“New Years Day treat”

Price range: US$7 - US$41
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Morgans serve the finest home made cuisine using the best produce the Isalnd has to offer. Alongside the extensive menu is the special board which changes daily and is known for is fresh local fish and shellfish.About Tim Morgan; After working at several top london restaurants, and alongside Marco Pierre White, Tim brought his dream of owning his own restaurant back to the Isle of Wight in 2006 to open Morgans restaurant in Shanklin High Street. Morgans Restaurant accept families with children over 5 and have a childrens menu specifically for children aged between 5 and 12 years old
Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

Booked table a few weeks ago via email, lovely welcoming from Tim Morgan, the owner, nice touch. Arrived a little early but not a problem. Nice simple menu, great options. Fish and chips and steak and ale pie ordered. Fish was the size of a small whale, utterly fabulous. The pie too was outstanding, creamy and buttery mash, great choice of veg. No room for pudding, until I spotted sticky toffee pud, my absolute favourite. Fabulous, though I did have to leave a little, eyes bigger than my belly syndrome. £65 for the two of us including drinks. Well done Tim and your team. Have a fabulous 2019, we're back early May, so we'll pop by again.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed 5 December 2018

we come here exerytime we are in shanklin which is quite a lot

staff excellent food excellent
our vavourite venue on the island

never lets us down

have a lovely xmas

john and jennie

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 26 November 2018

Whilst out for our morning walk we studied the early evening menu (5pm-6.30pm) in the window and returned about 6pm only to find the restaurant in darkness. A whole array of notices are displayed on the windows and doors, but nothing relating to their opening hours, so the presumption was that the restaurant would open at 5pm - alas this proved not to be the case. We had already visited Seaview for lunch, returning to Shanklin late afternoon, and instead of a leisurely walk home we then had to go back to Ryde again to find somewhere for dinner; fortunately our favourite Italian eatery restored our equilibrium!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank evyRomsey
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Called up a couple of hours before we wanted to eat to book and they were extremely polite and friendly. Waitress was helpful and attentive. Ordered the bruschetta for starter and my partner had the cheesy garlic bread. The bruschetta was amazing and the garlic bread was the best I'd ever had and I wish we'd ordered more.

For mains I had carbonara and he had the tagliatelle with prawns and crab (can't remember the actual name). He has already raved about the dish to everyone he has seen while on the Isle of Wight and I imagine he will continue to do so after the holiday. I was very impressed with my carbonara and really hope my compliments were given to the chef.

Dessert for both of us was creme brulee. Wonderful tasting with a lovely layer of sugar on top and amazing ice cream with short bread.

Would 100% recommend this restaurant and will definitely be going back next time we're here.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank ETancred
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Book the restaurant with our six year old then read the reviews saying the restaurant wasn’t overly friendly towards children. What a wrong impression of the place they couldn’t be more friendly and cooperative towards us with a young child. The food was of top quality and it was reasonably priced as well would definitely return if in Shanklin again on holiday

Date of visit: October 2018