“Fantastic service and lovely guesthouse”
Review of St. Leonards

and 1 more site!
St. Leonards
Ranked #29 of 51 Shanklin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Weekend break on IOW. My sister has been given a 50% discount for single occupancy, and her double room is spacious, with a large and comfortable queen size bed. Our family room is spacious too. Both rooms are modern and decorated in a high standard. The ensuite bathroom was newly refurbished. The accommodation is in a excellent location in Shanklin, less than 10 minutes walk to the beach and the town centre.

The electrical shower is not as powerful as common power shower. The double bed in the family room is relevant small.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank YIDING

Reviewed 23 October 2011

I have stayed in this B&B a number of times, it was originally recommended by a friend of a friend and I have never stayed anywhere else! I have been with my boyfriend for a mini break, I have been over when the festival has been on and I have also stayed here when I have been over on business and with my Mum. It has worked well on all my visits and Mum really loved it. I love the location of this place it is conveniently located to walk into the heart of Shanklin Village in 5 minutes and you can also be by the sea within 5 minutes. You have everything you need from shops, cafes, bars, pubs and restaurants all within walking distance. I also love this place for the breakfasts. Great choice, cooked perfectly, presnted well and the service is always spot on.
The owners David and Christina could not be more welcoming. They even have a little bar and lounge area where we found drinks very well priced. I have stayed in 3 or 4 rooms here and been very happy with them, the beds are very comfortable, the rooms and en suites are very clean.
My only other tip is I have found for the summer months this place can get booked up quite early so best to book in advance.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank RaquelH007
Reviewed 28 August 2011

David and Christine are lovely hosts, they are very welcoming and friendly. The rooms are spotless and well presented. The breakfast menu is varied and the breakfasts are presented and cooked lovely. We came last year for the first time and were so impressed we came back and will retrun again.

Helen and Finley

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2011

david and christina have a warm welcome and tea tray waiting for guests on their arrival. rooms are bright,spacious,clean and inviting.breakfasts are tasty with a varied selection available- service is excellent. during our stay both christina and david were quick to help and readily gave useful local information to us. a big thank you to the team for making our holiday so lovely.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sarah b
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Excellent breakfast, very pleasant owners. Lovely, comfortable and clean rooms.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2011

real family asmosphere, very clean. excellent value for money. I was staying as a lone female as the rest of my family were camping,however, i felt very safe and comfortable during my stay. would definately recommend and stay there again.

Room Tip: very clean and comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank LyndaHowlett
Reviewed 21 July 2011

The room was very clean and comfortable and the en~suite was very clean and plenty of hot water ( lovely) .
The breakfast ...well... what can I say, the bacon... anything with bacon was absolutely gorgeous, so was the breakfast without bacon, you will have to try it (yum).
Dave and Christina are both lovely and friendly hosts and good for a chat and will help you to find things ie where the buses are.
we will be going there again and I recommend it most definitely.
You will love the bacon...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple