“Wonderful in every way”
Review of St. Leonards

St. Leonards
Ranked #29 of 51 Shanklin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at St Leonards (in room 5) for 3 nights over the Jubilee weekend. It was our first trip to the Isle of Wight and we're so pleased we chose to come to St. Leonards - it is a rare find indeed!

If there was a manual on how to run an exceptional guesthouse then they probably wrote it! Christina and David are the warmest hosts you'll ever meet. But what makes St. Leonards extra special is those little details and the attention to detail that is shown. They have thought of everything and couldn't be nicer or more helpful.

Our room was a good size and very, very quiet. It was also great value. The bed was really comfy. We had a good strength shower and lots of towels. Lots of choice for breakfast and the feel that nothing would be too much trouble. It's in a fantastic location - two minutes from the beach and Shanklin old village with all its traditional pubs and restaurants. (we highly recommend a meal at the Black Cat thai restaurant. It was by far the best food we had on our whole trip - just make sure you book a table and you won't be disappointed. Two course meal for two plus bottle of wine was around £45).

I spend a lot of time reading reviews to choose where we will stay when we visit a new place, and this is one of the best places we have ever encountered. We plan to make this our home-from-home on the IOW when we return again!

Room Tip: Make it one at St Leonards!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HealthAngel

Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I had a fantastic stay at the St Leonards. We had never been to the IOW and Christina and David were very helpful, giving us instructions for buses, eating out etc.
Breakfasts were brilliant, and a great selection to choose from, even doing custom made ones, for folk who had difficulty choosing from the extensive menu!!
Room was lovely, very clean and modern, and the shower en-suite really nice. All were cleaned daily.
Great location, within a short walk to the beach, the old village or the town.
We would highly recommend this B&B to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue D
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Weekend break on IOW. My sister has been given a 50% discount for single occupancy, and her double room is spacious, with a large and comfortable queen size bed. Our family room is spacious too. Both rooms are modern and decorated in a high standard. The ensuite bathroom was newly refurbished. The accommodation is in a excellent location in Shanklin, less than 10 minutes walk to the beach and the town centre.

The electrical shower is not as powerful as common power shower. The double bed in the family room is relevant small.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank YIDING
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I have stayed in this B&B a number of times, it was originally recommended by a friend of a friend and I have never stayed anywhere else! I have been with my boyfriend for a mini break, I have been over when the festival has been on and I have also stayed here when I have been over on business and with my Mum. It has worked well on all my visits and Mum really loved it. I love the location of this place it is conveniently located to walk into the heart of Shanklin Village in 5 minutes and you can also be by the sea within 5 minutes. You have everything you need from shops, cafes, bars, pubs and restaurants all within walking distance. I also love this place for the breakfasts. Great choice, cooked perfectly, presnted well and the service is always spot on.
The owners David and Christina could not be more welcoming. They even have a little bar and lounge area where we found drinks very well priced. I have stayed in 3 or 4 rooms here and been very happy with them, the beds are very comfortable, the rooms and en suites are very clean.
My only other tip is I have found for the summer months this place can get booked up quite early so best to book in advance.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank RaquelH007
Reviewed 28 August 2011

David and Christine are lovely hosts, they are very welcoming and friendly. The rooms are spotless and well presented. The breakfast menu is varied and the breakfasts are presented and cooked lovely. We came last year for the first time and were so impressed we came back and will retrun again.

Helen and Finley

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2011

david and christina have a warm welcome and tea tray waiting for guests on their arrival. rooms are bright,spacious,clean and inviting.breakfasts are tasty with a varied selection available- service is excellent. during our stay both christina and david were quick to help and readily gave useful local information to us. a big thank you to the team for making our holiday so lovely.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sarah b
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Excellent breakfast, very pleasant owners. Lovely, comfortable and clean rooms.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple