“An excellent hotel”

Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Shanklin
Bath, United Kingdom
“An excellent hotel”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My wife and I have recently returned from a 3 night stay at the hotel. Our package was for half board and included the ferry to/from the mainland. From the moment we arrived, until we came to leave at the end of our stay, we loved the place. It was spotlessly clean and all the staff were very friendly and helpful.

The breakfasts and dinners were really very good, both in terms of quality and quantity.

We made use of the hotel pool on our last evening - it was beautifully warm and, again, spotlessly clean in both the pool area and the changing rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Have just returned from spending two days/two nights at this hotel with my husband and two children (9 years old and 14 months) We stayed in room 62 at the top which was spacious and allowed the children to sleep in one area and we slept in the main area. They provided a travel cot for our toddler and rang us back to confirm this. The room was clean and warm and the water in the bathroom hot. Overall we found the staff extremely helpful especially Neil whom we saw at breakfast and dinner.We found him exceptionally polite, helpful and professional. The swimming pool is great as it is not too deep (about 4ft) and a great temperature. They have an ironing room where you can also leave your swimming attire to dry. The breakfasts were extensive and filling. The dinners fair. We certainly did not go hungry and the cheese choices for after dinner was great! My only gripe was the shower. We had a handheld attachment and I would have loved something a bit more powerful. We booked the ferry with the hotel which was very cost effective. We travelled from Portsmouth to Fishbourne on their advice. Our views of the Channel were lovely and the beech is a short walk away with the option of crazy golf as well. Overall we have a lovely time and we would return. Thank you Channel View for making my first UK holiday in years a memorable, positive one.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms highly recommended. Would definitely go for the top floor again.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We have spend 2 nights in this wonderful hotel with my 8 month old son
The staff did everything they could to help us
Room was spotlessly clean and big
The view from the window was amazing
Swimming pool big and nice
Thank you again all staff at Channel view

• Stayed April 2013
Kent
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I have just returned from another wonderful experience at this exceptional Hotel. It was my birthday and the Hotel booked me in my favourite (double and sea view room) which was so kind as I was on my own. I had a surprise also, my friends stayed in the Hotel which I was not aware of and the Staff kept up the surprise by allowing them to move the car to the rear car park, so I would not see it, and also, helping them to hide before announcing the surprise to me.

The cleanliness of the Hotel is second to none, as well as the attitude and friendliness of all the Staff. My only regret was that the Tiramisu was not on the menu on this occasion.

Many, many thanks to all for the lovely time. I will see you all again in June.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are stunning.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank happytravellers2310
Welling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2013

A friend and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at this excellent hotel. The purpose was to surprise a friend on her birthday. A big thank you to all the staff who assisted in this secret. As soon as I walked into the hotel it felt warm and homely, all the communal areas were well decorated and very clean. All the staff were friendly and so helpful. The good sized bedroom was warm and extremely comfortable as was the en-suite bathroom. The food was superb, with good sized portions. The pool was clean and warm. To sum up we had a wonderful time and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Just come back from a 4 day break over the easter , this is the 4th time to this hotel with my wife and 2 grandchildren age 11 , & 12 thay have asked if thay can go next year ? . This is a lovely hotel good food cooked from scratch (not from a box) very friendly helpfull staff very clean and fresh and what a view over the english channel .Come to the I.O.W and stay at this hotel you will not be disappointed !

Room Tip: well worth the extra for a sea view
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Chard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Spent Easter weekend at the Channel view Hotel in Shanklin and had a wonderful time. It is a 3 star Hotel that is spotlessly clean through out, the bed linen was clean and crisp the towels soft and fluffy, the main things I look for when staying anywhere. The room we had was large and spacious with a lovely bay window over looking the sea ( thanks). The food was well cooked, good and varied.
The owner were very friendly and helpfull as was all the staff, so I would say give it a try you wont be dissappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
The Clifton
#7 of 52 in Shanklin
Trouville Hotel
Trouville Hotel
#4 of 29 in Sandown

Been to The Channel View Hotel? Share your experiences!