“amazing find!”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Went in when we found good reviews and wanted something different. Best meal while we were on the island! Staff helpful and explianed thai and gave us enough time to eat which was nice as elderley relative with us so not to be rushed was great. Food was lovely and starters and mains were out of this world.Best thai. Drank sparkling wine all evening which was reasonably priced for a restaurant.
Only downside was I had a dessert which was a baked alaska, not very thai and also not fresh. It was of the frozen catering company kind and such a let down after high standards of the meal. A couple of fresh deserts to chose from would complete the experience but will definately be back!

There are newer reviews for Black Cat Restaurant

Reviewed 22 October 2013

thought we had entered an old english tearoom with fiftys decor not a thai restaurant . waiter very helpful in helping us in our choice of meal as only eaten thai a few times . meal very tasty and good portion size for a reasonable cost we look forward to returning in the near future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

we found this restuarant by accident and it was amazing. The service was excellent and very informative for my wife who hadn't eaten thai before.
the food was beautiful, we were away for 7 days on our honeymoon and it was the best meal we ate all week.
very reasonably priced for such good quality food

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stumbled across this Thai restaurant during a midweek stay in Shanklin early May 2013. Staff are welcoming, attentive and at times, very entertaining! Was a little dubious to start with as the decor and furnishings remind you of a quaint tearoom somewhere but it just adds to the eclectic style. The food is AMAZING, great choice, well prepared, fresh, presented beautifully and good portion sizes. Waiters will explain the menu to you and recommend dishes if you wish. I was delighted to find my favourite duck dish on the menu and was not disappointed. Would thoroughly recommend this restaurant but you may be wise to book at weekends. Will be back next year........

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

From entering this this thai resturant to leaving it ,, it was a perfect evening..
The waiter couldn't of helped us more , he explained everything to us as we've only eaten thai meals a couple of times, there was a party of about 10 which he explained our meals mite be about a 30 minute wait, that wasn't a problem we said.we ordered the wine which was beautiful
The waiter went through all the dishes and recommended 1 to me which had chicken ,potato and nuts in, something I wouldn't normally choose, I asked how hot could he make it as I like any curry hot , I was told as hot as I like it..well he said theres english hot and theres thai hot .I went for the thai hot .When the meals arrived WOW he wasnt kidding when I tasted it it was RED HOT and i mean red hot,yet I still could taste all the lovely flavours in it .It tasted beautiful with the spaghetti noodles.my partners said her meal was excellent.
Even the chef came out to us to see if we were enjoying our meals which was nice of her
All in all this has got to be one of the best places we've ever eaten in for service , food and quality
We would highly recommend this place