The Steamer Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Shanklin
See available hotels
Aqua Hotel(Shanklin)
  • Beachfront
Brunswick Hotel(Shanklin)
The Clifton(Shanklin)
Esplanade Hotel(Shanklin)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewssteamersseafood chowderpeasside saladportion sizesan evening mealisle of wightoverlooking the seasea frontlovely locationwarm welcomewaiting staffdouble roomfamily roomthree nightsbiscuitsseafront
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I was visiting family on the island and so we booked a table Sunday lunchtime. Four of us had the roast need and one had the turkey. The portions were huge and everything was cooked to perfection!

The place was very clean and well kept with lots of sea paraphernalia. The staff were also so friendly giving our dogs (who were allowed in) a dog biscuit each!

There was a two piece band which was about to start just as I was leaving and I was gutted I missed out on that.

If I come to Isle of Wight again I would live to stay here, it had such a happy vibe and I really want to try their seafood chowder!!

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I went to the steamer inn on fri 18th of October & I had steak & ale pie with new potatoes & veg,it was lovely tasting pastry & the most tender meat & plenty of it too!
My gf had liver & bacon with mash & onion gravy & she said that it was very tasty & she got plenty of liver!
The food didn't take long to come & the staff were nice & friendly!
A lovely place to have a meal & in the daytime a great view of the sea too! ;-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Very good food and a good selection of ales on tap. I had steak which was perfectly adequate, albeit a little overdone for my liking. My husband had a Lamb tagine, which was very nice. The ice creams however are to die for, really lovely, well worth a visit if you are eating in shanklin.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicola W
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

After staying in Shanklin, we decided to walk down to the seafront and eat with a view of sand, sea and passing ships. I had Tandoori Chicken which consisted of Tandoori chicken breast, naan bread, mango chuntney dip, chunky chips and a lovely array of salad leaves. It came on a huge plate and was such good value for £10.95. My partner chose Smoked Haddock and broccoli gratin with a side salad and 2 large crusty bread chunks.He said it was by far the best meal he had tried on holiday and cost £10.25. We sat at front of the Inn and had a lovely view but we could of sat inside or on the decking which had outdoor heaters. Our only criticism was the price of drinks, just under 10 quid for Archers and lemonade and a pint of Stowford Press cider. However we would definitely recommend this. (We are 23 and 24 years old)

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank MrsLopy
Reviewed 5 September 2013

great location right overlooking seafront. rooms at front look out to sea. good value. staff very attentive and bar lots of fun. lots of seating inside and out, although it was a couple of months ago it was rather cool so outside not applicable. easy car parking at front, meter, but free at night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple