“Worth going back to the Isle of Wight for”
Review of Morgans Restaurant

Morgans Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 87 Restaurants in Shanklin
Price range: US$6 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Morgans serve the finest home made cuisine using the best produce the Isalnd has to offer. Alongside the extensive menu is the special board which changes daily and is known for is fresh local fish and shellfish.About Tim Morgan; After working at several top london restaurants, and alongside Marco Pierre White, Tim brought his dream of owning his own restaurant back to the Isle of Wight in 2006 to open Morgans restaurant in Shanklin High Street. Morgans Restaurant accept families with children over 5 and have a childrens menu specifically for children aged between 5 and 12 years old
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We found this restaurant on our last night on the Isle of Wight... If we’d found it sooner, we would not have eaten anywhere else. Vikki, Tim’s wife, was out waitress for the evening, and was lovely. And once I had started eating, it came as no surprise to learn that Tim has worked with the likes of Marco Pierre White.

We decided to share our starters as neither of us could really decide...one Morgan’s special cocktail and pan fried scallops. Both were delicious. I thought the starter would be the highlight of my meal. How wrong I was. We both chose the belly pork for the main course (although I had gone through many iterations prior to placing my order). I like belly pork but it is usually a fatty meat. Not so here. It was moist, with a thick layer of crunchy crackling. When we commented on the lack of greasiness, Vikki told us that Tim presses it for hours prior to cooking. That definitely pays off.

It’s the first time I’ve had a blue cheese mash, but that is definitely something I will be trying at home, it was delicious and I’m sorry I couldn’t finish it. Broccoli, cabbage and carrots on the side.... It was all good and probably the only reason I would return to Shanklin.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Three of us had just one day on the Island, so lunch was important. We saw Morgan's ads stating that it was 'Renowned for Local Seafood and Shellfish' and their website says that Tim Morgan has worked in top London restaurants and with Marco Pierre White and 'serves the finest home-made cuisine'. We drove especially to Shanklin and I wrongly assumed that the restaurant might have a view - sadly it's just in the High Street. We were the only customers there. The only seafood on their menu was Garlic Prawns or Fish and Chips, plus pie, burger, tagliatelle - the risotto wasn't available. We would have walked out if we'd had a plan B. Two of us chose Garlic Prawns and the other Beef and Ale Pie. They were what you'd expect in a cafe. Service was ok - finger-bowls should contain hot water.

1  Thank Gourmandsouth
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I am leaving this review over my disappointment with the restaurant . Firstly let me tell you that they do good tasting food and their lunch menu is really nice. However, on the last two occasions I have visited here for lunch (Saturdays) the place has been closed despite it's advertised times saying otherwise. I would suggest that you call ahead to avoid disappointment!

2  Thank A9659DPdavidk
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Recommended by our hotel (The Grange) and have to say the food / presentation/ service was excellent. Lovely ambience and I think it was reasonably priced so a big up all round so if your in the area I would definitely recommend this restaurant and am sure you won’t be disappointed

1  Thank Baz C
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Late booking, but squeezed in, the food is fantastic and the rioja is one of the best we have had, the staff are pleasant ant not constantly quizzing you....

Nice change from the norm....