty of choice and great helpings. The staff in the bar were wonderful and with a great pint of Guinness what more could you ask for. We are looking forward to going back next year and can't wait to experience it all over again.
Jim & Beverley Woodward, Hartlepool

Room Tip: Worth the small charge for a sea view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jim W
Jim & Beverley your comments were certianly appreciated and welcomed and we look forward to your return visit.
hull
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a 5 day break with National Holidays staying at the Shanklin Beach hotel Only one word sums it up for us, FANTASTIC. From the hotel location, the rooms, lovely view, with balcony, cleanliness, not forgetting the food. It was our Ruby wedding whilst we was away and I wanted a romantic meal for my wife (a fair swap I think) on mentioning this to the Manager. Noel, he suggested a meal in Foleys adjacent, and part of the Hotel this I agreed to I only expected a table for two in a quiet corner, What a surprise a small room just for two, all the table decorated. WOW what a surprise. we thought we were royalty. and the food was fantastic. a very special thanks to Noel (the manager) Shell (on reception) Nick (on the bar) and of course our lovely waitress Casey. It was down to all of you that we had such a fantastic break Thank you can,t wait to come back Ken & Florena Bigby

2 Thank ken b
Noel W, General Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Ken & Florena, your kind remarks are most welcome, however it was our pleasure to be your host.
Myself and all my staff had a marvelous time with you.ANd the Ribies you gave Florena well ...wow.
We all look foward to your emerald anniversary , please visit us again when you can. Regards

Port d'Alcudia, Spain
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I read the reviews before arriving so expected the worst. My wife and I had requested a room with a bath as this is more suitable for my medical conditions, on going to our room we found it had only a small shower. at reception they said that room 124 should have a bath on saying we could not find it we were told to come back the next day but the next day we were told that the manager said there were no rooms empty till two days later.
My Niggle with this was, one the manager did not tell us himself that he could not help us, two, two ladies in our party had requested a shower and were in a room with a bath and three the staff on reception did not know which rooms had baths and which rooms had showers.
After this slight upset we settled in and enjoyed our stay, we counted our blessings with the room because it was a scorching week and room 124 was at the back of the hotel facing north and facing the cliff so it was one of the coolest rooms in the hotel the food was excellent and quite plentiful one or two of the staff appeared new and a bit lacking in training but Ramone did a good job of managing them and Vicky was very pleasant,
Overall this was a very good hotel clean and pleasant with generally helpful staff we enjoyed our 6 night stay with Ropers Tours and would heartily recommend the hotel to family and friends,
Mr Colin Tilleard

Room Tip: Double check special requests personally before travel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank prof37
Noel W, General Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for the review, and I do apologise that you had a "niggle". As you could attest the Hotel was full with 168 guest and therefore I was unable to attend personally to every guest as needed..
I do feel that your comment regards my staff was however unwarranted, for in fact it was one room out of the 89 rooms we have that was not in the system properly (bath / shower), my staff are very well versed in with the room layouts and amenities and rely on information at their perusal., to say in a blanket statement they did not know which rooms had showers or baths is in fact a falseness.
When we receive the room request from the coach companies we do try to accomdate as best as possible, however if people do not request a shower or bath they are assigned at random as we have a 50/50 ration baths to showers.
We are glad that you did enjoy your brief time with us and welcome you back at your leisure.
Yorkshire
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We have just returned from a seven day holiday with National Holidays, staying at the Shanklin Beach Hotel. Initial issues with the rooms were immediately resolved after speaking to the Manager, who couldn't have been more helpful. Indeed all the staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel was clean and the food was very good and we could certainly recommend it. It is in a prime position overlooking the beach in Shanklin and only a short walk to the cliff lift up into the town centre.

Room Tip: The front facing sea view rooms with a terrace are lovely and worth paying a little more for if you...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank YorkshireDiscerning
Noel W, General Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thank you for your kind words and phriase. It certainly was our pleasure to have you as our guest. Very happy I was able to sort out the room issue quickly for you, your understanding and patience was welcomed.
We all hope that will come back and see us again real soon..

Whiteley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here last minute for weekend away in IoW. Room (and the hotel itself) newly decorated with nice shower (could be a bit more powerful but not bad), new decking outside and a marvellous view over the beach. Staff very friendly and large car park out back which did look a bit messy, but a car park is a car park. Breakfast good, but one major letdown was what seemed like packet scrambled eggs which were horrible indeed. If they could get that right then it would be really amazing. We would stay here again and congrats to the owner overall.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, have a balcony. It is amazing.
2 Thank spencerallen
Noel W, General Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I know the coaches departing at 7 am was not what you bargained for, and I do apologise for that. Your understanding was and is appreciated. As well thank you for the input on the eggs. They are made fresh with local eggs, I spoke to the chef and explained your concerns he promises to keep a closer eyeon them in the future.
The view is wonderful I agree, and the best part of my job here is that I get to see it every day.
Cheers and we hope you will return again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
The Burlington Hotel
Royal Esplanade Hotel
The Harrow Lodge Hotel
The Harrow Lodge Hotel
#9 of 52 in Shanklin

Been to Shanklin Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!