“Beauifull ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

Would have loved this place to be opened !! I walked on the beauifull beach and saw it and thought how cute it looked.

Date of visit: December 2018
Debbie K, Manager at Fisherman's Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2019

Hi Jules, As you can appreciate it is a very quiet time of year and we are a Seasonal pub only. We are reopening on the 27th March 2019 and hope you can pop in then!

Reviewed 12 December 2018

Well worth the small stroll from Shanklin esplanade to this pretty pub right on the beach.
The pub is quaint and lovely to sit outside in the sunshine.unfortunately it's closed in the winter .
The menu is quite varied .
A lovely place to visit

Date of visit: September 2018

We look forward to seeing you when we reopen on the 27th March 2019.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

I loved the location, hidden away in a cove underneath the entrance to Shanklin Chine. We were blessed with sunny weather for our visit, and we sat at an outside table so the the kids could dip their feet in the sea before the food arrived.

The food was fine. I had hoped to order a kids portion (ie half) jacket potato rather than ordering (and paying for) an adult sized meal for my 1 year old, but the kitchen couldn’t accommodate my request. All in all we had a great meal though.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 1 November 2018

This was a hidden gem that we stumbled upon on our first visit to the Isle of Wight. The location was beautiful and the food was delicious. I recommend you phone up and book a table as it is a small but cosy pub and very popular.

Date of visit: April 2018

Thank you for your lovely feedback!

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Booked on Facebook a table for my partner and son. It's our 3rd visit. Went for a walk along the beach when the tide was out to look for a hidden secret cave. It was so hidden and secret we didn't find it. Got back to the pub a little annoyed right on 6:30 when booked,.good thing as it had just got dark. The pub lifted our spirits..We were welcomed and sat down. Food was very reasonably priced service good..I love the atmosphere of this 200 year old inn.

Only criticism is the fire place should have a log burner. It was just an electric one. But that's just a little minor. The place has a spooky feel about it, it would have been the perfect haunt for my crew as I used to do paranormal investigation all those years ago. I wanted to set up some equipment. But in doubt fellow diners would have deemed this normal.

Also, I'd like to ask the owner where they got the 3D photo from that's on the wall next to the kitchen door, .as I would love one in my home to remind us of our lovely visits there.

Keep up the good work. See you next year.

Date of visit: October 2018

Thank you for your Feedback, I share your view regarding a log burner but as you can appreciate with a thatch roof and suffering a previous fire this is not practical. I am glad you enjoyed your experience here and we do hold Spooky events through the season that i think you will enjoy?, keep a check on our Facebook page for these, The 3d picture was kindly donated from a local artist and we share your view it is lovely.