“Just take a look around you...what a beautiful campsite.”

Ninham Country Holidays
Shropshire
“Just take a look around you...what a beautiful campsite.”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This campsite does exactly what it says on the tin (or website!)...
We stayed for 3 nights in a tent and used most of the facilities.
Shower block/toilets - very clean (better than most hotels!) - ok they are a bit dated BUT
it is a campsite...if your looking for power showers,free soap and towels to take home
book yourself into a hotel!! 8/10 for cleanliness and constant supply of hot water.
5/10 for it being child friendly...fixed shower head too far away and the water was too hot for a 2 year old (sorry! just being honest)
Washing/drying facilities - excellent. (maybe add a couple more machines?)
Pool area - Very happy there was a baby/toddler pool seperate to the big pool - Our 2 year old loved it! Could do with more seating at the far end near the toddler pool.

This really is a fantastic campsite - the scenery is beautiful,lots of wildlife and lovely walks... the site is well maintained and very clean...we really loved it and will be back next year for sure.
We would also like to thank Mark,Kate and Ollie for doing such a fantastic job of running Ninham...without them you really would have something to complain about!
Keep up the good work guys and hopefully see you there next year.
P.S I forgot to complain about the man (or was it his wife?) that snored so loudly we couldn't sleep...because we were laughing so much ;)
We recommend Ninham and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank HEADTEST

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Leicester
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I stayed at this camping site with my new wife and two year old daughter. The location is excellent and the camp site was ok, clean and spacious but a little basic. The space allocated for pitches was very good but the shower blocks were a bit dated.

I was very disappointed with the staff though. Their ability to communicate with the customers is very flawed. The shower block was really unsuitable for my two year old so I complained about it to the reception. They did not tell me they had toddler changing facilities. I then complained again after the showers burnt my little one (not badly). The owner came to see me but he was clearly only interested to see if he was liable for any damage to her. He told me that I should have let them know I had a toddler and they would have put me near the toddler and baby facilities and give me a key to them. I told him I wasn't aware of the facilities and he told me I should have read the website. I then did read the website and it wasn't mentioned. I checked the booking details and I had told them about our little one. I read all their literature and it wasn't mentioned. So I spoke to them again about it, saying that he was being unreasonable. I was told his son runs the park and that he would call me to discuss my concerns. Suprise suprise the call never happened.

This resort is not bad, but the staff are poor communicators promising phone calls which never happen. They also dont know the facilities of their resort very well or its too much hassle to tell the customers.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank scottjturner
08212011h, Manager at Ninham Country Holidays, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
A fair few inaccuracies in this review.

The client did not first complain facilities were unsuitable and then burn his child - The client complained after he put his child into the shower - and then was informed baby baths were available.

There are facilities provided for babies to bath in - information which is provided in our brochure and a free key is provided .

If he came to us with his first complaint that the facilities he was using were unsuitable, which he didn't (inaccurate) , he would have been told then there were facilities available.

He did not do this - He instead put his child (whilst under the influence of alcohol ) into a shower, and did not check the temperature first. He admitted to this.

To say the gentleman was: clearly only interested to see if he was liable for any damage to her is pure speculation and inaccurate. As a matter of course and process, every complaint is dealt with to obtain accurate information.

The client was contacted on 2 further occasions after his stay, messages were left - no return phone call.

Its a shame trip advisor publish such inaccurate reviews in-line with their own guidelines.
Norfolk, GB
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Treetops self catering accomodation an upside down house with excellent facilities for up to six people.
Ideal location for visiting the popular beaches at Sandown and Shanklin. Very near to Lake and its Morrisons Spmkt. Godshill only 10 mins drive.
Site is huge and you are a long hike to the pool (which is outdoors no changing facilities we used a towel and drove down) and the games room which is open til 10pm and has wifi connection.
A great holiday in a lovely location.
Places to visit include Black gang Cine (don't both with children over 5. Robin Hill excellent park but the best ride (Tobogan) is extra £1.50 per person.
At Shanklin on the front an excelent arcade for youngsters which actually has the old machines to take 1 and 2ps.
My advice use Tesco vouchers for crossing with Wightlink and at Needles park. Chairlift is broken at present. We necer got to Amazon Zoo but this also takes Tesco vouchers.
Shanklin Chine is as beautiful (try going at dusk) as ever and we then used the penny arcade above.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Cambridge, UK
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We stayed here at the start of the school summer holidays and although it was busy the pitches are all a very good size and so it didn't feel overcrowded.
It is all very well maintained and clean. We chose to stay in the field without dogs as there is a choice which is a great idea.
The swimming pool although not very large was great and has sun loungers all the way round.
The toilets and showers could do with a little bit of an update but they were clean and tidy.
Would definitely go back.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank hjcmje
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
Sandringham Hotel
#5 of 52 in Shanklin
Rowborough Hotel
Rowborough Hotel
#1 of 52 in Shanklin

Been to Ninham Country Holidays? Share your experiences!