“Wonderful B&B”

Atholl Court Guest House
Ranked #37 of 51 Shanklin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in a wonderful room, wonderful breakfast, clean, tidy and a bucks fiz on arrival! would certainly recommend to friends and family as well as staying there again - and its a 2 min walk to the beach

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were greeted with a very friendly welcome despite being a couple of hours earlier of our check in time.

The room was comfortable and very clean with some nice touches including the make up wipes :-) The breakfast was great too! And this was all for a very reasonable price.

The highlight was the service though, helpful and friendly at all times in a non-intrusive way. Would love to go back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Not far off perfect from clean, tidy, well maintained rooms to a delicious breakfast and wonderful proprietors in Nikki and Peter. The highlights:

- warm welcome
- Buck's Fizz on arrival
- comfortable modem bed
- beautiful bathrooms
- lovely decor throughout
- fresh fluffy towels
- lovely toiletries (even make up wipes)
- decent kettle
- spacious rooms
- good flat screen TV
- good location for station, buses, beach, town and old village
- breakfast made to order

The downside

- probably not finding anywhere else as good at this price EVER!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

I was in a desperate need of a break and booked Atholl Court with a short notice. I stayed for two nights on my own in a double room, hoping for a relaxing time - which is exactly what I got. On arrival, Nikki and Peter made me immediately feel very welcome, check-in was informal as payment had already been made and I was introduced to the local area. Nikki brought bucks fizz to my room and answered any question I had, which were mostly about what eateries were best in Shanklin.
My room was on the smaller side but it did not matter to me as I was only staying for two nights - bed was divine and touch-activated lamps on both bedside tables were fab!! No getting out of bed to turn the lights off. I was provided with coffee, different types of tea and hot chocolate - real milk was provided in a flask as well as different types of biscuits. Shower was seperate to wc room (don't know about other rooms) and it was a proper, modern shower, easy to operate.
Breakfast was very good, well cooked and plenty available. I was especially impressed with getting proper cafetiere coffee. I did not have breakfast my second morning simply because I wanted to sleep in until check-out time. Nikki still offered me breakfast after I had checked out - now that I call a service and care for the customer!
Not forgetting the complimentary newspaper outside the room in the morning, rarely come across that these days.
Cleanliness is clearly a high priority at Atholl Court, there were still some refurbishments being made to the room next door but it still looked very tidy on the hallway and no noises were heard during the day. My room was immaculate.
I will for sure return to Atholl Court, having stayed in hotels of all star ratings around the world, this little guest house has been my biggest surprise in quality vs price and I can not give it more praise. It was fantastic!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Steinthor
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We had a wonderful holiday at the Atholl Court in Shanklin. The Guest house is really good with excellent hosts Nicki and Peter. We had a lovely room with great facilities and lots of friendly extra touches such as bottles of water, a selection of biscuits, shower aids, morning papers, bathrobes and slippers. The breakfasts were a delight, expertly cooked and a vg selection. The location is excellent and Shanklin is the jewel in the Isle of Wight crown. We would not want to stay anywhere else in the Isle of Wight.

Room Tip: Room 3 was vg. Cannot comment on other rooms as we didn't see them.
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We have just returned from a three night stay at The Atholl Guest House in Shanklin IOW. What a find. Nikki and Peter, the owners, were an absolute delight. We were greeted with a lovely chilled glass of bucks fizz on arrival. The rooms were superbly clean and beautifully decorated. Bath robes and new slippers for each person were provided for comfort, as well as a complimentary morning paper. The breakfasts were also fabulous, fresh fruit, cereal, freshly ground Italian coffee, toast and a beautifully cooked full English breakfast . Peter is an absolute character, lively and full of fun, a true " pick me up" in the morning! I would VERY HIGHLY recommend The Atholl Guest House for the perfect stay in the IOW.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

we stayed at this B&B on a weekend trip to isle of wight.The place is nearer to transport links.It is walking distance from Shanklin beach.The room we stayed in was neat and clean.The hosts were friendly and had some helpful suggestions to view the best places around.breakfast was excellent with attention to dietary needs.To sum up it is one of the fantastic place to stay in shanklin.I will definitely recommend it.