“Excellent place to stay”

Victoria Lodge Hotel
Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Shanklin
Reviewed 21 August 2010

This is a reasonably priced hotel ideally situated for all parts of Shanklin. All staff are extremely friendly and standard of accomodation and food is very good. On day we checked in they had 2 rooms available and we chose one with a seaview which was great to wake up to in the morning.
One very minor criticism is that bath towels could be slightly bigger although if we had asked for larger I am sure .this request would have been granted.
Again this hotel is excellent value and served as a great base to explore the many delights of the Isle of Wight

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B0bandJill
There are newer reviews for Victoria Lodge Hotel

Reviewed 18 August 2010

Sallyann and Peter have thought of everything to enable guests to have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I Have stayed in many Hotels,but none so friendly as this.. Do not believe anything untoward about Victoria Lodge Hotel,I could not fault it. Congratulations Sallyann and Peter.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank shelaghstrom
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Just returned from a very relaxing short stay at the Victoria.

I don't want to be ultra-critical with what was a very reasonably priced hotel with truely excellent staff. This included the owners SallyAnne and Peter that made us feel very welcome but also the breakfast and cleaning staff.

Location is fantastic for both the old village (and its many pubs and restaurants) as well as the esplanade (and beach).

The room and hotel as a whole was very clean.

Nice views while having breakfast.

My only negative comments would be that the mattress we had needs changing as is very lumpy. The room was small be adequate for a short stay. I would have liked more flexibility at breakfast as having to choose between cereal and OJ seems a little harsh to me. The biggest problem however was the shower, it was borderline dangerous. One second it would go ice cold and the next near scolding. This was I suspect due to it being a feed from the bath mixer tap and not properly fitted shower unit.

I would have no issues at in staying at the Victoria again BUT I would book a little earlier next time and make sure I got a room with an electric shower (which I know they have).

Please notice my overall score when reading my negative comments as overall the hotel and our stay was lovely.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ab_wales
Reviewed 30 July 2010

A quiet. peaceful experience; just what we were looking for. Very convenient for Shanklin amenities. Good food and friendly service, very comfortable. The room was on the small side but of no consequence for a short break. All-in-all, very good value.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2010

This was our second visit to Victoria Lodge and as before we were made to feel completetly at home by Sallyann and Peter, this is a truly friendly Hotel. It is spotlessly clean, the food very good with a good choice of menu. We look forward to staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Having read the reviews and the high marks and review (other than one crazy person) my partner and I opted to stay at the Victoria Lodge Hotel. When we arrived we were welcomed by Sally-Anne and Peter and shown to our room. The room was spacious and had everything we required, we had fresh towels and the usual you would expect. The Bed was nice and comfy (which we all know is a must) and the bathroom was a nice size to do what you need!. We had a TV, kettle etc again as you would expect.

The hotel through-out was clean and tidy. Both Sally-Anne and Peter were very knowledgeable and helped us plan our time in the Isle of Wight, with ideas of places to go and see. Everyone there was happy and helped make you feel comfortable and it was a friendly atmosphere. I like my breakfasts and I enjoyed them very much ;o). you had a choice from cereals, Cooked breakfast (now were talking!), kippers etc, we also had tea/coffee and toast. The waitress was polite and helpful and most importantly to me brought me a very nice cooked breakfast!.

The location was superb we were a walk away from the beech and the sea views were beautiful. Each morning we would pop outside with our tea and sit in the sun looking out to sea.

I would like to make one note from a crazy review from someone moaning about ‘room 7’ and we were intrigued to see this, what a load of bull. The room opens up to the hallway of the hotel and opposite is a wall, yes to the right you can see a small part of the restaurant but it certainly didn’t open to the restaurant (as written by some ‘reviewer’) and it was private like the rest of the rooms. I guess some people just like to moan about anything ha ha ha.

All in all we enjoyed our stay and got more than we expected and we will definitely be going back to stay at the Victoria Lodge Hotel when we visit the beautiful Isle of Wight again. Thank you Sally-Anne, Peter and staff we shall look forward to seeing you all again soon John and Sarah.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Have just had yet another stay at this very friendly Hotel. Fairly quiet at this time of year but still good service, Noticed lots of improvements including curtains in the Lounge and Dining rooms, smoke detectors and other safety devices. Food upto their usual high standard. Will be back later in the year when the weather improves

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple