“We'll be back”

The Roseberry Hotel
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Shanklin
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We booked a last minute, 3 day holiday, for ourselves and our 8 year old grandson. We couldn't have picked a better location, just 5 minutes from both Shanklin old village (with it's good selection of restaurants) and the beach. Luis and Carole, Georgie and their son made us all extremely welcome from the minute we arrived. Excellent breakfasts with plenty of choice and friendly, efficient service. Our room had everything we needed and the bar and children's room were an added bonus. We had such a good time we decided to stay another night. We checked out on our last morning and were allowed to leave our car in the car park and, without asking, Carole offered us the use of a bathroom so that when we returned from the beach our grandson could wash off all the sand before our journey home. Try getting that in Spain!! All in all, a great family run small hotel, child friendly and extremely good value for money. We're hoping to return next year.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

I have spent the August Bank Holiday weekend for the fourth year running at the Rosebery Hotel with a number of my friends for the scooter rally. I have received excellent service and care from Luis,Carol,family and staff. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the breakfast is second to none! I have always thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would highly reccomend the Rosebery Hotel to anyone. I have already booked for next year and look foreward to it.

Thank you Luis and Carol for another great weekend!

All the best Trev Bees.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Alexei, dad: great value, second home better than first one. Need to sell flat first things when back to London :-). Stayed 7nights here
Irina, mam: very home atmosphere
Arina, 12y.o.: I loved it. Playing play station was very fun.
Platon, 8 y.o.:I loved to watch a film
Miron, 8 y.o.: I liked the food, beans on toste.
Maria, 2 y.o.: Yes! :-)
aabykov3@yahoo.com

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I am hoping to put your mind at rest if you are trying to decide whether or not to book in to the Roseberry Hotel.( Please note the name as i feel others might have got the wrong hotel...)
We had 2 rooms there recently for a long weekend, ages 4,11,30,s and me nearly 60.
It is the sweetest, cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. the rooms were both delightful and decorated to compliment the gentle feeling you get when on the island.
I can 't fault it at all, the family running it were lovely, the kitchen on view...and spotless.
Breakfasts were gorgeous.
Beds comfortable , room well colour co-ordinated and provided all we needed.
Play room for children of all ages, including, playstation and video with choice of films.
A bar, and even a veranda to sit out on. the garden was equipt with garden furniture and outdoor toys for the children. Off road car parking,It is in an ideal position for beach, shops, restaurents, and site seeing.Nothing was too much trouble for the owners.
what more can i say, ignore all the reviews that say it is smelly and grubby....I just wish my house was as clean....wow.... well done. If i return to the island i will certainly stay here.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

My son and myself travelled to the Isle Of Wight for the scooter rally and stayed at the Roseberry Hotel in Shanklin. We used a large van to transport the scooters, and I was a little worried whether we would be allowed to park on the premises. no worries the proprietors gave us plenty of room even to unlode them each day. We met friends there also, 8 of us altogether, again no worries, dining room tables were moved by the proprietors so we could all sit together. Rooms again all close to one another. The rooms were vert clean and tidy, fresh towels every day, tea and coffee replenished every day. Breakfast, probably one of the best, just about every cereal you can imagine, fruit, fruit juices and large full English breakfast, plus a choice of other things to suit your requirements. The owners are very friendly and ready to accomodate any requirements you have. For the price we payed I think it was excellent value for the money. We were made very welcome and we will definately go there again. Wayne and Dan Bell, Gloucester.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Just to say a big thank you to Luis, Carol and family for a great holiday.
Hotel is fantastic value for money and the service second to none.
Nothing is too much for them.
All areas of the hotel and rooms are well cleaned and well looked after.
Great atmosphere with the other residents, everybody seemed as happy as we were.
The hotel is in a great location in Shanklin, just a very short walk from the centre of the old village with it's shops and great pubs and restaurants and the esplanade.

As I have said above, we will definitely be back next year, probably for longer than 5 nights to give us more time to travel around.

Thanks a lot,

Don, Susan and Nola.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

just got back from our stay at The Roseberry Hotel, it was our 3rd visit in as many years , and we had a fantastic time.
The hotel is cosy, very clean and we love the garden to sit and relax, and the owners so friendly, we felt very well looked after.
after reading one review i was shocked as it's hard to believe they stayed at the same place????
The food is very good, and the location is Perfect.
We would highly recommend the Roseberry, and look forward to going back next year :-)