“Would definitely return”

Ninham Country Holidays
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We had a lovely holiday here from mid to end of August including the Bank Holiday weekend staying in our own tent.

The pitches are numbered and generous and there was a great feeling of space. The kids (aged 8 & 10) enjoyed the park, the games room and the outdoor swimming pool.

We enjoyed being able to walk to Shanklin and back down the country lanes accessed directly on site. With no car to worry about we could take our time enjoying the beach and shops and not worry about parking charges.

The new toilet block is lovely though I struggled with the showers. My husband was fine so I think it was just me not being tall enough to take advantage of the spray before it converged in every direction! This also made it difficult to wash my daughters long hair.

This was a quiet site and despite staying 10 nights which included the August Bank Holiday weekend we never had any incidents of being kept awake by other campers and witnessed no antisocial behaviour.

Set in lovely countryside we saw foxes and badgers. Be aware reception can be quite a walk away if you need anything - such as the ice pack freezing service.

We would definitely return here if in the area again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank zanidip

Reviewed 5 January 2014

When I joined TripAdvisor I had great expectations of myself and the ability to give exact pitch numbers ect but alas I have forgotten them all!
Ninham is just beautiful, calm and tranquil.
As a family of 3 we camp on 3. Pitches mom/dad one side sister (family of 5) the other!
The children could run, play and laugh on a good sized grass area at the front of our tent, we pitched next to the swimming pool, which was good for an outdoor pool, loungers and baby pool!
We were 50 metres from the MOST OUTSTANDING toilet/shower block I have EVER camped in!
Despite sounding close to both these areas, we really weren't. We were close but far enough away not to be bothered by other children or excessive noise.
We went for a wander around all the bottom fields and I have to admit our pitches were the best in my view, the others were full with lots of children making friends and playing together, what holidays are made of but as a mom I don't want half the campsite in my tent! So facing the new shower block to the right would be my recommendation!
The showers were amazing as we're the toilets, clean fresh and modern. Truly just wonderful, my mom slipped where the floor tiles changed but the warden assured us this would be looked into as this was the first season in use.
I did find in some of the cubicles nearer the entrance my clothes got slightly wet, hard to describe but if the divider was about 2" wider no spray would escape, just an observation.
Aldi was round the corner
Morrisons 5 min away and pubs all over, u still felt in the middle of nowhere.
We saw the Milky Way, Shooting Stars, the most intense storm ever and beautiful beaches!
I have fallen for IOW and would stay at NINHAM COUNTRY HOLIDAYS again.
Strongly recommended u do too!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Lincoln2006
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We are islanders and stayed in July 2013. A fantastic site ! Great for kids to cycle around, and my two loved the kids pool. The facilities are very clean and newly built. Would go back again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank IOW123456
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We camped for 10 days (2 adults, 1 teenager) at the Orchard-side (nod-dog area). There was plenty of room for our large "Lepelaar"(Dutch de Waard tent). Campsite and facilities are very clean, lots of space around and in between tents.
Very kind owners, very helpfull all the time.
Again: one of the best places we ever stayed!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Excellent camp site in a perfect position, individual marked pitches make things very easy, showers and toilet blocks were very clean and tidy. The site is very near to Shanklin, you can walk in 15/20mins along marked bridleways I cycled even quicker! Morrisons supermarket is less than a mile away for all your shopping needs. If I hand to be really picky then the site could do with its own small shop for your papers/ milk etc but don't let that put you off as its a real gem.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We spent 2 wks on site in our caravan.
Site was very clean, well tended to grass areas
Children were safe playing on the site; loads of space, greenery and 2 small play framed areas + a very clean private outdoor pool
Catered for tents, motorhomes and caravans
A brand new shower block with very high cleanliness standards
In both mens/ womens showers were a large shower area for families that had a hand shower, a childsize shower and an adults shower + a baby bath and highstep
The showers were lovely and warm! But the area of water that came out made it difficult for the average height person to wash their hair!
Best place we've stayed at to date! Amazing place!
And morrisons is a minutes drive from the site!
Perfect!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank WickedVicky2013
Reviewed 1 September 2013

A brilliant camping site for your family holiday. We had a great holiday here and the girls loved the swimming pool. Excellent facilities - kept clean. Very friendly and helpful people. A peaceful camp site with walks too. Morrisons just around the corner for your shopping. Can highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Watty717
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
Medehamstede Hotel
Rowborough Hotel
Rowborough Hotel
#1 of 51 in Shanklin
The Nightingale Hotel, Bar & Restaurant

Been to Ninham Country Holidays? Share your experiences!